I have too high hopes for Pistol...even knowing I will be disappointed

Arheundel.6451

I am setting myself up for failure, too many expectations I know already won't be fulfilled. Yet, that won't stop me from dreaming about the possible scenario for the upcoming pistol:

• Fast animation, on par with dagger MH....
  • Fluid gameplay opening twitchy experience
  • Hybrid dmg with good coefficients 
  • At least, a single source of defence
  • No less than 900 range, ideally 1200 range

All I want is to get access on ele to something that would allow me to show the middle finger to kiting trolls, The scepter simply doesn't cut it, a good weapon for team fights but not good enough anymore for single fights and that is what I expect Pistol to be, be it projectile or not.

Now the worst that could happen...it's for Pistol to be a PBAoE weapon similar to Bladesworn 🤮. Time will tell but at the very least, whatever we get...I hope it will be:

• 900 range Min
  • Fast animation

At least those 2 x-factors are a must for me, I need a ranged fast duelling weapon on ele..and I hope that Pistol will finally fulfil that dream after 11 years of waiting (for a little while scepter was good in this role, but then...we know the history)

Guys , guys , stop dreaming it's gonna be a melee weapon , mostly like a shotgun , in every other game the "mage" class is melee why should gw 2 be different , ... ok i stop right there i got intoxicated by my own sarcasm...

And it's gonna be op for a week , then nerfed to oblivion , and thats not a sarcasm. Will wait for snowcrow to bench 60k with it with 3 keyboards and a 12 buttons mouse .

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Thanks 6

34 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Pistol Air 4 - Beat the target over the head with the butt of your pistol, stunning it for 2 seconds and accidentally pulling the trigger, knocking yourself back 600 units and getting you stuck in any wall that happens to be there.

That would be a terrible skill to have.  You’d have to be hit on the head with a hammer to use an impractical skill like that.  But what are we talking about here.  Anet would never saddle us with a busted skill like that… and if they did, I’m sure they’d fix it in a day or two.  😉

Ele players spend years begging for longbow or rifle and get a pistol that will just compete with scepter while Mesmer players spend years begging for MH pistol and get a rifle that will most likely compete with GS and staff for 1200 range weapon options. 

Anet is just trolling at this point. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Your hope: fast animations

Anet: wouldn't it be cool if pistol did those big charge up blasts that you have to stand still for 3 seconds to fire one big elemental bullet? lets add at least one of those in each element, players will love it 🙂

And they do the required dmg to be worth it too. 

Except that players who are 24/7 brain Afk complain that they got "one shot". 

So Anet nerfs these skills into oblivion and it will take 2-3 years for reworks to happen. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Pistol Air 4 - Beat the target over the head with the butt of your pistol, stunning it for 2 seconds and accidentally pulling the trigger, knocking yourself back 600 units and getting you stuck in any wall that happens to be there.

Thats literally previous hammer air 4 skill with a funnier and more realistic description , gj !

On 10/5/2023 at 12:40 PM, Helgaley.3619 said:

Ele players spend years begging for longbow or rifle and get a pistol that will just compete with scepter while Mesmer players spend years begging for MH pistol and get a rifle that will most likely compete with GS and staff for 1200 range weapon options. 

Anet is just trolling at this point. 

I honestly wonder if they mixed them up by mistake. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I honestly wonder if they mixed them up by mistake. 

As I understand it, there were originally plans for chronomancer to have rifle before they changed their mind and went with shield instead. So it's possible that they still had ideas from that which they wanted to revisit.

They also seem to have actively avoided giving any profession the ability to dual-wield any weapon they already had access to - don't know if that's an explicit decision or just a coincidence, though.

8 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Hopefully weapon skills won't do any condi damage or heal.

A pure berserker weapon, then?

There would probably at least be a self-heal a la the redesigned Water Trident, though - elementalist seems to be balanced on the assumption that some of their self-healing is coming from weapon skills. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 11:32 AM, solemn.9670 said:

As far as WvW/pvp is concerned they will just nerf it into oblivion when harbinger mains cry that they died one time to it. Doesn't really matter lol

And how many times did you kill it? 500… hm… 500 kills 1 death… yup OP nerf it…

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 5:36 PM, Scar.1793 said:

I hope it'll be viable for condi/hybrid builds, at the very least. Worst scenario is pistol MH is good and as usual Anet nerfs it into oblivion due to some complaints.

That what current scpter already dose.  Now the OLD scpter effect of being an utility weapon is what the ele class is missing for an ranged weapon.

It seems anet is adding in weapons for missing effects of the given class.  Its odd ppl are treating the new weapons as if they are going to be a buff and or power creep to the current weapons.

On 10/12/2023 at 6:32 PM, Jski.6180 said:

That what current scpter already dose.  Now the OLD scpter effect of being an utility weapon is what the ele class is missing for an ranged weapon.

It seems anet is adding in weapons for missing effects of the given class.  Its odd ppl are treating the new weapons as if they are going to be a buff and or power creep to the current weapons.

Are you sure about that ? Because from what I’ve seen it’s exactly what happened ever since they introduced E-specs and new weapons.