Anet: Please give us Focus along with Scepter

Lonewolf Kai.3682

1 hour ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Title.  It only makes sense to give us Focus with Scepter.

"Make it so."  

Just a guess, but it is for revevant upcoming soon???

Since you didn't wrote what class

I thought I clicked pvp section 😂. But yes would be nice

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Confused 3

• Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
  • Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff
  • Engineer: Short bow
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)

thief and elem are like us

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

I wasn't really following, but kitten...only main hand? Why the kitten are we getting the short end of the stick again?

Another t-rex reach weapon 😄 being hammer the long range weapon

Now what kind of skills will the specter be?  condi spam and support based?

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Indeed hybrid since one weapon cant be pure condi xD but i am expecting very low damage coefficients and high condi apliance.

Imagine it splits in 5 skills, it becomes a 2 hand scepter. Enchanced in size by the mists 😅

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Haha 2

On 11/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, Angesombre.4630 said:
  • Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
  • Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
  • Warrior: Staff
  • Engineer: Short bow
  • Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Thief: Axe (main hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
  • Mesmer: Rifle
  • Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)

thief and elem are like us

Technically speaking, thief is getting 6 skills (the three normal skills, an ambush skill, and dual skills with dagger and pistol), while elementalist is getting eighteen (twelve regular skills and six weaver dual skills). OTOH, it's possible that sceptre might have some 'varied depending on which legend you're in' effects.

Mind you, to more directly respond to the OP, I have a sneaking suspicion that sceptre might be intended to complete Glint's set of weapon skills - she's currently the only legend that doesn't have a full set of associated weapon skills. If so, there isn't a need to pair sceptre with focus because in revenant's case, shield is the equivalent of a focus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Technically speaking, thief is getting 6 skills (the three normal skills, an ambush skill, and dual skills with dagger and pistol), while elementalist is getting eighteen (twelve regular skills and six weaver dual skills). OTOH, it's possible that sceptre might have some 'varied depending on which legend you're in' effects.

Mind you, to more directly respond to the OP, I have a sneaking suspicion that sceptre might be intended to complete Glint's set of weapon skills - she's currently the only legend that doesn't have a full set of associated weapon skills. If so, there isn't a need to pair sceptre with focus because in revenant's case, shield is the equivalent of a focus.

Oh yes plz , make it a support weapon so we can go scepter/shield and staff , will make the herald really complete.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

What I meant is a one-handed weapon not in terms of skill. Unless he does something completely unexpected to us we will obviously have less competence.

• Confused 2

I’m actually quite hype for scepter. My guesses are it either completes support/heal builds by being the main-hand to shield (sounds spicy with the shield changes, finally get rid of staff for healing I hope. Maybe some allied targeting?) or (hopium), we get specific skills based on Legend. Hear me out:

Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)

- gets 5 weapon skills

Warrior: Staff

- gets 5 weapon skills

Engineer: Short bow

- gets 5 weapon skills

Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)

- gets 5 weapon skills

Thief: Axe (main hand)

- gets 5 weapon skills (1, 2, 3 solo, 3 + dagger, 3 + pistol)

Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)

- gets tons cuz weaver and attunements

Mesmer: Rifle

- gets 5 weapon skills

Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)

- gets 5 weapon skills

Revenant (if we get skill 1 dependent on legend):

- gets 9 weapons skills (if EVERY legend incl. Elites gets a unique skill 1. Otherwise “only” 6)

sounds pretty good to me

A common discussion point prior to the weaponmaster training announcement was for scepter to be similar to trident - one set of skills, but the skills gain additional effects based on your legend. Which would be a relatively low-effort way of making it almost feel like 21 skills (more precisely, 7 variants of 3).

There's a part of me that's more eager to see scepter simply being a Glint weapon - she deserves a full set - but there is a mechanism by which scepter could end up introducing a lot more than it seems.

23 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

A common discussion point prior to the weaponmaster training announcement was for scepter to be similar to trident - one set of skills, but the skills gain additional effects based on your legend. Which would be a relatively low-effort way of making it almost feel like 21 skills (more precisely, 7 variants of 3).

There's a part of me that's more eager to see scepter simply being a Glint weapon - she deserves a full set - but there is a mechanism by which scepter could end up introducing a lot more than it seems.

Unless each scepter skills depending on stance changing has its own uniqueness. What I mean with that, not trident applying different condis upon different stance. But different abilties entirely depending on stance, like ele has.

Ele also has 1 weapon and it changes on element. I don't want to be contradicting/hypocrite on earlier posts "If I want rev to be like ele, I would play ele".  So that's why give each skill of scepter, revenant flavour depending on stance to disassociate from ele obv. 

Trident gave the nice idea changing on stance, but only applying different effects and same skill besides that, is kinda bland. So "IF" this has been done, I hope it's like that for variation depending on stance.

Eitherway what outcome scepter has become, I am curious ^^

• Confused 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:35 PM, Le Bram.4291 said:

Revenant (if we get skill 1 dependent on legend):

- gets 9 weapons skills (if EVERY legend incl. Elites gets a unique skill 1. Otherwise “only” 6)

sounds pretty good to me

I am sorry but... what? I know you are hoping here but they've never had a weapon change based on the legend (other than trident and it just effected the condi effect) and I doubt they are going to start now. The best I am hoping for is the scepter, like the thief variant, is a duo nature weapon has healing and offensive. Having an alternative support weapon would be nice.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

Man i we get focus i start right now with The binding of Ippos. Its very unlikelly that they will be releasing more weapons than the ones anounced and people maining the professions would be very mad at that.

About scepter, i was thinking about a skill that is not very much known, which is Essence Sap (Downed skill 1), it would be interesting to see an enhanced version of this in scepter.

• Confused 1

After seeing the preview for Ranger and Thief I'm convinced Rev's Scepter will change based on the current channeled legend. It'd be cool if it also changed the color of the skills, but we'll see whether it's a more fleshed-out trident situation or just as plain as that one was. I could see them having a projectile aa, a channeled 2 skill and an AoE 3 skill with different effects:

• Assassin: Vuln and extra damage
  • Demon: Torment, Poison and Confusion
  • Dwarf: Barrier and Weakness
  • Centaur: Healing and cleansing
  • Dragon: Regen and other boons
  • Kalla: Bleed and Burn
  • Alliance: Damage and Healing

This might be too much hopium, but I'm high on it right now xD

Edited by Uete.3805
spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Uete.3805 said:

After seeing the preview for Ranger and Thief I'm convinced Rev's Scepter will change based on the current channeled legend. It'd be cool if it also changed the color of the skills, but we'll see whether it's a more fleshed-out trident situation or just as plain as that one was. I could see them having a projectile aa, a channeled 2 skill and an AoE 3 skill with different effects:

• Assassin: Vuln and extra damage
  • Demon: Torment, Poison and Confusion
  • Dwarf: Barrier and Weakness
  • Centaur: Healing and cleansing
  • Dragon: Regen and other boons
  • Kalla: Bleed and Burn
  • Alliance: Damage and Healing

This might be too much hopium, but I'm high on it right now xD

Glint more likely to be Burn and Boons (or chill) with Kalla more likely to be Bleed Resolution, but that’s just based on Trident and Song of the Mists 

• Like 1