Funny how beta week is most dead match in years

2 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Nothing happening. 🤦‍♂️

I can't sign that. In terms of a roaming experience I see lots of camp flipping and 1vsX in-between the small targets even at the odd hours I currently have time to play. (EU; Giant's Rise/7Pines/PhoenixDawn)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Been trying to jump around maps when playing to gauge activity, its been on par of normal weeks. Perhaps the time zone that you play has more people spread about the servers? Dead, that I am not seeing when map hoping when there are not queues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Nothing happening. 🤦‍♂️

My own experience, and that of the many people I know with whom I have discussed this, have completely the opposite experience.

I'm not denying your feelings, I'm just showing up here to state the contrary view.

The Beta has provided some of the best, non-stop content I've experience in WvW for months.

There's a strong possibility I might just do something else when it ends, until the next one, because by comparison the normal system is miserable af.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The content has really died down, due to the spread of the population and quantity of guilds on different worlds being all over the place, compared to the ratio of pugs on other servers/worlds, being uneven after this many betas.

Also the current meta, some people went on a break.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Well, only thing that seems to be missing are open tags with decent amount of people on voice. Which isn't surprising now that everyone and their moms are using different discord.

Plenty of activity on maps tho. This system makes much more sense and Id rather see WvW die on this hill than go back to the illogical linking transfer garbage we had before.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Nothing happening. 🤦‍♂️

So been thinking on this. What is your normal content like?

There are a number of different ways that this might be perceived:

• Guild driven content
  • Tag driven content
  • Havoc driven content
  • Roamer driven content

All create content and it might be how much they each share info that might impact others joining in. 

So are you seeing less Guilds, Comms, Havocs or Roamers sharing less info on activities or just less players on?

15 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I can't sign that. In terms of a roaming experience I see lots of camp flipping and 1vsX in-between the small targets even at the odd hours I currently have time to play. (EU; Giant's Rise/7Pines/PhoenixDawn)

On Giants Rise all I see are swarms of players waiting out RI to flip camps. Regularly when the garrison raid comes knocking it's one red and one blue zerg, and one brave pugmander trying to rally his 15-25 guys on a hbl queued map. All the while those same camp swarms are sat on invuln supervisors. 

When garrison is capped it reverts back to just empty camp flipping.

Both roaming and pugzerg was a far better experience before.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

it is Ktrain or be ktrained....  both are awfull.

I might have to swap to EU...

EU isn't better at all , i moved to ring of fire a few weeks ago and it was totally full of content but after this new change its almost completely dead for most of the day .

i don't know much about the new change but from what i see , i have to say i'm really not a fan.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

In karma training there shouldnt be much activity though, just caps. It increased from 1.4->1.6 million in the last 20h. But granted, EU is the bulk of it - 52% of it (edit: oops missed a tier and accidently had an NA in there, wasnt quite that high so it's actually looking good for NA lol).

Edited by Dawdler.8521

I have noticed a significant difference in coverage compared to before beta. There are several hours during my evening now where we have barely anyone on. It wouldn't bother me if I could still get good fights solo or duo roaming during that time but the other side is just a blob running the new unkillable meta xD

At the same time, during other times of the day it's been equal to before beta.

One noticable difference throughout: the entire beta so far I have not yet encountered a single que in any map.

(I'm on Reaper's Corridor)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Firefly.5982 said:

One noticable difference throughout: the entire beta so far I have not yet encountered a single que in any map.

This could be viewed in a number of ways. Have seen queues and outnumbered though out the beta.

One, it could be players not playing the content as they are disconnected with their normal server and/or they also doing the other events that are overlapping the WvW beta.

Two the beta is working as intended and people are being spread about more evenly across all available servers per region. 

I am also seeing less queues than a normal week but I think my server has a higher presence in some time zones versus others. Activity on friends' list looks about the same. Not the most quantifiable method to use but not a bad way to gauge are people in WvW or not that you have added as friends.

8 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

EU is as worse as it have ever been. We catching up on NA, where people just flip and do not care about responding to anything. Map litterally have a que and 10 people trying to defend a tier 3 keep. 20people at NC waiting for RI to be gone and 15 running in to walls in citadell. This is where you give up and just leave and realise this is how WvW will be soon. 

And yes this is not only one match, i can get in to any match in EU. Noone of them are equal, it is either be farmed or farm. And yes there have been some fights here and there where you can have some brief moments, but comparing that to what i am used to with nonstop fights and not only brief moments it just is the most boring WvW with no reason to be involved because why shoudl i care about anything when 35 other players on home do not. What is the whole point with WvW if it no longer is about a team. 

Anyway i am sure you will tell me i am wrong even though i been on all the servers in EU during this weeks just to check it out. So what do i know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

EU is as worse as it have ever been. We catching up on NA, where people just flip and do not care about responding to anything. Map litterally have a que and 10 people trying to defend a tier 3 keep. 20people at NC waiting for RI to be gone and 15 running in to walls in citadell. This is where you give up and just leave and realise this is how WvW will be soon. 

Once again someone describing how WvW has been for a decade, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

And yes this is not only one match, i can get in to any match in EU. Noone of them are equal, it is either be farmed or farm. And yes there have been some fights here and there where you can have some brief moments, but comparing that to what i am used to with nonstop fights and not only brief moments it just is the most boring WvW with no reason to be involved because why shoudl i care about anything when 35 other players on home do not. What is the whole point with WvW if it no longer is about a team. 

Anyway i am sure you will tell me i am wrong even though i been on all the servers in EU during this weeks just to check it out. So what do i know.

Well, that describes TC perfectly.

• Haha 2

So this system is terrible. And obviously the linking system is terrible too considering this system is deemed necessary.

Monoservers back when? I don't think anyone outside ones too cheap to transfer complained about that system. Stacked servers fought stacked servers, and you had options to go to lower tiers to fight guilds or less players.

Time to bring back good old WvW (with less servers)!

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

This has not been my experience. My guild fields 5-10 every day for our 1-2 hour run during late night NA. Before beta we often were unopposed except on EBG. During beta we have been opposed on all maps and had some great fights. Some we have won and some we have lost.

My favorite was last night watching an opposing group open a tower. They were completely focused on the few defenders of the third team and did not notice us sitting patiently behind them. When they opened the tower we pounced and got a nice free tower. 😉

• Confused 1

On one account, the queues seems less, than the other one during the week, at prime time, but the amount of content; guilds or open tags from each servers, varies so much, due to how all the population is spread. Some servers have alot more pugs, compared to Guilds for example.

It seems like there is too many servers/worlds atm and, or too high of a population cap per world?

Edited by RisingDawn.5796

7 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Tell me where to find that number?

wvwstats.com has leaderboards where one see kills/deaths/activity, easy to add to OpenOffice and sum up. Page isn’t much useful for the rest though. Other pages you can sum up too but you often have to look specifically per tier (like that live map one).

Just now, Dawdler.8521 said:

wvwstats.com has leaderboards where one see kills/deaths/activity, easy to add to OpenOffice and sum up. Page isn’t much useful for the rest though. Other pages you can sum up too but you often have to look specifically per tier (like that live map one).

Thank you.