Well-Rested Bonus

For the life of me I cannot imagine why we could not receive the Resting/Well Rested bonus from the Arborstone mastery track while in capitol cities and Lounges.  Unless it's a really spaghetti code level of a problem, it seems to me like it actively kills the benefits of leaving characters in both lounges and the cities, which actively reduces population and interaction in said areas.  The Lounges are one thing, but reducing player populations in the home cities seems counter-productive, as it reduces the interactions between newer players and veterans of the game when those newer players could really use that interaction sometimes.

In short, can we please get the Arborstone Resting bonuses in Cities and Lounges?  We already get it in the Wizard's Tower as well.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

It used to be only at the inn at Arborstone, and no one liked it, so they added it to all of Arborstone. Doubt they'll change it further after all this time, but in all honesty...why does it matter? +25% xp is as useful +1% gold find AA reward.

• Like 4

I like the idea of logging out at any city being equally "advantageous," even if all it is for is an experience buff. It shouldn't matter, sure, but then they shouldn't have made it so that Arborstone is "better" to log out in (and later, Wizard's Tower).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

It used to be only at the inn at Arborstone, and no one liked it, so they added it to all of Arborstone. Doubt they'll change it further after all this time, but in all honesty...why does it matter? +25% xp is as useful +1% gold find AA reward.

It makes earning spirit shards through open world pve 25% faster, that's roughly one infinity percent better than the gold find AA purchase, which is in fact a complete joke.

• Like 3

Hmm.  You have to sit in a chair for 4 minutes if you want the equivalent 4 hour buff from Arborstone.  That is fine for idle chatting in towns.

It is actually very mmo in its design.  The free method takes some time.  It is a fairly generous rate, 10 seconds of sitting for 1 minute of buff.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Is it so hard to sit in a chair for a little while, whilst you make a coffee and check your insta reel?

20 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Hmm.  You have to sit in a chair for 4 minutes if you want the equivalent 4 hour buff from Arborstone.  That is fine for idle chatting in towns.

It is actually very mmo in its design.  The free method takes some time.  It is a fairly generous rate, 10 seconds of sitting for 1 minute of buff.

You ever read a response to your post and think "Holy hell how did I miss that?"

This has just happened to me.

Mind you, I still think that the Resting bonus should be in all of the cities and lounges, but this does shift the dial on the "this is a problem"-ometer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

Just get the incredibly well rested bonus on a char (logging out also counts if ur in wizards' tower or arborstone) and top it up with a novelty chair when u notice it running low. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resting

IT IS NOT HARD.

Edit: you can park ur chair anywhere for 4 mins to restore the buff.

Yup, until you said it I didn't realize it.  It's good information and I thank you for it.

I still maintain, however, that there is no reason to not put the buff you get in Arborstone and Wizard's Tower in other places.  Wizard's Tower in particular has a very long load time for me for some reason so parking characters there is highly inconvenient in my case.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 1/13/2024 at 7:39 AM, Endilbiach.4132 said:

it seems to me like it actively kills the benefits of leaving characters in both lounges and the cities, which actively reduces population and interaction in said areas.  The Lounges are one thing, but reducing player populations in the home cities seems counter-productive, as it reduces the interactions between newer players and veterans of the game when those newer players could really use that interaction sometimes.

Yeah, because +25% exp boost is so importan for veteran players that they care . . .

Spoiler: It's not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Yeah, because +25% exp boost is so importan for veteran players that they care . . .

Spoiler: It's not.

I've been playing since about 30 days after launch.  You don't get much more 'veteran' than me, and I clearly care.

• Confused 3

26 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

I've been playing since about 30 days after launch.  You don't get much more 'veteran' than me, and I clearly care.

3 days headstart here and yea dont have that buff 99% of the time.

Only time I have it is if a character is parked in arborstone for strikes.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

I wouldn't call earning Spirit Shards 25% faster in open world - where a lot of players play almost exclusively - minimal.

I definitely would. seems extremely minimal actually. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Ofcourse you say so, otherwise you had no argument. 😉

On 1/13/2024 at 7:39 AM, Endilbiach.4132 said:

We already get it in the Wizard's Tower as well.

Because we have a mastery for it.
One mastery for Soto, one for EoD.

Core masteries has a speed buff for cities.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Confused 1

As somebody who wasn't sitting on thousands of Spirit Shards before multiple nerfs to SS rewards, they've been my bottleneck for creating legendaries. Parking all my characters in Wizard's Tower for the 25% XP boost is helping me out considerably, so it is not a minimal benefit for me.

I prefer to keep my characters parked in Mistlock Sanctuary so I can teleport back to previous locations, so having the Arborstone mastery affect all non-combat areas (cities and lounges) would be a nice convenience upgrade.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm not convinced this would do much to increase the population in cities. I can't speak for anyone else of course but I wouldn't pull all my characters away from what they're doing to dump them in a city when I log out just for an XP buff (I've got XP boosters and last year's fireworks in the bank I never remember to use).

I usually keep one character I'm not currently playing much in a city (normally Rata Sum) to gather from the home instance, but the rest log out wherever they are at the time so that when I log into them again I can continue where I left off.

• Like 3