Please stop giving undiscoverd daily/weekly tasks.

Only.3175

I've recently started playing again and am very far behind on content that I only just purchased a couple weeks ago. So far I've received several tasks for daily/weekly wizard vault that are not yet unlocked for me yet and have been unable to complete the tasks. I'm doing everything in order and taking my time to enjoy the game, but when I get a task to do something in End of Dragons or something later on in the story it becomes frustrating and makes me want to rush to that content.

This game is pretty overwhelming for new and returning players as is with all the stuff to do, and can feel that frustration building up when those tasks come up. So I'm requesting for Arenanet to please stop giving tasks for things that are not doable at the moment.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 11

Since the Wizards Vault was implemented we've established that it gives tasks to each account from expansions they own, and not from what they have actually visited.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say it seems like they can't actually track this kind of information to adjust the Vault accordingly, maybe because story and map completion is character based? I honestly don't know.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say it seems like they can't actually track this kind of information to adjust the Vault accordingly, maybe because story and map completion is character based? I honestly don't know.

I think it's more a case that they didn't think of it, or didn't want to have it work that way.

Even with story completion being character-based, the achievements for completing story steps are account-based. If Arenanet had wanted the Wizard's Toilet to work that way, they could very well have made it track those achievements.

• Like 5
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, FalanuLachance.4576 said:

Yes, and this is not okay, because it is no rocket-science to implement this.

I'm no game developer, so I really don't have the authority to say it's not rocket science. It seems simple enough from my perspective as well though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Only.3175 said:

I've recently started playing again and am very far behind on content that I only just purchased a couple weeks ago. So far I've received several tasks for daily/weekly wizard vault that are not yet unlocked for me yet and have been unable to complete the tasks. I'm doing everything in order and taking my time to enjoy the game, but when I get a task to do something in End of Dragons or something later on in the story it becomes frustrating and makes me want to rush to that content.

This game is pretty overwhelming for new and returning players as is with all the stuff to do, and can feel that frustration building up when those tasks come up. So I'm requesting for Arenanet to please stop giving tasks for things that are not doable at the moment.

The system doesn't give any tasks that you can't somehow complete. If you're complaining that WV doesn't take into account which word of which chapter you're on then it's not a valid reason. Just because you don't want to complete the activity/quest doesn't mean you can't.

Is one of your characters able to complete the daily/weekly task? - Yes

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

It's almost certainly more complex than rocket science. Have you seen how many YouTube videos there are on building a rocket from scratch? I've yet to find one on coding a large scale MMORPG.

Those videos are an equivalent of guides showing how you can "build" a very small, text-based MUD using stock code. And there are guides for that. Now, if you were to point me to a video explaining how to build a working space shuttle from scratch...

Still, coding is definitely not a rocket science. Knowing how to code a MMORPG will not help you to build a rocket. Just like a rocket science is not going to help you build a MMORPG.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

For example, this is the second day in a row I've gotten a task to do something in End of Dragons in Cantha, but I'm still doing Living World Season 3 and haven't started anything in End of Dragons yet, as I'm doing the zones in order.

"Loot the Chest of Vasburg Riches in Vasburg Armory Minidungeon."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Only.3175 said:

For example, this is the second day in a row I've gotten a task to do something in End of Dragons in Cantha, but I'm still doing Living World Season 3 and haven't started anything in End of Dragons yet, as I'm doing the zones in order.

"Loot the Chest of Vasburg Riches in Vasburg Armory Minidungeon."

To play devil's advocate, you can skip that one. There is usually an expansion specific one you can ignore. I do think they should have added one more option, but in this case, the problem solves itself. 

Rift + breakbar + combo is all that is required once logged in

The old dailies had a smililar issue. So it's not a wizard vault exlusive problem

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Only.3175 said:

So I'm requesting for Arenanet to please stop giving tasks for things that are not doable at the moment.

That would be too easily prone to abuse. Start a new character, open only Queensdale, or any racial starter area, get all 5 dailies in one spot?  Not that 1 gold a day would be game breaking... but I think they set up the daily system to encourage more exploring, and populate dead areas - like activities. 😎

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

That would be too easily prone to abuse. Start a new character, open only Queensdale, or any racial starter area, get all 5 dailies in one spot?  Not that 1 gold a day would be game breaking... but I think they set up the daily system to encourage more exploring, and populate dead areas - like activities. 😎

Interesting point.  It really would be.  

Sorry OP, I know it peeves many people who want to play in order (I did as well, and I agree).  Fortunately you should have enough dailies to be able to avoid those for now and still get it done.  

• Like 2

My proposal was:

21 hours ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

That would be too easily prone to abuse. Start a new character, open only Queensdal

It clearly should not be by map-entered, but I don't see an exploit in changing the system from expansion owned (current) to expansion started i.e. mastery system of the expansion unlocked.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:Rift + breakbar + combo is all that is required once logged in

Rift + breakbar + combo is all that is required once logged in

Ironically, this daily is bugged, making all rifts on non-SotO maps not count for completion, redoubling the issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Ironically, this daily is bugged, making all rifts on non-SotO maps not count for completion, redoubling the issue.

Tangled depths works, but yeah it is otherwise another in a long line of increasing bugs (my fav being waypointing changing my build template…)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Yeah noticed that too, I went to Sparkfly Fen and tried 3 times, 1 T1 and 2 T3 but no luck, I just went to Skywatch Archipelago and then it counted. I think we've had that happen once before. 

• Confused 1

Corporations are only nice for two reasons:

If being nice will persuade you to give them your money.

If being nice will motivate you to give them money faster.

Remember: corporations aren't people. Don't expect a corporation to act like a person. Don't treat corporations as if they were people.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

So, it would basically be like the old system, quick and easy. "Encourage exploration" is such a beautiful term for "forcing me to break immersion" if I want to participate, or have the rewards.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

The story is not really worth playing anyway, so I would suggest to rush through the """"""content"""""" or do it asynchronously.

It's the maps and features that are the highlights of each expansion to me, so I think it's better to just unlock all maps before you try to 100% content released 9 years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

MMO's are constantly evolving and adding new content. It's the nature of the type of game. If someone decides to leave the game for whatever reason and then comes back years later, then yes, they will have quite a backlog of content to work through. ANet is making this game for the people who actively play the game, not the ones who left and might come back years later.

Not wanting to go to maps you haven't been to because you haven't progressed the story that far yet is a self-imposed limitation. It's a personal choice. But every choice has consequences, which in this case means you can't do all dailies. Or you skip ahead so you can enter those maps and do dailies there, risking spoilers. ANet shouldn't cater to people with self-imposed limitations. These consequences are on the player themselves, not ANet.

4 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

The story is not really worth playing anyway, so I would suggest to rush through the """"""content"""""" or do it asynchronously.

It's the maps and features that are the highlights of each expansion to me, so I think it's better to just unlock all maps before you try to 100% content released 9 years ago.

What is worth playing and what not is not for you to decide. Some people like the story (or parts of it) and want to follow it chronologically. It's fine that you don'tcare about story, but don't presume to be the arbiter for others, because you're not. Apparently following the story chronologically is important to OP. So your 2 cents about story not being worth it is completely beside the point.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Tangled depths works, but yeah it is otherwise another in a long line of increasing bugs (my fav being waypointing changing my build template…)

The build change, or sometimes complete wipe, happens on my Rev...is yours a Rev too, or does it happen on any class?

This has always been complained about, and it has definitely cost them sales. If ArenaNet had any intention of changing this, they would have done so for the vault, instead of making it worse. Anywhere else, owning the expansions would only be a plus, giving you extra objectives, not replace them. They could have gone with earning x astral instead of x objectives for completion, then offered varying amounts of astral based on what the objective was (ie 5 astral for dodging, 20 for the mini dungeon), and bonuses could be offered to random or lesser completed objectives.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2