Krytan Rogue Chestpiece

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You completely missed the point of the linked timestamp, which you would likely have gotten right away had you taken the time to watch the first few seconds.

Yep, not watching videos about games I dont like will tend to mean missing the point (if any) of those videos.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

It feels like making waist thicker and tummy stuffed which is weird. I don’t like how it’s changing the overall shape of torso on f human. The only thing I like about it is being sleeveless. 
Guess, Chelsea created it so I do hope she makes further adjustments to it. 

Edited by fatihso.7258
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/31/2023 at 5:12 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

oh, I see... Oh welp. Anyhow, hey ArenaNet, think you could sell a simple pair of dyeable underwear with no loincloth? Sell it for 3k gems if you must.

I dunno, probably needs garters. But give it time, I'm sure the dream of cosplaying Frank N. Furter in-game will become a reality some day.

They'll have to do something about a shoulderpiece for the pearls, too.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I dunno, probably needs garters. But give it time, I'm sure the dream of cosplaying Frank N. Furter in-game will become a reality some day.

They'll have to do something about a shoulderpiece for the pearls, too.

What'd ya know the maid outfit is in there as well. Black lion...more like Hot Topic.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Looking at the male version, and in the light of other more recent Gem Store skins, whoever designed those must have a certain fetish. :classic_huh:

It's US who has the fetish. 

Anet has a fetish for money and ooohhh boy, this stuff sells. 💰💰💰

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm curious; given players have routinely asked for armour and outfits that looks the same on both male and female characters (except necessary changes, like covering the breasts on female humans, norn and sylvari) how do you (open question, not aimed at one person) think this top should look on male characters? Or should this one be an exception?

I agree it looks odd on male characters (but I actually think it looks ok on asura), but I can't see how it could be any different while meeting the demand that armour looks the same on all characters instead of having completely different designs based on sex.

I think the one thing it has going for it is that for most characters there's nothing else like it. As the name implies it's virtually identical to the Krytan armour, but only on female characters. For anyone except female medium armoured characters I think you'd have a hard time finding an alternative. It's not something I want to use but I like that they've managed to come up with another option. Most gem store armour I think isn't worth getting because I can find something in-game which would serve the same purpose.

Also as one of the people who kept on asking for more sleeveless and/or generally revealing armour for male characters I like that we've got another option. I think the Savage Scale, Leather Straps and tattoo armour has my guys (un)covered for now, but it's something the game was missing for a very long time (except, oddly enough, heavy armour which always had very minimal options) so I like that there's a few choices now, even if it is mostly in the gem store.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

As far as the bust goes, it doesn't have the pushup effect that many tops have. A corset that doesn't pushup seems strange to me.

I am so used to clothes in this game propping up the female bust.  I can't tell if this chestpiece is using the petite body option or if the size is correct but simply not defying gravity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

As far as the bust goes, it doesn't have the pushup effect that many tops have. A corset that doesn't pushup seems strange to me.

I am so used to clothes in this game propping up the female bust.  I can't tell if this chestpiece is using the petite body option or if the size is correct but simply not defying gravity.

I noticed that too, which I also find rather odd, since it is after all a corset but no pushup effect.

i don't understand all the negative feedback. i get that it looks a bit weird on humans, but armors that look nice on charr (both genders) and norn (male) without covering everything up have been highly requested for a long time now, because they get hit bad with the "showing anything off is wrong" mentality.

i don't think this was intentional, but just a biproduct of them having body features to show while asura, humans and sylvari (mostly) don't.

once i saw this on charr female and noticed it used the male version (as they were designed at game launch), and didn't have some weird bra attached to a race that doesn't even have visible breasts, i immediately knew i had to get it along with the leather chestpiece from previous sales.

it looks good on asura females too despite them having no fur patterns or tattoos to show off, simply because they tend to look like the most overdressed race no matter what armor they equip, so something a bit more functional is nice for a change.

i know the player base is like 95% human but please allow other races to get some love sometimes without freaking out.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i don't understand all the negative feedback. i get that it looks a bit weird on humans, but armors that look nice on charr (both genders) and norn (male) without covering everything up have been highly requested for a long time now, because they get hit bad with the "showing anything off is wrong" mentality.

i don't think this was intentional, but just a biproduct of them having body features to show while asura, humans and sylvari (mostly) don't.

Agreed. If I didn't already have the leather straps set I'd get this for my male norn because it shows most of his tattoo. He's a necromancer and most male light armour entirely covers their chest, shoulders and back. I think it looks good on my female norn too, but she normally wears the GW1 inspired Krytan armour, and I don't think it's worth paying for a slight variation on what she's already got.

Personally I'd include sylvari in the list of characters I want to be able to show some skin (bark?) as well because I like the bioluminescence patterns they have.

I know it doesn't suit every character (I swear some of mine are glaring at me if I even preview it on them) but that's why I think Anet aiming for a wide variety is good. You'll never get everyone to agree on what 'good' looks like so the best they can do is offer lots of choices and let us decide for ourselves.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Yes, that's what happens when something from GW1 gets put into GW2: higher graphical detail.

But the Krytan armour already exists in GW2 and has done for years: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Krytan_armor

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread already. Aside from a few differences in the design the main difference with this new one is that it can be worn by any character, whereas the original is medium armour only and looks entirely different on male characters.

• Like 1