GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

6 hours ago, Hummy.6748 said:

New Item type: Dodge roll animation replacers. Posted in the suggestions as well, but I feel so awkward as I weave between attunements as an elementalist and then have to do an actual gimpy dodge roll where I could be blurring or wisping or even side stepping in a more (censored bad a) way.

I love this idea. 

I'd absolutely love an illusory looking dodge roll for my core Mesmer. I'm not a fan of and I've never been a fan of Mirage, but with Revenant and Thief getting their own dodge rolls, It'd be fantastic.

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937
  • Like 1

Hello!

I picked up the thief, long ago when game was first launched, thinking that one day I'll be able to have him dressed like this:

https://psychopompblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/gw2-thief.jpg

and also like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/d5/Chasing_the_Culprits.jpg

I noticed although that there's nothing similar in game.

The only option for a decent medium armor in-game hood is the Subtle hood from the thief starting lore choice (and honestly,. it's horrible).

It would be super cool to have an outfit in the store like the 2nd image I posted, the bandit one!
Sometimes outfits without skirts and long side dresses can be good, and the game really lacks an assassin style outfit that isn't a ninja or a samurai thingie or whatever..

I'd be interested in the Bizarre Beasts and Curious Creatures Select licenses.

On 12/30/2021 at 9:54 PM, Howluffu.7259 said:

Can we get Hakamas and simple Kimonos as outfits? Now that we going to Cantha it will fit and im kinda hyped with last arc of Bleach been animated and want to cosplay as a Shinigami ingame.

Gotta say I'd love the idea of Hakamas and Kimonos.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheOuroborus.6387 said:

When will the following return to the store?

1. Jora armor

2. Istani Isles mount license

3. Starborn outfit

I will buy these immediately upon availability. It drives me insane that they keep items out of the store for such long periods of time. 

According to https://thatshaman.com/tools/gemstore/ the Istani license will return on May 20th.  The other two items aren't showing up in that list, which goes into June.

• Thanks 1

A miniature top-hat fascinator please!  They are often on hairbands irl because they are far too small to actually stay on a person's head as a real hat would.  The mini hat is usually positioned at a forty-five-degree angle when viewed from the front but placed forward of the ear when viewed from the side.  While I did have the cabalist's armor set in mind when thinking of this fascinator; other style opportunities exist: Asuran leprechauns, Charr strong arms (have the mini hat resting at the base of a horn, but tilted forward, (Oy guv! me an the lads are gonna straighten you right out!) 
So long as the positioning were right, the fascinator wouldn't actually need a hairband and that would make the other cosplays more viable.

• Like 1

This is honestly starting to kitten me off.  When I buy a glider-backpack combo, I generally want to use both, and that means I want them to be colored the same.  It's pretty stupid when your glider-backpack spontaneously changes appearance because you can dye one but not the other.  It's pretty stupid that your backpack can't be made to match your armor.

I've run into this issue on three different glider-backpack sets now:
Citadel Assault Glider/Backpack Combo - The Backpack cannot be dyed

Forged Glider/Backpack Combo - The Backpack cannot be dyed

Dynamics Exosuit Glider/Backpack Combo - the Projector (backpack) cannot be dyed

There is absolutely no text or warning anywhere when purchasing these items in the Gem Store that the backpack cannot be dyed.

Please fix this, or start handing out refunds for these items because you couldn't be bothered to warn anyone about it before purchase.

• Like 2

Returning player from 8 years ago so all of this is basically new to me... If I am mistaken, please feel free to enlighten me...

Why are outfits locked behind months long rotations when you have people willing to throw money at you for the outfits they want? This seems bizarrely backwards compared to how, say, Path Of Exile handles cash shop type cosmetics. In that game, every outfit is always available (save for league specific ones that are eventually made available full time) and it's the discounts on those items that are on rotations.  Why bar players from items completely? Would it not make more sense to have everything available even if it cost the player a premium? Or why isn't there a premium priced item that lets you unlock the item you want in your wardrobe without resorting to Statuette RNG? Something to think about.

Signed,

Old player who just wants the First Follower Desmina outfit and Cute Demon Wings combo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When EoD comes out, can we get a lounge for it?  I was quite disappointed this is the first expansion where one wasn't offered in the pre-sale.  Ideally, there'd be the choice of Luxon and Kurzik, but I'll take anything at all, so long as I can do my crafting and shopping needs in Cantha!

On 1/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, Maklaze.1562 said:

Idk if u would bring this back but i would love to see a return to the vermillion wings as they havent been brought back in a while and still are one of the coolest backpacks  you could see😀

THIS! 

I opened a support ticket essentially asking "Please take my gems and give me Vermillion Wings" and they were like nope go ask on the forums! 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, swagford.1705 said:

Returning player from 8 years ago so all of this is basically new to me... If I am mistaken, please feel free to enlighten me...

Why are outfits locked behind months long rotations when you have people willing to throw money at you for the outfits they want? This seems bizarrely backwards compared to how, say, Path Of Exile handles cash shop type cosmetics. In that game, every outfit is always available (save for league specific ones that are eventually made available full time) and it's the discounts on those items that are on rotations.  Why bar players from items completely? Would it not make more sense to have everything available even if it cost the player a premium? Or why isn't there a premium priced item that lets you unlock the item you want in your wardrobe without resorting to Statuette RNG? Something to think about.

Signed,

Old player who just wants the First Follower Desmina outfit and Cute Demon Wings combo.

Swagford.1705 has a brilliant point here. 

I think the majority of GW2 players are smart enough to spot artificial scarcity and just be annoyed by it, for cosmetics at least. I can understand maybe gating the convenience items a bit as they affect player power (Or rather player investment because of time saves). 

Can we not just have our shinies? I love you shinies ❤️ 

TLDR: Please bring back Vermillion Wings Glider Combo before EOD

TLDR (Cont.): Please also bring back the halo items so I can complete my fabulous sparkle angel before EoD launches! (Now I return to grinding for Sunrise :P)