Why do so many enemies say that i use cele stats?

Sansar.1302

I only solo roam in WvW ( and have been since year 1 )

Used to play only core ranger but after eod i play untamed 

Why do so many enemies say that i use cele stats when i clearly dont since i have 0 condi dmg ?  ( running mostly zerker with a few pice maurader )

Even platinum invaders insist that i use cele ( and i realy think they should see that i dont )

Edited by Sansar.1302
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

• Sansar.1302 changed the title to Why do so many enemies say that i use cele stats?
1 hour ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Why do so many enemies say that i use cele stats when i clearly dont since i have 0 condi dmg ?  ( running mostly zerker with a few pice maurader )

Even platinum invaders insist that i use cele ( and i realy think they should see that i dont )

I hear you.

lol, I can't say how many times have been whispered over the decade that I used set 'x' or 'y' when I wasn't. Each time site builds are linked it's also usually funny to not see any that are familiar. Players need to use the site builds less and build editors more and understand their builds.

Going to give a shoutout to gw2skills.net and their site for theory crafting. Not that both can't be used together mind you. Take info from one, apply to another, and then adjust how you play, what you have and how that might change things up. Better yet, start from scratch and then apply additional details. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The typical player does zero damage and thus to them almost everything feels too tanky so they'd assume Cele.

Then put in the fact that average player braindead enough to harass you over this is probably at least twice as stupid.

Then realize that at least half of these players are even dumber.

You should compliment them for even being able to formulate a sentence, and then move on.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What Archon said. Most players doesn't actually know/understand why they lose, so they blame what they think is the fault, and atm everyone is blaming Celestial, so they assume it has to be the same. So players that doesn't even know what Celestial really is is basically calling anything they can't beat for celestial user.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 12:19 PM, stormemperor.3745 said:

Bad players love to blame others for no reason.

I 0-100 a lot of reapers, 1v2 , 1v3 sometimes. Reaper is absolute kitten in wvw roam yet people still play it. Free kills.

Yea, reaper roaming alone is free kill, but I have seen those aura/boon share tempest and reaper duo that were almost unkillable and had considerable damage as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Is this some kinda weird flex on not using celestial?

Who cares what the enemy thinks?

Anet refuses to make new content, therefore 36.2% of WvWer content is their enemy's tears and about 50% is making fun of alliances.

May be greater or lower depending on players, and some folks have much of their own tears in the mix.

In general, it is necessary to keep the salty opposition at proper saltine levels for optimal entertainment while not outright deleting the content, and no I am not talking about my forum posting tactics

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Anything less than 99% of this, they should be questioning why they're even playing wvw. 🤔🤭

Well, honestly I wonder why a lot of people play this game lol.  Some people have been walking bags for 10 years yet they still manage to complain like those people that spam out of context videos here  implying they still play the game. I mean obviously play what you find fun but I feel some suffer from gaming addiction.

Also, some of the salt is from teammates, but we shouldn't talk about that part and pvp has us beat anyways there. 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Now relics add to tankiness too so it's hard to tell who is using what anymore

I think my favorite remains back in 2013/2014 of being accused of using Zerk FOTM gear while wearing as much defense as I could due to a terribad satellite internet connection and I had to plan on being hit 4 times before I even knew they were there lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I think my favorite remains back in 2013/2014 of being accused of using Zerk FOTM gear while wearing as much defense as I could due to a terribad satellite internet connection and I had to plan on being hit 4 times before I even knew they were there lol. 

Sorry confused poster. It shows how bad people assume another's player build. Maybe instead they should request an inspect option. And support that request.

• Confused 1

If it is an inexperienced player then it is reasonable to assume since they will not look at their condi bar nor the tick damage. Besides Untamed does inflict alot of conditions from ambushes and unleashed pet skills (also Axe mainhand) and you get a free poison field and finisher for weakness and vulnerability. For tankyness yeah the build's utility skills and elite can give you alot of mitigation but nabs will mistake it for stats only. But yeah ranger is tanky, has sustain and naturally inflicts alot of conditions and idiots will not think to examine their bar and tick damage nor the barrier and damage mitigation effects on the ranger.  hmm yeah you cele bro.  

On 10/14/2023 at 12:41 AM, Sansar.1302 said:

I don't pay much attention to other people's builds.  What does it matter to them what stats you use?

Are they butt-hurt because you beat them?

Let them think what they want. If your build works for you then who cares what they think?

Because they're used to rangers being oneshot wonders (Soulbeasts), and other ranger specs are more bruiser oriented compared to it. You're playing well-rounded build with decent amount of cleanse, damage reduction, stunbreaks and stuff, so they just assume it is celestial.

Ranger was bruiser class for years alongside warrior and engineer until Soulbeast was released and made lowskill cheese mainstream.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 1