stupid cantha dailies [Merged]

bossdonut.1938

27 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

At least this one worked and doesn't bug as often as the other one.
I thought they removed both from the daily rotation, cuz it has a chance to lock too.

It is surprising how quickly it came back in the rotation.

No they never said anything about the armory mini dungoen.

Lukas lock should be fixable with instance swap (if you find a working one). Just don't blast him with full raid rotation xD

The final chest thingy is more of a problem. But we all have enough toons to try the chest, right?

Still not a fan of any mini-dungeon being a part of daily rotation. I'd rather see them moved to weekly, should help avoid ppl getting stuck and unable to progress. Also patch tomorrow should give more options for dailies (so we can skip some?).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

these dungeons all suck. we need a reroll asap. i literally cant beat this one because i just die to the fire blast instantly. no daily completion today i guess

Broadly speaking there's 2 options for the fire traps. One is to do it on a tanky character and just dodge/run through them and pause to heal in between each set. The other (what you're supposed to do) is watch the pattern on the floor and only stand on the deactivated ones. You don't need any special skills or boons or anything to do it, there's enough time to run from one panel to the next before they change, but it does need careful timing and paying attention to how they change. It's a good idea to zoom the camera out and position it overhead so you can see the whole area around your character.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Still not a fan of any mini-dungeon being a part of daily rotation. I'd rather see them moved to weekly, should help avoid ppl getting stuck and unable to progress. Also patch tomorrow should give more options for dailies (so we can skip some?).

Exactly one more option for dailies, if Rubi's post was to be understood literally. I believe Anet still haven't had time or figured out how to make a better UI for giving only the 35 AA for 4 daily objectives and then no more if you complete more daily objectives. They want to give you more options but cap your max daily AA gain; for reference see other threads with suggestions made by players how they really should've fixed it...

Anyhow - back to my point - unless Anet have a surprise in store, we will only see 5 daily objectives after tomorrow's patch. And then I guess the mini-dungeon haters just have to hope that there aren't 2 mini dungeons in one particular day's objectives 😄 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Broadly speaking there's 2 options for the fire traps. One is to do it on a tanky character and just dodge/run through them and pause to heal in between each set. The other (what you're supposed to do) is watch the pattern on the floor and only stand on the deactivated ones. You don't need any special skills or boons or anything to do it, there's enough time to run from one panel to the next before they change, but it does need careful timing and paying attention to how they change. It's a good idea to zoom the camera out and position it overhead so you can see the whole area around your character.

Yeah, with a little bit of puzzle solving, you can easily complete these dungeons without getting caught in traps. But I think some just instantly rage over mini dungeons in dailies, but when a daily has "defeat 1 elite enemy" you don't hear the ones who aren't good at combat complaining.

Or the ones who still don't know how to CC complain they have to "break 1 enemy's defiance bar"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Yeah, with a little bit of puzzle solving, you can easily complete these dungeons without getting caught in traps. But I think some just instantly rage over mini dungeons in dailies, but when a daily has "defeat 1 elite enemy" you don't hear the ones who aren't good at combat complaining.

Or the ones who still don't know how to CC complain they have to "break 1 enemy's defiance bar"

Taking part in a Tequatl fight you complete both the elite enemy and defiance bar dailies very easily (and you have a chance for some loot).

The problem with today's mini dungeon for me was that the NPC reached 50% (I didn't rush the DPS at all) and he disappear without reappearing as a friendly NPC to enable the teleport.

I had to retry hours later and finally got in the dungeon. That kitten is what needs fixing. The one that they removed had a problem again registering if and what part of the fights you did as there were too many people running around and the last fight could also bug exactly like today's initial fight.

It has to be an underlying piece of code that breaks very easily and it must be way too similar in both cases.

Edited by gousgou.5438
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

these dungeons all suck.

No, they do not. Puzzles and games of skill are my thing. They are well designed and quickly done.

Also, at least Varburg Armory isn't bugged. So what exactly are you complaining about?

15 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

i literally cant beat this one because i just die to the fire blast instantly.

I see. Tried to stand still and watch one rows pattern? You will quickly recognize the easy ones, which makes it a piece of cake.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No, they do not. Puzzles and games of skill are my thing. They are well designed and quickly done.

Also, at least Varburg Armory isn't bugged. So what exactly are you complaining about?

I see. Tried to stand still and watch one rows pattern? You will quickly recognize the easy ones, which makes it a piece of cake.

Cantha minis inst designed as normal dungeons, because of loot and have POI's into them. They're designed for alternative former "Unusual Coin"(now "strange coin") farm outside hunt random chest over cantha maps.

They must sticked to core tyria JP/Mini's, i really don't like come back to Cantha, the cantha maps are slowest to load in the game

Its seems theyre trying force us a failed content.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Cantha minis inst designed as normal dungeons, because of loot and have POI's into them. They're designed for alternative former "Unusual Coin"(now "strange coin") farm outside hunt random chest over cantha maps.

They must sticked to core tyria JP/Mini's, i really don't like come back to Cantha, the cantha maps are slowest to load in the game

Its seems theyre trying force us a failed content.

They know many people don't like EoD, they want to force people to go there.

Now that you get 4 choices and need to do 3 of them for the bigger chest, the Seitung minidungeon is completely skippable unless you are not raking in so much AA already that losing out on 10 AA is a hindrance.  I was quite cheerful when I saw it on the list tonight, because I could gleefully ignore its very existence, a mental state I'd been waiting to experience since they patched us to one more choice.  I wonder if there's a lot of squads bothering with it now that it's avoidable.

(My numbers are correct.  The login part is not a choice, it by definition will be done if you are working on dailies).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

no that little maze is the highlight of the dailies, i love it 😄 the community working together, with commander who marking where totems got found on the map and then killing the bosses. this is peak mmorpg gameplay and i wish more dailys would be like that.

Triple Trouble as a weekly/daily please 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

It is doable with less pressure now - cause there are 5/4 available and you can omit one and still get the big chest. The frequency at which this dungeon appears ... seems pretty high though. Wasn't it just 2 weeks ago when it was the list time in the dailies? Seems like they want to bring it every 2 weeks which ... would not be that bad, but:

There are other mini dungeons in the game and now they seem to have put in stuff from other expansions (vs EoD only for people that own everything) in the weeklies as well as for some dailies (like killing and stuff). I wonder if we could not get - for example - the Sanctum of Nakhba or something like that. (PoF map.) For the HoT ... maybe an adventure related to those maps. I do not really remember mini dungeons there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Spirit Vestibule is on the daily rotation for the third or possibly fourth time since the introduction of the Wizard's Vault. It's getting a little silly. I own every expansion and Living Story so there really isn't a lack of content to pull from. Luckily I can skip it this time and still get daily completion but their task randomizer really needs a looking at.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sewenewes.4176 said:

Spirit Vestibule is on the daily rotation for the third or possibly fourth time since the introduction of the Wizard's Vault. It's getting a little silly. I own every expansion and Living Story so there really isn't a lack of content to pull from. Luckily I can skip it this time and still get daily completion but their task randomizer really needs a looking at.

This. There are a TON of minidungeons in the game, so why do I keep getting the same one? Either it's not pulling from all of them (prioritizing newer content?) or something's buggy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna.9108 said:

no that little maze is the highlight of the dailies, i love it 😄 the community working together, with commander who marking where totems got found on the map and then killing the bosses. this is peak mmorpg gameplay and i wish more dailys would be like that.

I couldn't agree with this more. Both times Spirit Vestibule was among the daillies I joined a squad, we located the totems and defeated the bosses, marking all on the map. I don't see this nearly as much as I used to back in the day.

18 minutes ago, Qing Guang.6389 said:

This. There are a TON of minidungeons in the game, so why do I keep getting the same one? Either it's not pulling from all of them (prioritizing newer content?) or something's buggy.

I also couldn't agree more with this. And it's not just the mini-dungeons. Daily activity pops up once a week (Crab Toss 2 times in a row now: yuck), do a heart quest, do a rift event, do 3 combo attacks, dodge 3 attacks, kill with an enhancement. I keep seeing the same ones pop up at least once a week, if not more. I miss the variety of dailies, even within a specific game mode. I hope that's something they will fix sooner rather than later.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Qing Guang.6389 said:

My guess is that it's because most of the other "minidungeons" are just random chests in a cave. Running to an object, pressing f and porting out is closer to being a vista than to being any dungeon.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2