[REAL] The real reason for poor balance and gamemode negligience.

Tanuki.4603

Half of the players are afk gold farmers/bots.

Try playing 3 games today. I guarantee you at least one of them will have an afk.

There is ALWAYS an afk in a match if you play at least 3 games. There is so many people that go afk after first fight. Most of them are afk gold farmers, there is also bots. Its easily to spot them beacuse they always walk out in the same exact way.

Play this twitch clip, starting at 45 seconds:

https://www.twitch.tv/grimjacke/clip/BetterRamshackleHornetMoreCowbell-Zubyr_sJh4_78Aat?featured=false&filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

I've been so SICK to the core lately with the afk, literally hafl matches have players afking.

THE REASON BALANCE IS HORRIBLE:

ArenaNet makes balance horrible ON PURPOSE in order to protect bots and afkers and create a scapegoat. All the afk/bot threads get burried under the amount of threads with balance complaints. People are way more passionate about balance because they want to talk about the game they love, not playres destroying it.

Truth is that those bots and afkers keep buying accounts and buy gemstore items so ArenaNet doesn't want to get rid of paying customers, even if they are the ones ruining the game. In order to deter our attention and keep their paying cusomters protected, a solid plan of CONSTANT, UNEDING HORBILE BALANCE DECISION is CONCIOUSLY implemented at the company. This is not a conspiracy, it's relaity and the faster you realize the better for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Bot accounts make up a at least 30% game activity I feel. They changed the TOS years ago to make it ok to use bots in pve and pvp.  

Ez fix. There is no reason why some character or accounts just can't be banned for a season. I never see or read that people get punished ever.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Bot accounts make up a at least 30% game activity I feel. They changed the TOS years ago to make it ok to use bots in pve and pvp.  

Ez fix. There is no reason why some character or accounts just can't be banned for a season. I never see or read that people get punished ever.

Yes same because the activity keeps growing, everyone complaisn about AFK it just gets burried under all teh balance complaints...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Theres no influx of new players because the game mode is so dead you get to g2/3 within two weeks of playing where youll suddenly hit a skill barrier of players who've been playing this kitten for the past 10 years, subsequently youll be flamed by said jaded veterans with thousands of games played through a myriad of different meta's with insane knowledge of the games intricasies and meanwhile you are wondering why the kitten tybalt died so soon 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

Try playing 3 games today. I guarantee you at least one of them will have an afk.

There is ALWAYS an afk in a match if you play at least 3 games. There is so many people that go afk after first fight. Most of them are afk gold farmers, there is also bots. Its easily to spot them beacuse they always walk out in the same exact way.

https://www.twitch.tv/grimjacke/clip/BetterRamshackleHornetMoreCowbell-Zubyr_sJh4_78Aat?featured=false&filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

I've been so SICK to the core lately with the afk, literally hafl matches have players afking.

ArenaNet makes balance horrible ON PURPOSE in order to protect bots and afkers and create a scapegoat. All the afk/bot threads get burried under the amount of threads with balance complaints. People are way more passionate about balance because they want to talk about the game they love, not playres destroying it.

Truth is that those bots and afkers keep buying accounts and buy gemstore items so ArenaNet doesn't want to get rid of paying customers, even if they are the ones ruining the game. In order to deter our attention and keep their paying cusomters protected, a solid plan of CONSTANT, UNEDING HORBILE BALANCE DECISION is CONCIOUSLY implemented at the company. This is not a conspiracy, it's relaity and the faster you realize the better for you.

I completely agree with you. After 10 years+ you would think that Anet would care enough to address the game on going problems especially Afk/Bot including Exploits, Cheating, Hacking and Wintrading by revamping/reworking the on going problems? 

Nope!!

In fact; Anet solution was to hire a Marketing Personal to market the game for profit 

That's right, 

Hackers, Botters, Exploiters, Wintraders, Afk's, Cheaters. Game Abusers Are Allowed and Tollerated By Anet!!

We are talking about Guild Wars 2 10 Years+ history with these being permitted by Anet. 

So my question to The Community, Is this the Game Company you want to continue to support and to devote your time and investment in?

Anet continues to give PvP and WvW the same finger 10+years ago and will continue to do so until we slam that Toxic door behind us. 

It's your call because I've slammed that door and will never look back and look into that trash can until all of the Balance Team and Design Team are Terminated and Replaced with including throwing away, 'Play Toxicity Or Else!!' Philosophy in the trash can, remove Stealth Mechanic, One Shot, Delete/Rework Thief Profession, Rework Toxic Game Design, Remove Control Effects - Pulling, Immobolize, Knockback, Launch, Stun, Blind and Slow, Power-Creep and address our concerns which have been burried for years and years.....once after all

None of the next upcoming MMO's have Guild Wars 2 Toxic Game Deign like Exploit Steath Mechanic, One Shot/Instant Kill = "Balanced'

Why Should We Settle For Less??

"You reap what you sow. Consequences are inescapable and irrevocable."

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Hate to break it to you, PvP is poorly balanced because Arena.Net never wanted to implement it into GW2.  This goes beyond "Too many classes to balance."  The Dev team has actively been trying to kill PvP for over a decade.  They don't ask us what we like about SPvP, They don't ask us what we hate about SPvP.  They don't ask what "Feels good" or "Feels Bad" about SPvP.

And the Specs are just Lazy.  Virtuoso is just a Pre-Nerfed version of Mirage. WillBender is just a buffed version of Core  Radiant Greatsword.

The game is full of instant gratification, No skill cheese builds.  Why be good when you can shove a Flamethrower in the entire enemy teams face for hundreds of thousands of fire damage each second?  Now THAT is gameplay.  The builds that I like or enjoy player are relegated to uselessness. I loved Core Radiant Greatsword,  It was way too overtuned and needed to be dialed back, But that same build is WORTHLESS.  I loved P/P Deadeye. Now it seems as though the only class that isn't good with P/P unload spam is the thief.

AoE Damage is way to high.  Almost none of the professions or Specs have a single meaningful cooldown outside of cleanses and Invuls.  Some classes have 5  Invul's. Some classes don't even need one, but have 2.

Why does the Elementalist class exist?  You did it.  You swallowed Tens of thousands of Fire Damage A second for like 45 seconds on a Power/Precision Elementalist.  You ate their 8-15K Lightning bolts,  You survive their 15 stacks of 9 different damaging conditions as they went Invul for 6 seconds.  And just as you're about to finnaly keel them, After 1V1ing them for 5 minutes, They just Switch to Water, and full heal themselves instantly, along with any one else on their team with in the Area Code.

The only reason Arena.net bothers with WvW is because they get carried by the top community cheaters DAILY.  Remember kids, Cheating is ok, as long as you're getting carried by a cheater.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Theres multiple reasons.

1- rewards. Pve players enter pvp ranked with 0 fuks given whether they win or lose, nor do they have any intentions of improving at pvp.

2- the population is so low that as a solo queueing player u will get teamed with teammates that just feed all match. U will be in teamfights and eventually be forced to flee from 2 or 3 enemies as ur team fed in the team fight. U will get matches where u will stomp but have far greater chance to be stomped. Players eventually get frustrated that they go all game with 1 death tops and are capable of fighting their opponents but are left with a team that plays like it's their first day, this happens so often due to low population players get frustrated and turn toxic. Unless u have another competent dual queue partner or are a pvp god able to literally carry a match full of players that literally play worse than bots, are bots or afk'rs than ranked is just a frustrating game mode that most quit fast due to the above.

Wvw isn't any worse balanced than conquest but less complaints are found their and at least in my experience far less toxicity due to the fact ur not as reliant on a small group of players. Every pvp season I touch plat 1 as solo que for the first few weeks of season but as I play more matches I eventually end up in low gold and often silver. Silver I where u go literally every match with 0 deaths and often win 1v2's yet watch all ur teamates feed all match and wonder around like chickens while dying in secs to every team fight. Regardless of balance, u get matches like these and the game will seem unbalanced regardless. Classes in gw2 currently are balanced pretty well, the players on other hand are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

On 11/11/2023 at 3:38 PM, Tanuki.4603 said:

The video's pretty funny.... but yeah if you're top 10 in your region, it is exactly according to the Match Maker theory that you should be able to carry 4 bots against a team  of 5 G1's.... sigh.   

The worst part is, when you lose... then your rank goes down far more than the 4 bots does... cause you were above the average of your team's MMR.

And that's why applying a system meant for 1 vs 1 competition in Chess to each individual in a game played with 4 other randoms is ... well I'd be ashamed to call my self a programmer if I couldn't see the inherent flaw large enough to throw a Norn through.

Edited by shion.2084

These tinfoil hat theories about PvP...

No, they don't make it horrible on purpose. I don't even think the balance we currently have is remotely horrible. There are always outliers when it comes to balance, something that'll always stand above something else due to meta compositions. You also have to keep in mind they have to think of multiple formats within PvP itself. There are MATs (5v5), Ranked (Groups of 2 players + 1 vs Groups of 2 players + 1), and Unranked (Pseudo-casual 5 vs 5).

They have to provide options for every kind of player wanting to try the game mode out. Sometimes that means certain builds slip through the cracks that are overly effective due to an attempt to make them beginner friendly. Things like Chaos Staff Mirage, Rifle Mechanist, Bunker Mechanist, many other things over the years. They need to keep track of so many parameters within the balance: Effectiveness, Fairness, Fun, Difficulty- and then things like Numbers, Roles and some others. They have to keep track of each of these threefold, ensuring it isn't something incredibly obnoxious. The devs are human like us and sometimes something gets missed. Even during the whole deal with Signet Catalyst.

Now on to the AFKs/Bots, this just happens in EVERY game. AFK is less punished here in GW2 as are bots, but it does get hit every now and again.

They've got some of the most interactive developers they've had in a while when it comes to profession balancing. We're currently getting previews of some really impressive work done to fill gaps on each profession. As well as a preview of balance changes that are going to give out more options for personal flavor specs in PvP.

20 hours ago, Gamble.4580 said:

Most players are just doing dailys and heart aint in it they play till they get a free win 

This is actually surprisingly more accurate than people are aware. Then they get upset when they've got new players just wanting to get their daily or check this cool PvP thing out!

15 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Theres multiple reasons.

1- rewards. Pve players enter pvp ranked with 0 fuks given whether they win or lose, nor do they have any intentions of improving at pvp.

2- the population is so low that as a solo queueing player u will get teamed with teammates that just feed all match. U will be in teamfights and eventually be forced to flee from 2 or 3 enemies as ur team fed in the team fight. U will get matches where u will stomp but have far greater chance to be stomped. Players eventually get frustrated that they go all game with 1 death tops and are capable of fighting their opponents but are left with a team that plays like it's their first day, this happens so often due to low population players get frustrated and turn toxic. Unless u have another competent dual queue partner or are a pvp god able to literally carry a match full of players that literally play worse than bots, are bots or afk'rs than ranked is just a frustrating game mode that most quit fast due to the above.

1: Yeeeeeep. They're getting their dailies, honestly nothing wrong with that.

2: This applies to literally every player in the game. Even people like Naru and Boyce suffer the curse of a bad game or two. It's not exclusive to us- they just keep playing anyway and play META- they've got their heart in the game.

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

The video's pretty funny.... but yeah if you're top 10 in your region, it is exactly according to the Match Maker theory that you should be able to carry 4 bots against a team  of 5 G1's.... sigh.   

The worst part is, when you lose... then your rank goes down far more than the 4 bots does... cause you were above the average of your team's MMR.

And that's why applying a system meant for 1 vs 1 competition in Chess to each individual in a game played with 4 other randoms is ... well I'd be ashamed to call my self a programmer if I couldn't see the inherent flaw large enough to throw a Norn through.

This isn't an issue with the programmer's ranking system, it's just the fact that PvP across the board in all MMORPGs is dying. The rating system is just trying its best due to a lack of data. It's like making someone starving go and run a marathon. Let's not bash the developer.

Edited by Vinny.7260
  • Thanks 2

On 11/11/2023 at 3:23 PM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Probably a good estimate
They didn't change TOS though can still be viewed here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

"Using, developing, releasing, or promoting a “bot,” cheat, or exploit program" is an infraction
And ironically enough that's immediately followed by: "Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse"

These things were never allowed Arenanet just doesn't do anything at all whatsoever about them. Moderation is lazy at best, and willfully ignorant at worst.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Probably a good estimate
They didn't change TOS though can still be viewed here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

"Using, developing, releasing, or promoting a “bot,” cheat, or exploit program" is an infraction
And ironically enough that's immediately followed by: "Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse"

These things were never allowed Arenanet just doesn't do anything at all whatsoever about them. Moderation is lazy at best, and willfully ignorant at worst.

O I see

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Probably a good estimate

Until Stealth Mechanic, Portal Entre, Shadow Portal and Teleport are removed or reworked from Professions who exploits, cheats and abuse them allowed and defended by Anet; TOS Is A One Big Lie

I never in my life played an MMO game where a Game Company design their game arround exploits, cheats and hacking and defends it for years and years then ask the players to report it, then wait and wait and does nothing about it, then look at the same players like their Delusional, when years and years of pile of hard evidence are right there in front of their face

It is not even funny, its not even frightening..........it's Sickening!!

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Until Stealth Mechanic, Portal Entre, Shadow Portal and Teleport are removed or reworked from Professions who exploits, cheats and abuse them allowed and defended by Anet; TOS Is A One Big Lie

All they really have to do is enforce the TOS they came up with

That means moderating PvP like the rest of the game. Like if I reinstalled gw2, went into LA, and said not nice things in map chat, I would be temp banned within a day or less. Meanwhile you see repeat AFKers every other match in PvP. Report them, you see them again the very next day. Then you have the same fake top players wintrading and blatantly cheating in some cases and nothing.

Or better yet, they ban them once and then let them off the hook. 

It is not even funny, its not even frightening..........it's Sickening!!

Fr it made me throw up in my mouth a little and I swallowed it and now I have macdonalds puke taste in my mouth 😩

I never in my life played an MMO game where a Game Company design their game arround exploits, cheats and hacking and defends it for years and years then ask the players to report it, then wait and wait and does nothing about it, then look at the same players like their Delusional, when years and years of pile of hard evidence are right there in front of their face

They weren't always like that. Ben P would talk to us and would even occasionally listen.

Nobody at Anet listening to us anymore, they're pretty much a brand new company full of blue-haired snowflakes that look down on what's left of the pvp population. Instead of saying straight-up "we have given up on PvP and we have no plans to release any additional content for it, nor will we address the rampant cheating, toxicity, and AFK problems" they just lead us along and pop in occasionally to ban and silence us for speaking the truths they don't have the 🍒s to say.

Because that's what you gets you banned from this game even if you have 11k hours in it. Hurting people's feelings.

Cheating, botting, AFKing - Okay | Saying not nice things - 😡

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
faith is the only reason praise God
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

All they really have to do is enforce the TOS they came up with

That means moderating PvP like the rest of the game. Like if I reinstalled gw2, went into LA, and said not nice things in map chat, I would be temp banned within a day or less. Meanwhile you see repeat AFKers every other match in PvP. Report them, you see them again the very next day. Then you have the same fake top players wintrading and blatantly cheating in some cases and nothing.

Or better yet, they ban them once and then let them off the hook. 

Fr it made me throw up in my mouth a little and I swallowed it and now I have macdonalds puke taste in my mouth 😩

They weren't always like that. Ben P would talk to us and would even occasionally listen.

Nobody at Anet listening to us anymore, they're pretty much a brand new company full of blue-haired snowflakes that look down on what's left of the pvp population. Instead of saying straight-up "we have given up on PvP and we have no plans to release any additional content for it, nor will we address the rampant cheating, toxicity, and AFK problems" they just lead us along and pop in occasionally to ban and silence us for speaking the truths they don't have the 🍒s to say.

Because that's what you gets you banned from this game even if you have 11k hours in it. Hurting people's feelings.

Cheating, botting, AFKing - Okay | Saying not nice things - 😡

You are right my friend

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

You are right my friend

Lord keep you and turn His face to you. 🙏

I appreciate you saying so and I hope you have a blessed day.  I hope too that you will continue to speak in spirit & truth.

Wear the confused emojis like a badge of honour friendo and please forgive if I try to get the high score.

On 11/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Bots are against the ToS in all areas of the game. People are allowed to multibox, which is not botting, under a very specific set of rules, one such rule is that multiboxing is forbidden in PvP and WvW with the exception of custom arenas.

• Thanks 1

ArenaNet makes balance horrible ON PURPOSE in order to protect bots and afkers and create a scapegoat.

Kinda putting the cart before the horse, isn't it?

It's more like the balance is horrible and so people are looking for low-touch methods to get the rewards from it without actually having to interact with it. 

If you want to minimize the impact of afkers and bots, good balance tends to help with that. If your balance is good, bots will be less effective at getting rewards, and people are more inclined to try to carry close games than give up after the first clash at mid. If people like interacting with your system, the faults (such as poor quality matches) tend to be minimized (more people playing because its fun, more pool to pad out those people causing the poor quality matches.)

Let's not conjure this as the grand design of a particularly malicious group of devs. I wouldn't give them -that- much credit. The simplest conclusion is very often the true one.

The devs are not very competitive minded and blunder a lot when it comes to shaping competitive. Most of them are Baldurs Gate enjoyers, more so than LoL or Street Fighter. Because of that (and the compounding factors of people in the competitive spaces tend to be assholes that didn't get enough validation as a child), PvP is not enjoyable for a large portion of the playerbase that -would- interact with it otherwise. Because of this, the matchmaker has to struggle to put games together with the few people that -do- remain, and because of -that- it will often scrape the very bottom of the barrel of players and hand you a couple of bots from people who checked out a long time ago (but still should be banned). 

This isn't an issue with the programmer's ranking system, it's just the fact that PvP across the board in all MMORPGs is dying. The rating system is just trying its best due to a lack of data. It's like making someone starving go and run a marathon.

Oui ❤️ ~

Let's not bash the developer.

I am a fan of tough love. A little bashing is okay. They're the ones with the means to change this. The lack of data is a lack of -people-, and there's no shortage of those in the other game spheres. 

Edited by JormagSorbet.8079
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:15 PM, Irastira.8643 said:

Hate to break it to you, PvP is poorly balanced because Arena.Net never wanted to implement it into GW2. 

Bro what? GW2 on release was a pvp focused game. In first two years of the game pve and dungeons were a side activity at best. PvP was the central focus. Skins, Rewards, Rank, Tourneys, ESL plans, huge budget allocations. Slower more tactical play meant to capitalize on the moba market and the pvp mmo market. The original vision of Guild Wars 2 PvP was to absorb the ESL market for Mobas and MMOs in one game.

They failed and lost sponsors due to a myriad of reason, mostly bad balance choices, cheating communities, and a refusal to take in player feedback. Also TERRIBLE MARKETING. I cant tell you how badly they handled this. GW2 was NEVER advertised properly. This lead to a huge player withdrawal loss of sponsors, and a force out from ESL when gw2 lost their endorsement. Further ruining the game mode they removed 5 man ques which prevented players from choosing 100 percent of their teammates making a ranked competitive mode a largely RNG Based experience with no agency over the results, with the original Gliko rating system (which btw came much later after release) kept in place to score you on an individual basis even though its a team based game. The rating system was designed to provide rank to static teams that play together over a period of time. Which is the only scenario where a Gliko rating system (like that of chess) would even make sense in a game mode designed for teams. It was never supposed to rank an individual it was for team ranks.

When they removed 5 man ques they also destroyed the need for spvp focused guilds (part of their shift in priorities over to pve) leaving original pvp focus guilds and hot join spvp guilds [Shout Out to Champion Slayer the OG hot join spvp guild] (which used to provide the essential intro and tutorials for pvp) to die off because out of the 200 to 350 people in each guild instead of queing up as two 5 man teams (10 total guild members) practicing together they were left with a duo que system which meant spvp guilds no longer could regularly que together.

Further they reduced the time it took to achieve rank in pvp significantly (at the time people with shark rank or higher) were immediately rewarded with dragon rank as retro active rank points applied to their accounts, PvE skins which originally were not allowed in PvP lobbies (pvp skins only when we had our own mystic forge) were now allowed in. 

Over time after their initial ambitions were abandoned because of the devs lack of protecting the integrity of the game (something they continue to do) ruined it for everyone. They gave up and went on to PvE.

TLDR:

I could go on and on how the potential of this game to be the greatest pvp experience ever was completely botched. The idea that this game was never meant to have PvP in it is one of the most untrue things ever said on the forums, and the tragedy of the waste is something I think many original players still hold onto. Wanting the original vision of this game to return.  It wont - they systematically and intentionally broke down our game mode as they switched priorities. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You guys need to understand that people don't like talking about all the AFK and botting problem because the discussion is straight forward and reaches the same conclusions. But it getting burried just lets ArenaNet get away with it so that they don't have to fix the problem.

• Confused 1

On 11/16/2023 at 2:46 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

I mean... you are right with what you are saying...

but then again....  they added auras on signets, when Cata was already on its hayday.... so.... yeah...

So you just proved that they make it horrible on purpose... all you have to extend your brain power to realize it's not just on a whim

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 1:22 PM, jdawgie.1835 said:

Bro what? GW2 on release was a pvp focused game. In first two years of the game pve and dungeons were a side activity at best. PvP was the central focus. Skins, Rewards, Rank, Tourneys, ESL plans, huge budget allocations. Slower more tactical play meant to capitalize on the moba market and the pvp mmo market. The original vision of Guild Wars 2 PvP was to absorb the ESL market for Mobas and MMOs in one game.

I don't know what you're talking about.  On release, GW2 lacked SPvP. The Dev team went to war with the Community who really really wanted to PvP. The community said "PvP was a thing in Guild Wars 1."  and the Dev team was like "No." After the community threatened to straight up stop playing the game, the Devs backed down and DEVELOPED SPvP into Guild Wars 2.  Also, Guild wars 2 does not have "Too many classes."   League of Legends has over 160 Characters. League isn't Half as broken as Guild Wars 2.

• Confused 2