Why did they add more story achievements??

There is a reason that people try to do story achievements in one run, if possible. Having to go back for additional ones is an unnecessary "job"-creation measure.

I was happy being done with all those achievements so I could focus on the other stuff, and now there is more? Oof, not happy with that.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

Wait til they add the legendary bacon food achievement... you'll have to find the legendary pig in hard-to-reach locations on every single map for step 1.

Step 2 will be talk to Chef "bloodstone" again and then kill the legendary world boss pig...

And then you'll go on a taste test tour to all settlements in Tyria and you'll need 300 "thumbs up" responses to learn the official recipe

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

Wait til they add the legendary bacon food achievement... you'll have to find the legendary pig in hard to reach locations on every single map for step 1.

Step 2 will be talk to Chef "bloodstone" again and then kill the legendary world boss pig...

And then you'll go on a taste test tour to all settlements in Tyria and you'll need 300 "thumbs up" responses to learn the official recipe

I’m not seeing this as anything other than a brilliant idea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, azorean.1850 said:

more stuff to do!! how dare they.

It's not about that lol. it's more like, it should be included when we ran the story the 1st time. I've already ran the story twice, I don't want to run it again because I'm too busy doing a whole bunch of daily/weekly stuffs. I don't even have time to set foot on the Soto map again after the first few days even though I want to, for the other map achivements lol.

No, I'm not only just referring to the wizard vault daily/weekly. I have stuffs that I was already doing before Soto like strike mission, raid, etc.... Now that with the vault system, I've even more daily/weekly to do. I mean I'm not against content, but can they please deliver them all at the same time, if it belongs to the same, in this case - story chapter? I really hope that they don't do this again on the future story chapter. I never really like running the story more than once, let alone 3 time. If they gonna put a lot of 1AP achievements in the same story, so be it! But please let me get them all in the same instance, is my wishful thinking ☺️ 

Edited by Blueberry.8095
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

So ignore it.

Honestly, I will never understand people who complain about having to do things that they don't have to do.

Maybe it would have been convenient, but it wasn't there. It's there now. Do it or don't. Of course you're allowed to complain, but come on, man. Stuff changes all the time.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This wouldn't bother me if it was an error, but I'm afraid it may be part of a trend. Anet's new design philosophy seems very focused on keeping players busy, er, sry, "engaged", so they're doling things out piecemeal instead of in bigger releases that allowed players to come and go from the game as they please. Or, as others have mentioned, those of us who never go but always feel like we've got more to do . . .

I don't think I'm in a position to say whether this will be good or bad for anet -- and therefore the game -- in the long run, but adding things that involve going back and redoing things I've already done, particularly in a story chapter, isn't particularly fun for me . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think there is still one achievement missing.

In that map there is something about wine and you need a bottle to bottle it up but I searched everywhere, no bottle. They need to add the bottle and an achievement for it!

Since you can revisited certain story-steps again and don't need to play the entire story again I think it is okay if they add more. The game got released in kind of a beta version anyway.

On 9/13/2023 at 12:30 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

There is a reason that people try to do story achievements in one run, if possible. Having to go back for additional ones is an unnecessary "job"-creation measure.

I was happy being done with all those achievements so I could focus on the other stuff, and now there is more? Oof, not happy with that.

To get AP hunters to log back in and do the content.  Add new achievements every few weeks and it keeps the numbers for their metrics up.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/15/2023 at 9:53 PM, Gop.8713 said:

This wouldn't bother me if it was an error, but I'm afraid it may be part of a trend. Anet's new design philosophy seems very focused on keeping players busy, er, sry, "engaged", so they're doling things out piecemeal instead of in bigger releases that allowed players to come and go from the game as they please. Or, as others have mentioned, those of us who never go but always feel like we've got more to do . . .

I don't think I'm in a position to say whether this will be good or bad for anet -- and therefore the game -- in the long run, but adding things that involve going back and redoing things I've already done, particularly in a story chapter, isn't particularly fun for me . . .

Well I guess they figure we're not grinding enough, so GW2 needs more grind. 

• Confused 4