Skins/colors for mechs and ranger pets [Merged]

Dadefyl.1908

I know a lot of people asked about skins or dyes for the engineer mech, but I don't think Anet ever said anything about it.

Most ranger pets do have options if you don't mind that it slightly changes their skills as well. All pets in the same family (e.g. all birds or all felines) have the same stats and 3/4 the same skills, but then their F2 skill is different. In raids, some strikes and T4 Fractals that might be important but in most of the game you can pick whichever pet in a family you like best.

• Like 3

That is a good tip about the pets. They should make it so you can choose what F2 you want from the set that the pet family has. Then only looks would matter.

Also the designers of the pets can see that the skin that they worked on for a pet that got a "bad" set of skills are actually used. 🙂

• Like 2

So with amount of QoL and other improvements we get for "free" like fixes for old content, new bonus events and gem store items in Wizard's vault, then we should get some new line of skins to Gem store.

I would love to get option to buy skins for necro's pets or engie's turrets. I do not like necro pet design it go well with necro theme, but I would like to get like skeleton or zombie or something like that. Same for engie's turrets looks meh. I don't think that we need completly new skins and we could get something which is already in game like asura turrets or skeleton/zombie mobs. Also it could include ranger pets.

Of course most complex would be to actually add system for skin selection for skills. I know about possible issues with animations, skills and bugs.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I don't think the devs are going to say "no" to suggested features.  They said no mounts  back in the beginning, but then changed their minds later. 

Instead of "no" the devs simply won't reply at all.  Silence could mean "no, never" or it could mean "not yet."  

They never say no, but they never say yes.  Frustrating isn't it?

• Like 3

Playing Mechanist a lot, I've always thought that at the very least the 3 arm types should be colour coded to make it more obvious which is which. 

They already change the arm looks so adding some small colour splashes would be good. Like red for power, blue for support and yellow for condi or whatever.

• Like 5

The full list of class abilities I'd like to see skins for...

Mechs - Let us have an Asura Golem, Steam Golem, Clockwork Knight, etc...
Turrets - I still wish the actual visuals for these were based on your race... but hey we could still get racial themed Turret skins... the default are very Human, and we've seen Asura, Sylvari, & Charr turrets in game... as well as new Jade Tech turrets... and a few others over the years...
Kit Weapons - Seriously... with how much engineers seem to be shoehorned into using these, they need some customization... let us do something to make these feel more in line with our armor or outfit... these old weapon skins are so dated and dull its not even funny... especially the Mortar that we were told was going to get a visual update that NEVER CAME.
Gunsabre - The gunsabre is cool... but it suffers a similar problem as Kit Weapons... bladesworn are expected to spend so much time using the weapon, and they have absolutely zero control over how it looks... you could have an amazing outfit with weapons styled to fit it, and the moment you pull out your gunsabre the whole look is broken because the default apperance clashes and doesn't fit in... 
Gyros - Very minor tiny detail... but it would be nice to have some options still... out of everything on my list though, this is probably lowest priority... and I'd be happy with just getting an option to customize only the function gyro skin since it's the only one you ever really see for any real length of time...
Banners - Why not? I'm sure someone out there would like an Asuran holographic Protester banner skin for their banner skills... what about a Charr warbanner? or maybe even a Spearmarshall's banner? again there are a lot of options that could exist here...

Ranger Pets... I just want to see the F2 skills made selectable across all pets of the same family... make it so that to unlock a new F2 skill option, you have to first unlock the pet skin that it comes with... so people then have to at the very least find 2 pets of the same family if they want a specific F2 skill with a specific skin... I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some gemstore skins added though... but at the very least just turn the existing ones into skins and make the F2 skills selectable across each family and have the tamable pets just unlock the skin and F2 skill for use with your first tame of any given family unlocking that pet type.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 12:22 PM, Dadefyl.1908 said:

Tired of all those identical looking mechs and pets? I think it would be cool if you could craft a skin or maybe just color them to break up the monotony. 🙂

Do anyone know if ANet have talked about this?

Sorry if this has been asked before (feels like it might have)...

Thank you! I have been wondering for the last year when we would get skins for the Mech. People who insist that it won't happen don't seem to consider that we have multiple skins for the Jade Bot, and the Mech wouldn't take much more. Ranger pets would be pretty complicated, by comparison. Even just the ability to customize the size of the Mech so that it isn't 3x the height of my poor Asura would be nice!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bella Rikka.2387 said:

Thank you! I have been wondering for the last year when we would get skins for the Mech. People who insist that it won't happen don't seem to consider that we have multiple skins for the Jade Bot, and the Mech wouldn't take much more. Ranger pets would be pretty complicated, by comparison. Even just the ability to customize the size of the Mech so that it isn't 3x the height of my poor Asura would be nice!

How many skins do we have for turrets, guardian astral weapons, renegade spirits, druid spirits, mesmer clones etc they are the same as the mech.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I don't think the devs are going to say "no" to suggested features.  They said no mounts  back in the beginning, but then changed their minds later. 

Instead of "no" the devs simply won't reply at all.  Silence could mean "no, never" or it could mean "not yet."  

They never say no, but they never say yes.  Frustrating isn't it?

ArenaNet never said that they weren't going to add mounts ever, only that they weren't going to add mounts at launch. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

ArenaNet never said that they weren't going to add mounts ever, only that they weren't going to add mounts at launch. 

Thank you for the correction.  Anet still no longer says no.  The closest we can get is "there are no plans at this time."  Then years pass...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Thank you for the correction.  Anet still no longer says no.  The closest we can get is "there are no plans at this time."  Then years pass...

But we do on occasion also get "yeah, we can do that" or "we're working on this" and then years pass... and it's never done...

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:51 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Only if it has a good return on the investment of time and resources.  Only Anet knows if it's worth it or not.

Actually... no one knows if its worth it or not until it is actually tried... at this exact moment, ANet's speculations on the subject are just as effective as our own. Market predictions are always a guessing game no matter how much preliminary data and trend data you have to support one outcome over the other, until the market is actually tested on a product it can always go either way. Even when the data says "This will never sell" or "This will always sell" there exists the possibility that the exact opposite will happen. Numerous times throughout history, companies have made the mistake of going with "the safe bet" only for it to be a colossal failure and end up costing them more than if they had just taken a chance on "the riskier option". At the end of the day, these decisions are ultimately always a "pick one and hope you made the right choice" thing...