Legendary Insight

Etaiver.9781

24 minutes ago, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

É destinado às pessoas que *não* possuem armaduras lendárias e estão trabalhando para isso. Não é realmente inútil.

It's useless for those who already have a legendary.

9 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

send them to me

If you could send or sell it, it would be useful in some way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well... it's only fitting for anet to introduce leggy weapons for LI, the same way they now introduced the separate OW leggy armor? 🤔

But in reality if it's just meant as a timegate/participation token for legendary items, where the overall intended worth (measured in gold) of rewards isn't considering existence of LI then they don't need to do anything with it. If you crafted leggies using them then they served their purpose and that's it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

What does it matter that plenty of people need them? Other uses for LI don't mean people are forced to use them and can't choose to keep their LI for legendary armor and Coalescence. Ever since I finished 3 sets of raid armor years ago I've been piling up LI's (3.3k at the moment, to be exact). Sure, they don't take up any space but it would be nice to have something to use them for besides legendary gear. All of it is optional anyway so people still needing them to make legendary gear is no argument against other uses for LI at all.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

What does it matter that plenty of people need them? Other uses for LI don't mean people are forced to use them and can't choose to keep their LI for legendary armor and Coalescence. Ever since I finished 3 sets of raid armor years ago I've been piling up LI's (3.3k at the moment, to be exact). Sure, they don't take up any space but it would be nice to have something to use them for besides legendary gear. All of it is optional anyway so people still needing them to make legendary gear is no argument against other uses for LI at all.

I agree that this is not an argument.
What I think actually matters here though is the intended amount of rewards for clears. If the devs are satisfied with the current tier of rewards for raids then adding another source of rewards -after you made the armor- by trading in LI for more mats/gold/whatever simply isn't in line with their desired goal.
I also don't think "but it's in my wallet!" is a meaningful argument here since it doesn't reallxy influence any part of the gameplay and doesn't clutter the storage space. I get that we'd rather have 1 more gold coin than a currency that has no use for us anymore, but in reality... well, just don't look at it? 🤷‍♂️ 

And for added clarity about my stance in this thread: I'm fine with both adding rewards or leaving it as is. Everything about this proposal is based on nothing more than the desired level of rewards by the devs.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I agree that this is not an argument.
What I think actually matters here though is the intended amount of rewards for clears. If the devs are satisfied with the current tier of rewards for raids then adding another source of rewards -after you made the armor- by trading in LI for more mats/gold/whatever simply isn't in line with their desired goal.
I also don't think "but it's in my wallet!" is a meaningful argument here since it doesn't reallxy influence any part of the gameplay and doesn't clutter the storage space. I get that we'd rather have 1 more gold coin than a currency that has no use for us anymore, but in reality... well, just don't look at it? 🤷‍♂️ 

And for added clarity about my stance in this thread: I'm fine with both adding rewards or leaving it as is. Everything about this proposal is based on nothing more than the desired level of rewards by the devs.

I agree. I'm pretty indifferent to it as well. But I do get that there are people who see LI piling up and wonder if ANet can't do something to keep them useful. They used to be more useful before ANet implemented the legendary armory, but now that unlocked legendary items can be equipped across all characters on an account subsequent LI have no use anymore. So I don't think it's a matter of intent from ANet. It's that they implemented a system that made subsequent LI after crafting all legendary raid gear redundant, whereas it wasn't before.

4 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

The fact that this poster did enough raids to accumulate that many also suggests people who like raids will do lots (and lots 🙂 ) without being able to sell LI.

Yea basically my personal view on it. I already have all 3 raid armors, raids themselves are still pretty good money for only needing to do them once a week, and I just like the activity of raiding in MMOs in general. I’m going to play it anyway because it’s fun to me and I enjoy it, regardless if I’m getting LI that I have no use for anymore 🤷‍♂️

In terms of likelihood,

Plus: We have the WvW precedent with skirmish tickets. Long term sink, nice infusion included. 

Minus: Raids, unlike WvW, are already quite profitable so Anet may not be as inclined to add more rewards. Raids is a more exclusive game mode, probably less priority for development and balance adjustments.

1 hour ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

This will be always issue. You will always have currency used for "something" and when you get that something it is useless. Older MMO gets more of these types of currencies will be in the game.

What do we do with essences after we get OP leggy armor?

Add a new LI Sink thats required to do raids, and watch as they get used up over time. Like how FOW and UW had a plat price to enter. 

1 hour ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Add a new LI Sink thats required to do raids, and watch as they get used up over time. Like how FOW and UW had a plat price to enter. 

Should we add same let's say vendor for all other currently not useful currencies and future ones? Also issue is that you have ppl with 0 LI and ppl with several thousands LI so any LI sink will greatly benefit veteran players and will be useless to new players.

Solution could be something same as WvW Dugan vendor where you limit purchase per week as mentioned above by someone as WvW and skirmish tickets.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Most currencies or tokens do have at least one thing which can be bought and used infinitely, for people who have gotten everything else with it (or people who just want to use it up). It's usually nothing amazing, often bags of random gear, or crafting materials, but it means the currency is never useless. The closest equivalents to LI I can think of are:

• Proof of Legend which is mainly for getting the Decade armour set, but can then be used to buy food, utilities and banners. Those only become available once you've got all the armour sets, but it means you can use up any extra Proofs you have.
  • Emblem of the Conqueror which is used to make Conflux, but can also be traded to a merchant for various items. (Note: this is different to Emblem of the Avenger which is the one which used to be required to upgrade Slumbering Conflux and now has no use except trading to the merchant.)

Emblem of the Conqueror doesn't even require players to have Conflux before spending it, so there is a 'risk' that players could spend all the ones they have and then need to get another one if they decide to make the legendary, but all that means is they have to get another one, it's not going to be a big barrier to making Conflux. (Especially since you couldn't get all the other stuff you need without claiming objectives in WvW.) It would be the same with Legendary Insights - if someone spends them on other stuff then decides to make legendary armour they'll need to get more LI, but it's unlikely they'll have collected all the other stuff required from raids before they decided to make the armour, or that they'd be against doing more raiding if they had. It might be annoying, but there's a simple solution.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:06 PM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

The fact that one of the posters has 3.3k of them just highlights the problem with making them worth much. 
The fact that this poster did enough raids to accumulate that many also suggests people who like raids will do lots (and lots 🙂 ) without being able to sell LI.

Thats because its all we got, the fact that they didnt add a new wing in the last 2 expansions but think strikes makes up for it is lul. A lot of raiders have left at least throw us a bone and give us a weekly AA for clearing a wing make it worth something

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Etaiver.9781 said:

I don't see any point in moving this topic, the two subjects are completely different.

Great idea that could make raid more alive. I personally do not raid anymore cuz it do not have anything more to offer. Getting something for LI would be a great way to make me intrested in raiding again.

And don't bother with Healerkiellersomething guy, hes basicly a meme on the forums, getting bitter at everyone that want something to benefit raids and not Him (the gimme everything for free syndrome guy). Not to mention His posts are usually super confusing like the one sending you to completly diffrent topic, implaying it's about the same thing. Unless he meant for it to mean something else. But thats the thing with Him. I can never understand what His deal is. ^^

So as much as I don't belive ANet will do something useful with LI, I really like your idea. For what it's worth.

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I personally do not raid anymore cuz it do not have anything more to offer. Getting something for LI would be a great way to make me intrested in raiding again.

I'm in the same boat. I enjoy raiding but without having something to work towards or having any reward of substance there's just not much of a point. I have all the minis, weapon skins, legendary gear and achievements. The money isn't good enough to bother and wrangling 10 people each week can be a massive headache.

• Thanks 1