World Linking 2/2/2024

2 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

WR should have solved this problem, but rather the problem is that the EU is one tier too many.

No it shouldnt lol. Maybe it can improve it by randomizing groups a little, but if players dont play on offtime with links they dont play offtime with merges and they dont play offtime with WR. Because it's the same kitten players. They wont suddenly change their habits. 

The assumption with the idea of suddenly solving offtime activity due to merging servers is that the players on the servers being deleted already play a ton of offtime. But if no one play offtime... There's no magic here.

Removing T5 because it's not really needed well that's a whole other reason. 

But of course... who's gonna tell the server pride peeps? 

I recommend we delete WSR and spread everyone randomly to other worlds. Nobody care about WSR.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, krill.4902 said:

You WRONG!!

French here  on WSR, i speak engllish all playing session and correcting people who try to speak french, example : "omelette DU fromage" or it's "omelette AU fromage" .

"one swallow does not make a summer"

Edited by Mimizu.7340
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheIceman.1039 said:

WR should have solved this problem, but rather the problem is that the EU is one tier too many.

Agree - EU too split up.

A number of our guildies would love if Anet can re-introduce Pips in edge of the mists also.

24/7 WR beta when? I hope its a case of tweaking your algorithm then back to beta? *fingers crossed* Update us as soon as you can 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, asha.4159 said:

Agree - EU too split up.

A number of our guildies would love if Anet can re-introduce Pips in edge of the mists also.

Not EU, but do run into all maps queues in NA, so +10 from me. Would prefer to wait in WvW versus PvE. Plus I like the map so, +20. Lets get this done!!!

thx for nerfing mesmers. there are too many in wvw, so their quantity should be toned down, so even buff sticks could be useless. also willbenders self buffing and damage is pretty fine, but you can buff it a bit more🤦‍♂️

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:49 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I recommend we delete WSR and spread everyone randomly to other worlds. Nobody care about WSR.

Do you really want to play WITH those people? It's a good thing that they are quarantined on that server.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Haha 6

On 2/2/2024 at 2:29 PM, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Where's the problem? Teamspeak has benefits over Discord for some people. It's not rocket science to use. People who prefer TS usually have no problem with joining other commanders on Discord, why is it such a problem the other way around?

Ich spreche nicht Deutsch 

On 2/2/2024 at 2:29 PM, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Where's the problem? Teamspeak has benefits over Discord for some people. It's not rocket science to use. People who prefer TS usually have no problem with joining other commanders on Discord, why is it such a problem the other way around?

1 hour ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

1. Not all TS leads are German, there's even British people using TS.
2. Even when talking other languages between, the commands themselves are often the same as in English, except directions and speed. If you got an inkling, you'll manage to follow a commander in any language given you learn like... six words.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:53 PM, Chronardis.4028 said:

I'm puzzled as to why FoW has no link but Desolation and Baruch's Bay do. 🤔

Arenanet finally updated the population counts. Currently there are just 4 full servers in EU:
Whiteside Ridge
Fissure of Woe
Seafarer's Rest
Augury Rock

Baruch Bay is never marked full, because Arenanet doesn't want to close transfers to the only Spanish language server.

Desolation is classified as "very high", but clearly lacking players. We are now in last tier 5 and quite likely to lose the match up, even with a link! Outnumbered often on multiple maps. Primetime offers queue to just one map. There is clearly not enough players for all tiers and I would wish just 4 tiers in EU, then all servers could have a link.

I guess when determining population status Arenanet also counts those casual players who just log in to do their daily in WvWvW and then go to do other things. Compare that to a server who has a lot of hard core players, who stayed in WvWvW several hours per day. The activity levels are totally different.

World restructuring beta weeks were a mess, but at least then there was much more players than now.

44 minutes ago, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Baruch Bay is never marked full, because Arenanet doesn't want to close transfers to the only Spanish language server.

Why don't EU players test this assumption out and mass transfer to BB some time?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Pretty weird considering they're going to shuffling players all over regardless of language, and locking transfers when WR happens. 🤷‍♂️

Has anet stated this before somewhere? or are players just guessing?

11 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Has anet stated this before somewhere? or are players just guessing?

Anet said it, and I'm sure I read it in one of those old posts that you or Chaba (I don't know where you go to get them) rarely call back from beyond the grave. He defined BB as the only Spanish server in the EU, destined not to get a link with the trade-off of never getting full status. That was until a few months ago. Now perhaps things have changed.

For the EU player it is often complicated to consider the competitive part of this mode ''credible'' for precisely this reason. have 3 'special' servers each time, from a reading of this particularly broken mode.

If you solve this in the EU, the competitive aspect will jump light years in our parts, so much so that WR may be much less necessary.  Just my guess.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Anet said it, and I'm sure I read it in one of those old posts that you or Chaba (I don't know where you go to get them) rarely call back from beyond the grave. He defined BB as the only Spanish server in the EU, destined not to get a link with the trade-off of never getting full status. That was until a few months ago. Now perhaps things have changed.

For the EU player it is often complicated to consider the competitive part of this mode ''credible'' for precisely this reason. have 3 'special' servers each time, from a reading of this particularly broken mode.

If you solve this in the EU, the competitive aspect will jump light years in our parts, so much so that WR may be much less necessary.  Just my guess.

Ok found the post, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-8-26-2016/6308545

States they would never be linked because of the language restrictions, but not that they would never close, although I suppose that is implied since they are the only spanish server.

They "were" following language restrictions heavily back in the day, looks like they don't anymore given what's happened with WR beta, and now Baruch has a link.

The problem with EU is there's people that call for mixed links, and people who don't, so who's wishes does Anet follow?

Guess the answer will be make your own choice, make your guild of one language, or don't.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2024 at 5:51 PM, Atoclone.4810 said:

So it's a language problem, not a TS vs Discord issue. What does TS have to do with this then?

Also, you can't blame a group of people for speaking in their own native language, especially if we're talking about public tags done by a guild. They know eachother, they speak the same language, they want to have fun. Either accept having to hear non-English trashtalk (commands are usually in English), or don't join. No one forces you. Not using English in Teamchat is kinda rude, yeah, but some just aren't as comfortable using English in voice chats. It's especially a problem if it's the commander who isn't great at speaking the language.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Confused 1

On 2/5/2024 at 9:16 PM, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Arenanet finally updated the population counts. Currently there are just 4 full servers in EU:
Whiteside Ridge
Fissure of Woe
Seafarer's Rest
Augury Rock

Desolation is classified as "very high", but clearly lacking players. We are now in last tier 5 and quite likely to lose the match up, even with a link! Outnumbered often on multiple maps. Primetime offers queue to just one map. There is clearly not enough players for all tiers and I would wish just 4 tiers in EU, then all servers could have a link.

I guess when determining population status Arenanet also counts those casual players who just log in to do their daily in WvWvW and then go to do other things. Compare that to a server who has a lot of hard core players, who stayed in WvWvW several hours per day. The activity levels are totally different.

World restructuring beta weeks were a mess, but at least then there was much more players than now.

It's  the first week  after the relink, either way population balance won't  be great in any system atm, as you saw during the 8th beta, at least on the EU.

15 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

14 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Ok found the post, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-8-26-2016/6308545

States they would never be linked because of the language restrictions, but not that they would never close, although I suppose that is implied since they are the only spanish server.

They "were" following language restrictions heavily back in the day, looks like they don't anymore given what's happened with WR beta, and now Baruch has a link.

The problem with EU is there's people that call for mixed links, and people who don't, so who's wishes does Anet follow?

Guess the answer will be make your own choice, make your guild of one language, or don't.

13 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Hahaha you accepted the challenge xD

lol. Hence why I like you all. To those that just might be reading. If you are pondering joining Forum Wars 2. The answer is yes. Especially with the WR pending. FW2 is a great place to have fun and banter about GW2 when you aren't in game for whatever reason and a good place to cross region, meet new friends, argue, agree, be social, jibe and prep to meet other players from a diverse number of servers in the coming year.

+1 to you all.

• Like 1