My thoughts on updated pistol for elementalist

Arheundel.6451

yup, pistol feels like using a long kitten to throw at your targets... it's by far the worst weapon in the game, even engi pistol feels better after the latest QoL changes

the diversity of skills is also amazing...

fire 1 is a SHOT, fire 2 is a SHOT, fire 3 is an aoe SHOT
water 1 is a SHOT, water 2 is 5 SHOT! water 3 is a field (this one actually is kinda nice)
air 1 is a SHOT, air 2 is a SHOT, air 3 is A DASH AND A SHOT
earth 1 is a SHOT, earth 2 is a SHOT, earth 3 is a SHOT

when i was saying that pistol is by far the worst weapon an elementalist can have people disagreed... i hate to be proven right but this weapon feels horrible to use and has literally 0 imagination used to create it... i mean my expectations were low to begin with BUT GOD kitten!

Edited by RazieL.5684
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Yeah well, was pretty obvious from the beta what a disaster pistol will be. No point getting SotO for this, money saved, ty Anet. ☺️

Can you still bleed burst like in the beta? That was the only positive feature I found back there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Grain of salt since I haven't tried it myself yet, but the weapon really doesn't look fun. 😕

Regardless of how it's tuned, I don't understand what the appeal is supposed to be in having weapon skills, especially *defensives*, that don't fully function unless you prime them with their neighboring skill first. Not even normal attunement swapping has this problem because at least you can instantly use whatever skill set you're calling up in that moment.

It kinda looks like the weapon was designed to slightly mimic Weaver's gameplay disability, and I've never heard of anyone complaining about ele being too simple to play.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Scorching Shot: Reduced the burning duration from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvE only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.3 in PvE only.
  • Raging Ricochet: Reduced the burning from 2 stacks for 7 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds in PvE only.
  • Searing Salvo: Reduced the initial burning from 2 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 7 seconds in PvE only. Reduced the secondary burning from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvE only. Increased the missile velocity.

Nuked before even released xD. Why only for pve? I dont get it, the weapon is useless for every role^^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Visually unsatisfying projectiles, hard to keep track of bullets, niche that didn't need to be covered at all (ranged condi, that's what scepter is for). Waiting for next weapon update where hopefully we can have a ranged power weapon (staff revamp/longbow/rifle). Benchmark DPS number might save it, but I'm still not convinced it's fun to play. Wouldn't be surprised if someone got 44k damage with it and then they say: "numbers for elementalist pistol are a little higher than what we wanted to see" and subsequently release a patch with bullet points such as: 

• Scorching Shot: Reduced the burning duration from 1.5 seconds to 0.5 seconds in PvE only.
  • Raging Ricochet: Reduced the burning from 1 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 3 seconds in PvE only.

What a treat... Unnerf condi hammer tempest pls. 

Edited by Mascarun.7910
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Faebe.7341 said:
  • Scorching Shot: Reduced the burning duration from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvE only. Reduced the power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.3 in PvE only.
  • Raging Ricochet: Reduced the burning from 2 stacks for 7 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds in PvE only.
  • Searing Salvo: Reduced the initial burning from 2 stacks for 8 seconds to 1 stack for 7 seconds in PvE only. Reduced the secondary burning from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvE only. Increased the missile velocity.

Nuked before even released xD. Why only for pve? I dont get it, the weapon is useless for every role^^

I thought those nerfs were kind of funny when I was reading through the changes lol. Like what is pistol actually good at? They really felt the need to nerf a mediocre weapon the very day it released, and as always, there is little to no explanation for any of the changes. #salty 

Edited by Helgaley.3619
A word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

yup, pistol feels like using a long kitten to throw at your targets... it's by far the worst weapon in the game, even engi pistol feels better after the latest QoL changes

the diversity of skills is also amazing...

fire 1 is a SHOT, fire 2 is a SHOT, fire 3 is an aoe SHOT
water 1 is a SHOT, water 2 is 5 SHOT! water 3 is a field (this one actually is kinda nice)
air 1 is a SHOT, air 2 is a SHOT, air 3 is A DASH AND A SHOT
earth 1 is a SHOT, earth 2 is a SHOT, earth 3 is a SHOT

when i was saying that pistol is by far the worst weapon an elementalist can have people disagreed... i hate to be proven right but this weapon feels horrible to use and has literally 0 imagination used to create it... i mean my expectations were low to begin with BUT GOD kitten!

Welp, every projectile weapon would be
A short bow: shot
A long bow: shot
A rifle: shot

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

I'm trying to give it a shot (dohoho), but even if it ends up decent, it'll still be virtually unplayable without a proper UI for the bullets. It's just straight up impossible to keep track of them outside of anything but the most basic one-on-one solo situations. Plus it's like what is even the kittening point of learning 16-34 skill/bullet variants on this thing when it'll never even be allowed to bench more than 1k above the cVirt over there eating marbles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

I'm trying to give it a shot (dohoho), but even if it ends up decent, it'll still be virtually unplayable without a proper UI for the bullets. It's just straight up impossible to keep track of them outside of anything but the most basic one-on-one solo situations. Plus it's like what is even the kittening point of learning 16-34 skill/bullet variants on this thing when it'll never even be allowed to bench more than 1k above the cVirt over there eating marbles?

But marbles are so tasty!

• Like 2

My main complaint about it is that every pistol skill is either defensive or offensive so with dps in mind you would use the defensive skill first to prep a bullet for the offense right? Just so happens that every element has 3 as the defensive skill and 2 as the offensive one, except they reversed that for water just to make me sad. It almost had a fairly smooth rotation, almost.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't hate it but, it needs to be sped up i feel like engi rifle pre-rework, slow, clunky and it is kinda boring...devoid of magic ironically. Also its kinda weak at least from all the testing ive been doing, it can be alright but scepter will out do it in half the time so....

Edited by Skullsox.9162
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The flashbang and projectile animations are way out in front of my human character. I know we have some huge differences in the pistol barrel lengths now but the animation is about 6 feet in front of my character. With Dragonbone pistol) Also, so disappointed searing salvo makes your character throw a fireball now.  Launching a big meteor from the pistol was the main flavor of the weapon.  The earth 3 animation has a good weight to it though.

please switch the animation of fire 2 and 3.

11 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I mean, what you guys expected if from all that feedback they understood that animations were the biggest problem?

Tbh the animations still are, 12skills and what 5 animations? Even if it did the biggest DPS in the game it's still massively uninspiring 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pistol in pve seems heavily reliant on espec interactions to be able to output decent dmg. by itself (i.e. on core ele), poor autos make it a very mediocre "condi weapon" that has to abuse tempest overload/weaver burning rage proc spam in order to apply enough condi for it to be good

the nerfs to fire attunement severely hamper its base ability to ramp up dmg, often requiring more than 4 shots to do what dagger can in 1 fire breath or scepter in 2 auto swings. paired with coefficents that belong to a healing weapon, ele pistol is a bad pick for dealing with anything other than a hp sponge and trying to get 1k kills with it seems very bleak

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3