Daily/lengedary mats are a bad decision

42 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

and if i wear the gen1 legendary whats the point of it now, since its a cheap item that everyone has the prestige uniqueness/exclusivity has been undercut/destroyed.

I think you are vastly overestimating how many players have even one gen 1 legendary weapon. Yes, lots of players have them now. Yes, the new boxes have definitely made it easier for more to be made. But you're making it sound like the majority of the player population has one, and that's just untrue. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I just dont like that they're handing bis gear for dailies as a participation reward. 

I dont know, it just goes against principles of what a game is. Kill the toughest boss, get the best gear. Might aswell completely remove gear as it is, use spvp like amulets for stats and just keep skins as rewards.

Would make more sense than getting acended for daily while strike boss drops 2 rares.

This legit reads like something would say in 2014.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Is Anet really handing out Legendaries? IF you were complaining about the Ascended boxes, then maybe. But the legendary still has to be finished, ie, GoB and GoE obtained.

Plus, can I see a show of hands for those who think obtaining gen1 legendary weapons is prestigious?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Sounds like OP is mad that they did it the old way and now G1 legendries are easier to get but everyone else doesn't care. Reminds me of people in other games when some old mount they farmed non stop to get winds up as a reward on a twitch stream a decade later. At the end of the day it's all virtual pixels and doesn't matter so long as you got some entertainment out of it. I don't see how the G1 kits are any different than the ascendant gear boxes. I mean I guess I could be mad because I had to grind mats to craft mine and OMG now they're just giving it away for logging in and mining coppers and stuff. But I really don't care and it makes it easier to get more goodies myself. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Qys.5937 said:

Sounds like OP is mad that they did it the old way and now G1 legendries are easier to get but everyone else doesn't care. Reminds me of people in other games when some old mount they farmed non stop to get winds up as a reward on a twitch stream a decade later. At the end of the day it's all virtual pixels and doesn't matter so long as you got some entertainment out of it. I don't see how the G1 kits are any different than the ascendant gear boxes. I mean I guess I could be mad because I had to grind mats to craft mine and OMG now they're just giving it away for logging in and mining coppers and stuff. But I really don't care and it makes it easier to get more goodies myself. 

Never gonna understand old school mentality of "I suffered for it therefore you should too", especially since in this regard if they already have the Legendary, they can get another one and profit even better than those who never got it to begin with. 

If anything it adds more value to them because it puts gold in their account if they don't really need it lel

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Been playing since release and I've bought both starter kits and don't feel it devalues the 5 legs I've made so far.

I already had 3 of the legs in the first kit and Hope instead of Quip so don't need a leg pistol but I will pick Quip anyway for the skins but mainly for the gifts which will save me gold for the legs I'm currently making.

From kit 2 I would pick either Moot or Predator as I don't currently have legs of either weapon type. Probably Predator as REALLY don't like the Moot.

If anything, as a veteran I feel this more as a convenience so I can spend more time actually playing for fun rather than grinding for mats or gold.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

We already have that in gen3's. 

A Kryptis legendary set wouldnt be the worst thing, but since this expansion has armor, I assume we wont see a gen4 weapon set for a year or two. 

Gen 3's aren't "cheaper," they just require a different method to go through than Gen 1 that a chunk of the community consider less tedious. If Gen 3 was flat out cheaper to make than Gen 1, they wouldn't still be significantly more expensive than them on the TP.

• Like 1

Uh..huh...If you were like me, trying to fill every slot with legendaries for that QoL, you'll be singing praises to high heaven about the Starter Kit. It would take me 2 months to have enough motivation to work for the next one without the Kit.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, fatihso.7258 said:

Eli5: I had it hard so everyone should suffer, too. Oh and they also don’t want everyone to have legendaries bcs that ruins the uniqueness they have. 

You want the unique skins you should have to work for it like I did, instead of getting a bunch of free stuff.  Also making my looks less unique, also undercutting the market on these items. so yah its gross to longtime veteran players.  A new set of items would have made the entire issue moot and nobody would be complaining about this right now.

The skins are optional, and to use everyones argument in here against them, they're right, you dont need legendaries, so then dont give any of them out for free, since thats not needed.

and yah you can buy them with a credit card, so do that, make anet happy and stop giving out stuff for free that vet players have at veteran players expense.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

and yah you can buy them with a credit card, so do that, make anet happy and stop giving out stuff for free that vet players have at veteran players expense.

Not only it's not "at veteran players expense" (someone else getting a legendary i've already obtained long ago does not cost me anything at all, and i don't really care if they get it cheaper - they were alrady getting it cheaper for years anyway), but it's not even at your, personal expense. You are simply not willing to put minimal effort into adjusting your business strategy to new times, and dislike that you might be earning a bit less from now on if you don't adjust.

That's not even a MMORPG equivalent of "first world problem". It's a case of a multimillionaire complaining about prices decreasing in shops because it would mean his shops would have to sell cheaper, and it will take longer for him to buy that new Rolls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not only it's not "at veteran players expense" (someone else getting a legendary i've already obtained long ago does not cost me anything at all, and i don't really care if they get it cheaper - they were alrady getting it cheaper for years anyway), but it's not even at your, personal expense. You are simply not willing to put minimal effort into adjusting your business strategy to new times, and dislike that you might be earning a bit less from now on if you don't adjust.

That's not even a MMORPG equivalent of "first world problem". It's a case of a multimillionaire complaining about prices decreasing in shops because it would mean his shops would have to sell cheaper, and it will take longer for him to buy that new Rolls.

ur focusing on one aspect of my entire point, it gets old.

The entire game is driven around coeveting items, whether they be cosmetic or an increase to stats.  Thats the basis that drives most people to do 99% of the content in this game.  So if someone makes money off of it, or enjoys wearing it to make a unique look, or just enjoys getting achivements and the prestige that entails with acquiring items, it all diminimizes those endevours.;

but yah keep focusing on ( i make money on it) so how horrible that must be.  I make money on the game from a ton of sources, not just legendaries or gen 1 legendaries, so you can stop focusing on it now like you have some sort of point or made some grand discovery.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

I didn't make a legendary weapon until maybe seven years into the game's lifetime. I made Bifrost because I wanted to. Someone else having it doesn't devalue my achievement.

You've always had the option to buy the Gen 1 legendaries from Day One, anyways.

I don't care how anyone acquires their legendary items - It's all worthless pixels in the end.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

You want the unique skins you should have to work for it like I did, instead of getting a bunch of free stuff.  Also making my looks less unique, also undercutting the market on these items. so yah its gross to longtime veteran players.  A new set of items would have made the entire issue moot and nobody would be complaining about this right now.

The skins are optional, and to use everyones argument in here against them, they're right, you dont need legendaries, so then dont give any of them out for free, since thats not needed.

You're acting like a Legendary starter kit is straight up giving them the Legendary itself. I've made all of my Legendaries before the kit was introduced, by ""working for it"" and I'm not throwing a tantrum that people who own the expansion can spend almost a week's AA on getting probably the easiest things for a Legendary valued at like 350 gold.

It's not free if you have to own an expansion to buy it and spend 1000AA on it and don't go on about how it's "unfair to veterna players". Speak for yourself, not others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You're acting like a Legendary starter kit is straight up giving them the Legendary itself. I've made all of my Legendaries before the kit was introduced, by ""working for it"" and I'm not throwing a tantrum that people who own the expansion can spend almost a week's AA on getting probably the easiest things for a Legendary valued at like 350 gold.

It's not free if you have to own an expansion to buy it and spend 1000AA on it and don't go on about how it's "unfair to veterna players". Speak for yourself, not others.

If you dont agree you dont need to comment on this thread, just enjoy your free stuff and move on, why have an axe to grind, I dont even understand why you would have an agenda to comment since apparently you are getting what you want. there are quite a few who agree with me, mainly vets, and they are not vocal and I am.  I suppose anet would rather have players quit silently so they have no idea what the problem is.

Ive also played anet/guild wars since 2004, so ive seen all the highs and lows and I have history and context in mind, and im telling the devs this is a bad move.  If you think its fine, then just move on.  I'm speaking for others who agree with me, even though you don't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

If you dont agree you dont need to comment on this thread, just enjoy your free stuff and move on, why have an axe to grind, I dont even understand why you would have an agenda to comment since apparently you are getting what you want. there are quite a few who agree with me, mainly vets, and they are not vocal and I am.  I suppose anet would rather have players quit silently so they have no idea what the problem is.

Ive also played anet/guild wars since 2004, so ive seen all the highs and lows and I have history and context in mind, and im telling the devs this is a bad move.  If you think its fine, then just move on.  I'm speaking for others who agree with me, even though you don't.

Ah yes, the fabled "many have said", only to you, noone else, we don't see them talk to anyone in game, on forums, or anywhere, they only talk and voice their dissatisfaction in this awful, unfair act towards them to you only.
On another note, I get to decide if I want to make a comment about Legendary starter kits on a thread about Legendary starter kit, not you.

• Like 6

If your sole enjoyment of the game comes from having something others don't rather than appreciating the journey you took yourself to get it, you are the problem.

As has been mentioned by others, the Gen1 starters will kick start some fresh engagement with older content to make the other half of the legendary. It also serves as an introduction to legendary crafting for players who might not have thought about making the journey before.

Can't you just be happy for the new players who don't have any Legendary gear yet, and welcome them to the club when they make their first weapon, even if it was kickstarted by the kit?

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

If you dont agree you dont need to comment on this thread

I don't agree with this statement and also with op. I have around 10 gen one legendaries and I don't care if other people have them. Most times I transmute them to nicer skins for fashion, gen 1 weapons are not that exclusive for a long time now. 

Starter kit consists of pre and t6 mats, they are bought from tp anyways. 

The only lege weapons I feel worth showing off are hard gen2 like Chuka, nevermore, hope because you cannot buy them on tp and even if you buy mats you still need to do a lot to craft them.

• Like 8

On 11/8/2023 at 7:40 AM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I think its really gross that anet has decided to give out a ton of mats for gen 1 legendaries as part of the dailies.  It really devalues what people have, especially veteran players.  Why couldn't you guys just make a new set of legendaries that were easier to make or something and make those components/mats given out with the dailies?  That way the old legendaries that we all worked hard to get arent de-valued. 

If you had released a new set of weapons/legendaries and given out the mats to make 1/3 or 1/2 of them as you did the gen 1 legendaries, my opinion would have literally shifted from, "I really hate this" to, "Thats pretty cool, I like this."

Feels like an insult to longtime players. 

We said this years ago, it hasn't changed, and it never will.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

I don't agree with this statement and also with op. I have around 10 gen one legendaries and I don't care if other people have them. Most times I transmute them to nicer skins for fashion, gen 1 weapons are not that exclusive for a long time now. 

Starter kit consists of pre and t6 mats, they are bought from tp anyways. 

The only lege weapons I feel worth showing off are hard gen2 like Chuka, nevermore, hope because you cannot buy them on tp and even if you buy mats you still need to do a lot to craft them.

Facts, gen one legendry's are not exclusive. and there are enough time gated crap in this game as it is.