Wizard's vault Special tab task after first refresh [Merged]

I quickly searched for some info about Wizard's vault quarterly refresh and I could not find info about Special tab task. It would be good to get some info before that refresh.

1. What will happen with not finished special tab task? Will they be removed and you can not do them anymore?
  2. What will happen with finished and not claimed special tab task? Can we claim them later?
  3. New special tab task linked with festival will stay after festival or no?

I missed few daily chest, did all weekly chests, done almost all Special tab task just missing halloween ones and I have nothing to buy from Wizard's Vault. I am not buying Obsidian shards, luck and so on.

Personally I would prefer to have Special tab "cleaned" with each refresh, because I play game and I will finish them before next refresh. I understand that ppl without much time would like to keep them so they can finish them at their own pace.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Man. I wonder what people have against gold. Always saying its not worth getting it with AA.

Nothing against gold, but it feels not worthy. It cost 30AA for 1 gold so if you take time to get 30AA and compare it with other activities giving you gold, then it is not good. Good point since new players don't know or have limited access to gold.

5 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Also, how would you even do the festival tasks without the festival? 

I just put question about festival task as third since answering first or second can answer third. Festival tasks can be handled in different ways. You could keep them there, but that make little to no sense at all or you could remove and reset them for next time or you could keep progress and hide them. I wold prefer Festival special tab tasks to work same way as Annual achievements.

• Confused 4

I don't think Anet have told us what will happen specifically but I assume it will be exactly the same as the daily and weekly tasks. When the time to complete them runs out they're removed, whether you've completed them or not, and if you have completed them but haven't claimed the reward that's removed as well.

1 minute ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Nothing against gold, but it feels not worthy. It cost 30AA for 1 gold so if you take time to get 30AA and compare it with other activities giving you gold, then it is not good. Good point since new players don't know or have limited access to gold.

I don't know if this is the point you were making but a lot of people recently have been trying to figure out ways to 'save' AA beyond the 1,300 cap (like keeping some tasks finished but unclaimed and hoping the chests will stay) and saying they need to do it because they have nothing to spend it on and more AA than they're allowed to hold onto at once. Or just complaining they have nothing to spend it on.

I agree it's not worth farming WV achievements to get the 30AA gold because there's faster wasys to farm gold, but if you've completed the achievements anyway and can't store the AA or use it for anything else you might as well use it to get gold because at that point it's basically free gold. But for some reason people keep saying they don't want to do that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

There's no reason to assume it works differently. If they weren't removed, there would eventually be hundreds of tasks and no reason to have a cap.

Unclaimed tasks will likely be automatically claimed when it resets. Other tasks (and chests) are automatically claimed, with the exception of the daily login.

Festival tasks will likely remain until it resets. At most they'd hide any tasks that weren't completed.

15 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't think Anet have told us what will happen specifically but I assume it will be exactly the same as the daily and weekly tasks. When the time to complete them runs out they're removed, whether you've completed them or not, and if you have completed them but haven't claimed the reward that's removed as well.

I don't know if this is the point you were making but a lot of people recently have been trying to figure out ways to 'save' AA beyond the 1,300 cap (like keeping some tasks finished but unclaimed and hoping the chests will stay) and saying they need to do it because they have nothing to spend it on and more AA than they're allowed to hold onto at once. Or just complaining they have nothing to spend it on.

I agree it's not worth farming WV achievements to get the 30AA gold because there's faster wasys to farm gold, but if you've completed the achievements anyway and can't store the AA or use it for anything else you might as well use it to get gold because at that point it's basically free gold. But for some reason people keep saying they don't want to do that.

AA is ridiciluously easy to get; some days I can barely log in before I have all (or almost all) dailies done, and weeklies are usually done by tuesday, at least 6 or them. I don't foresee any problems cleaning out the vault after refresh either, so I'l happily buy the gold bags - again, it's not like it's a big effort to get the AA. But for those that don't feel it's worth it, I guess they can happily just ignore the dailies/weeklies/specials and go on with their daily life 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Someone in our guild chat actually wanted to keep unclaimed task so they have extra AA after refresh and that is one reason I created this topic. I think it would be good to get official information about it so you do not see posts in forum after refresh that "I deserve compensation for my unclaimed AA".

Personally I plan to be around 1300 AA before refresh and before we get refresh I will just buy whatever in Wizard's vault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Someone in our guild chat actually wanted to keep unclaimed task so they have extra AA after refresh and that is one reason I created this topic. I think it would be good to get official information about it so you do not see posts in forum after refresh that "I deserve compensation for my unclaimed AA".

Personally I plan to be around 1300 AA before refresh and before we get refresh I will just buy whatever in Wizard's vault.

Seeing how much AA Anet is throwing at us and how much time we have per cycle, I don't see a reason to store AA. You will get everything anyway. Just like you do now. 

All it would do is getting a reward day 1.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

I quickly searched for some info about Wizard's vault quarterly refresh and I could not find info about Special tab task. It would be good to get some info before that refresh.

1. What will happen with not finished special tab task? Will they be removed and you can not do them anymore?
  2. What will happen with finished and not claimed special tab task? Can we claim them later?

I missed few daily chest, did all weekly chests, done almost all Special tab task just missing halloween ones and I have nothing to buy from Wizard's Vault. I am not buying Obsidian shards, luck and so on.

Personally I would prefer to have Special tab "cleaned" with each refresh, because I play game and I will finish them before next refresh. I understand that ppl without much time would like to keep them so they can finish them at their own pace.

Look at how daily and weekly tabs work. The tasks from there get removed and replaced with new ones, with no progression passed to the future tasks, and unclaimed AAs simply lost. While it is certainly possible the Specials tab uses a different system than the one used by two preceding tabs, i find that to be highly unlikely. As such, i'd expect it to work the exact same way.

In short, don't expect to be able to get over the cap limit. Assume that what you won't complete/claim before the reset will be completely lost.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

If it will work how I think it will work (seasonal reset of special tasks once the timer runs out) they should rename special to seasonal so its clearer.

Just spend your AA on gold. Based on this season there is no reason to hoard anything unless you know you will have limited playtime next season.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

When the timer resets, the special tab will most probably also reset. I dont' see the reason for festival special objetives to remain after the festival ends (even moreso when end-of-festival and end-of-specials timers seem to be ending at the same day/patch). If you could carry over the rewards from unclaimed specials into the next "season", it would at least partially -although fairly significantly- defeat the purpose of having AA cap.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1

Like in another recent thread about it: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/139162-wizards-vault-special-tab-task-after-first-refresh/#comment-2014209
When the timer resets, the special tab will most probably also reset. (...) If you could carry over the rewards from unclaimed specials into the next "season", it would at least partially -although fairly significantly- defeat the purpose of having AA cap.

Edited by Sobx.1758

it's most likely they'll work exactly like the Daily and Weekly chests, as soon as the new season starts, they'll be gone.

just claim your outstanding AA, and spend it til you're back to the cap; the whole designed philosophy of the vault is you don't need to be a horder, there is for FOMO, and AA is easy to acquire.

• Like 2

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Wizard's vault Special tab task after first refresh [Merged]

"New seasons bring a new series of special objectives to complete for astral acclaim, which will all carry over. And you can then spend that Astral Acclaim on an updated roster of rewards! "

Is it just me or is this a bit ambiguos how it is written, does it say astral acclaim carry over, or both astral acclaim and old special objectives...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarusto.2941 said:

"New seasons bring a new series of special objectives to complete for astral acclaim, which will all carry over. And you can then spend that Astral Acclaim on an updated roster of rewards! "

Is it just me or is this a bit ambiguos how it is written, does it say astral acclaim carry over, or both astral acclaim and old special objectives...

The sentence says nothing about old special objectives. As such it only says that acclaims will carry over. Don't try to read anything more from it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/20/2023 at 3:29 AM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

you take time to get 30AA and compare it with other activities giving you gold, then it is not good

I have, on many occasions now, completed dailies in one to two minutes. A gold per minute, or even two minutes, from earning AA is competitive, at least, with what can be earned in a minute elsewhere in the game.

• Like 1

Since we never received an official reply and I was curious, I left a special objective completed but unclaimed on purpose (probably I'm not the only one). So for the future generations of players... you lose the astral things, even if you still didn't reach the cap. You're welcome.

• Thanks 1

I feel it very disappointing to see 7 special tasks disappear after the update (all were done, rewards were not taken).

Yes, there was a timer. But this one should only cancel "already done" et "not finished" tasks. I spent time (and money ...) to get these, and all is gone .... If I had known it before (no official communication about that), I woud have spent my AA ...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tenebrius Drakkar.5098 said:

I feel it very disappointing to see 7 special tasks disappear after the update (all were done, rewards were not taken).

Yes, there was a timer. But this one should only cancel "already done" et "not finished" tasks. I spent time (and money ...) to get these, and all is gone .... If I had known it before (no official communication about that), I woud have spent my AA ...

Well what ever gave you that idea that it would work?

Guess now you learned your lesson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tenebrius Drakkar.5098 said:

Why would you expect anything different here? You've tried to game the system and you failed. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well what ever gave you that idea that it would work?

Guess now you learned your lesson

Yep, now I know : stop play that much, there's already plenty of AA all along ^^

55 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why would you expect anything different here? You've tried to game the system and you failed. Oh well.

And you're right. It was a bait I was ready to deal with. I'd rather want to know this kind of information before, instead of "trying in case of ...". Moreover, in the previous system, a daily chest could be taken the day after if an IG connexion had been done the day before ... so, we could take a chest even though it wasn't the right day to grab it, but it was still ready to be taken because we earned it in the first place 😛

Edited by Tenebrius Drakkar.5098