Remove or fix the sanctum JPs in the WvW Weekly Wizards Vault

Yogurt Goblin.5934

Please either remove these objectives from the WvW Weekly Wizards Vault or fix them by making the JPs non-combat zones.

I'm tired of people just staying near the end of the JP and essentially stopping people from doing their weekly. I've ran into this a few times where 1 or 2 people are just farming people trying to get the weekly done, and because of how the JP is set up, once they get ahead of you, there is nothing you can do to stop them, they can just keep trolling people.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

It's not WvW without some combat.  Players get farmed in other WvW maps with weeklies too.  It's not a WvW weekly otherwise.  What I'm saying is if that JP should be made non-combat just so you have an easier time getting a WvW weekly, then remove it as a WvW weekly entirely.  No WvW reward without the risk.  Now go grind 10 defense events.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

Did you try to use the mystic fountains, there are three along the way and give you 5 mins of stealth each.  I usually use just the last one .It is close to the end of the jp(after the arena room) so 5 mins of stealth is more than enough even if you are slow on jp and it is very close to the main route.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Elia.7193 said:

Did you try to use the mystic fountains, there are three along the way and give you 5 mins of stealth each.  I usually use just the last one .It is close to the end of the jp(after the arena room) so 5 mins of stealth is more than enough even if you are slow on jp and it is very close to the main route.

Pretty sure thats why the fountains exist. I havent had issues myself with ppl killing me in JPs and if I did, i could get help dispatching them

Edit: Also for OS jp the chect hit box to complete the mission is in the room below the chest...with the 2/3 stone heads that dont fire the knockbacks 

Edited by Bigpapasmurf.5623

I agree with OP: it's totally unacceptable that people try to kill you in an Open World PvP setting!
In fact, all dailies and weeklies takes way too much time to do so Anet should implement a feature where you tick a box called "I intend to do them at some points in the future" to immediately get the reward.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

I agree with OP: it's totally unacceptable that people try to kill you in an Open World PvP setting!
In fact, all dailies and weeklies takes way too much time to do so Anet should implement a feature where you tick a box called "I intend to do them at some points in the future" to immediately get the reward.

I think your nose just crit me for 5K. My lawyer will be contacting yours for reparations. Expecting payment next week else interest will be applied. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Good one!

But really, I'm finding that these mechanics tend to be the point where I lose interest in games. Random small tasks for good rewards daily, plus anther reward just for logging on daily. They tend to annoy me in every game I've ever played that has them, and actively makes me want to stop engaging with said games. (Every single MMO I've played/tried, Genshin Impact, Anthem, etc. I think the only game I can remember where it didn't annoy me was MHW just because it really didn't matter, it was just random trash anyways.)

So in all honesty, I find your humours suggestion to be very valid! Also tack on an option to "Yeah, give me the daily rewards even if I can't log in today, I'm going to tomorrow I promise!" and I'd be happy!

• Confused 1

Hmm, at least you make it for enough in the JP to get killed, I usually just fall and die within 20s because gravity and me don't get along. I'm definitely like bottom tier JP doer' I don't even think I've succeeded a JP outside core Tyria.

Note that I wouldn't want like a 9th or 10th option in wvw though it usually is pretty easy to get 6.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

11 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm, at least you make it for enough in the JP to get killed, I usually just fall and die within 20s because gravity and me don't get along. I'm definitely like bottom tier JP doer' I don't even think I've succeeded a JP outside core Tyria.

Note that I wouldn't want like a 9th or 10th option in wvw though it usually is pretty easy to get 6.

Ha! Don't worry if we ever do JPs here I promise to make you look like a rockstar! Now Destiny 2, I admit light as a feather on the wind. Here, I am amazing as a brick on the wind. WEEEEEeeee! splat. Mind you no offense to Splat themselves, I just hope not to splatter on their shoes if a situation occurs.

• Confused 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:21 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

It's not WvW without some combat.  Players get farmed in other WvW maps with weeklies too.  It's not a WvW weekly otherwise.  What I'm saying is if that JP should be made non-combat just so you have an easier time getting a WvW weekly, then remove it as a WvW weekly entirely.  No WvW reward without the risk.  Now go grind 10 defense events.

This is like super kool-aid delusional, ngl.

'Other' weekly WvW involves low risk behavior like camp capturing, sentry points, literal EoM, maybe a few player kills.  Not 15-20 minute JP only to be griefed at the end.

The 'no WvW reward without the risk (bro)' makes it seem like you're a competent roamer that routinely does outnumbered fights--because that's the only actual risk in WvW...mind showing us your vids? 🙃

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This is like super kool-aid delusional, ngl.

'Other' weekly WvW involves low risk behavior like camp capturing, sentry points, literal EoM, maybe a few player kills.  Not 15-20 minute JP only to be griefed at the end.

The 'no WvW reward without the risk (bro)' makes it seem like you're a competent roamer that routinely does outnumbered fights--because that's the only actual risk in WvW...mind showing us your vids? 🙃

NGL huh?  Then be honest that all other WvW weeklies are ALSO on PvP maps - there is no "non combat" WvW weekly.  Doesn't matter what the risk level is, the risk is PvP on a PvP map.  The only delusion occurring is not recognizing that a WvW weekly means you are doing some activity on a PvP map.  And comparing the five camp capture weekly to a single 15-20 min JP?  Please don't be disingenuous either.  You know it takes roughly that long or longer for five camps.

Here's the full list of WvW Wizard's Vault weeklies:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault/List_of_objectives#Weekly

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 4

On 11/7/2023 at 12:36 PM, Elia.7193 said:

Casual or New people:) Want to do all fast and ofc... Not was in OS, when that also was a bloody hell map. So they ofc dont know about stealth trick

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

NGL huh?  Then be honest that all other WvW weeklies are ALSO on PvP maps - there is no "non combat" WvW weekly.  Doesn't matter what the risk level is, the risk is PvP on a PvP map.  The only delusion occurring is not recognizing that a WvW weekly means you are doing some activity on a PvP map.  And comparing the five camp capture weekly to a single 15-20 min JP?  Please don't be disingenuous either.  You know it takes roughly that long or longer for five camps.

Here's the full list of WvW Wizard's Vault weeklies:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault/List_of_objectives#Weekly

I think you may have missed my point...

Take the 5 camps, you go from spawn to home, cap, go back to spawn, wait.  Almost 90% of the time there will be from 5-10 other people waiting at that same camp, so chances of dying are low--even if you DO die, it's a 30 second walk back.  You may not even have to walk back if you killed a guard, you get credit!

The JP? 15-20 minutes if you are a good jumper, on a map with a pitch black section and several other tricky jumps (spiral staircase is just annoying IMO), only to die at the end.

No chance these are equal.

Let's go step further into ACTUAL sPVP--capture a node, kill a few people, rank up (lol), etc.  All in the course of a match you have to finish to get credit, so no time loss.  

These JPs are the ONLY competitive tasks that you can legit lose time on, and that shouldn't be a thing.  

That's the point.  The rest of my post was just a response to what I perceived as elitist 'it's competitive bro, you're gonna die, and if you don't like it go back to your baby open world PvE!' attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I think you may have missed my point...

Take the 5 camps, you go from spawn to home, cap, go back to spawn, wait.  Almost 90% of the time there will be from 5-10 other people waiting at that same camp, so chances of dying are low--even if you DO die, it's a 30 second walk back.  You may not even have to walk back if you killed a guard, you get credit!

The JP? 15-20 minutes if you are a good jumper, on a map with a pitch black section and several other tricky jumps (spiral staircase is just annoying IMO), only to die at the end.

No chance these are equal.

Let's go step further into ACTUAL sPVP--capture a node, kill a few people, rank up (lol), etc.  All in the course of a match you have to finish to get credit, so no time loss.  

These JPs are the ONLY competitive tasks that you can legit lose time on, and that shouldn't be a thing.  

That's the point.  The rest of my post was just a response to what I perceived as elitist 'it's competitive bro, you're gonna die, and if you don't like it go back to your baby open world PvE!' attitude. 

Since I didn't say anything about risk levels, you brought that up, you missed MY point and then called me delusional.  Ridiculous.

• Confused 2

On 11/6/2023 at 11:21 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

No WvW reward without the risk.  Now go grind 10 defense events.

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Since I didn't say anything about risk levels, you brought that up, you missed MY point and then called me delusional.  Ridiculous.

lolwat

Swear with this amount of spin I'm in the PvP forum right now and not WvW haha

EDIT: To be clear, to me the above implies you need to take risks to get WvW rewards (i.e. high risk ones like JPs).

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1