Mount Skins I would pay top dollar for:

1. Raptor - More dinosaur variants, closer to the Crested Plainsrunner & Trihorn. 
  2. Springer - A return to the Jackrabbit styles again. How have we not had a kangaroo version yet?
  3. Skimmer - More bird skins, ala the hummingbird. Potentially more shark variations as well, the hammerhead is great. 
  4. Jackal - Those wolf skins are amazing but we're missing things like horses , zebras, stags etc
  5. Griffon - Bats & Grand Lion are amazing, can we have knock off lite versions?
  6. Roller Beetle - Staghorn beetles, Rhino & Atlas beetles! More beetles more good. Shocked we haven't had a dung beetle yet.
  7. Warclaw - Battle Bears! Battle Bison!
  8. Skyscale - Loving the Manticore range, but can we have one without feathers?
  9. Siege Turtle that has dyeable cannons and no flashy particle effects. Literally, the bar is so low on this one, just give me the option to dye the cannons

This is an odd post I know, but Anet won't know what I actually want to purchase unless I tell them.

How about you? What would you like to see?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'm with you especially on more just ordinary Siege Turtle options that include dyable cannons. If I were to request another bird option for the Skimmer, I think a puffin-inspired creature could be fun. They're colourful and they're seabirds known for flying and swimming, so perhaps a bit less jarring when it goes underwater (implemented after the hummingbird skin was brought in I do believe). To accompany the Prehistoric Siege Turtle, I'd like to suggest more dinosaurs here, such as ankylosaurs and stegosaurids.

I'm also a big fan of funky fantasy animals. I love the Gallant Lightbearer and the Oceanic Vulpine for example.

Also worth bringing up (I'm sure others will too): sylvan hound, "charr tank" Siege Turtle, UFO-flavoured Synergetics Siege Turtle.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

To accompany the Prehistoric Siege Turtle, I'd like to suggest more dinosaurs here, such as ankylosaurs and stegosaurids.

Also worth bringing up (I'm sure others will too): sylvan hound, "charr tank" Siege Turtle, UFO-flavoured Synergetics Siege Turtle.

10/10 all of these ideas.

I'd also just love a different Turtle Turret, the jade dragon on the front does nothing and many other mounts have different saddles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VaegaVic.6394 said:

10/10 all of these ideas.

I'd also just love a different Turtle Turret, the jade dragon on the front does nothing and many other mounts have different saddles. 

Yes! I know Siege Turtles are very much a Canthan thing, but we're not in Cantha anymore, so getting some visual variety here wouldn't hurt. The plush one's great for that, replacing all the computery bits with toys and games. Asura (for more than just the SAB one) and charr-themed gadgetry would be wonderful, even on otherwise ordinary looking Siege Turtles. Looking at the different options we do have in game, I just noticed the Prehistoric one doesn't have the dragon, but does have the rest of the Canthan saddle design.

I do realise if they stray too far away from computer bits up around the player that would potentially require some new animations though, else the PC might just look fidgety rather than "purposefully aligning cannons" and whatnot.

Good ideas there OP!

I'd like to see all dragons in game as a skyscale skin at some point.  A looooong Mordremoth skyscale skin; skyscales that actually look like the elder dragons. More variety! All of them seem to look like the same one, with 5-6 face variations.

I really want a saltspray dragon skin 😊

I'd like to see dyeable mount projectiles as well at some point. If i'm rolling around on a bubblegum stargaze skyscale; I wanna shoot bubblegum fireballs too!

Edited by iceryan.2516
  • Like 5

The skyscales you see in Amnytas are REALLY cool and I'd love to have it.
Wiki says it uses the Stormscale skin, but it's not entirely true. The glowing shader on the NPC's body is different from that of the mount (the one on the NPC covers the whole body, it's MUCH brighter and it's stylistically quite different); also, the mount's model can't tint the glow and the electric arcs indipendently, whereas the NPC can (the electric arcs are blue, the glow is yellow)

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, anninke.7469 said:

Full set of sylvari themed mouts would be the key to my treasure vault.

Agreed! Sylvan hound jackal skin has been my dream for years at this point. ❤️ But imagine a woven tangle of branches adorned with flowers for a skimmer, or one of the "feathered" raptor skins where the feathers are long leaves...

Also, some kind of horse skin for the jackal would be amazing; we got the kirin a while back and that was awesome.

• Like 3

• ArenaNet Staff
9 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Also, some kind of horse skin for the jackal would be amazing; we got the kirin a while back and that was awesome.

A what now?

H... orse? I'll check around and see if anyone on the team is familiar with this. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19
  • Confused 1

- Sylvari(plants and stuff) and Charr(gears and metal) themed mounts, because we already have Norn and Asura ones. For Humans maybe some extra regal looking ones idk hoo-mans are boring.
- Basic Skins with emblems of the Orders, the Pact etc.

While not technically a mount, I would love to have a charr themed airboat skiff skin.

• Like 6

Just now, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

A what now?

H... orse? I'll check around and see if anyone on the team is familiar with this. 🤔

I've heard it's a semi-mythical creature in Tyria, wandering the land invisibly. The Mad King Thorn even tamed one and named it Mr. Gum Drops! Or...he says he did, but since it's invisible nobody can see it...well, I'm not going to say he's a liar. He might hear me.

They say if you stand on one foot, spin around three times, and chant "horse" into a mirror, it will pull your cart for you, then leave it perfectly parked with some centaur-like hoofprints nearby! (See the carts near the Queensdale hunting lodge for proof. They exist! I know it! I'm not crazy!!1!) These creatures seem friendly enough...surely our mighty Command--Wayfind--Grand Pooh-bah can tame such a steed? 🤔

• Haha 5

Kakapo springer skin.

I like how we have some other endangered animals like the Pangolin (correction: it is an armadillo but with many Pangolin-ish features) beetle and Manatee skimmer. It spreads awareness.

Kakapo springer skin.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Kakapo springer skin.

I like how we have some other endangered animals like the Pangolin beetle and Manatee skimmer. It spreads awareness.

Kakapo springer skin.

An endangered animal charity collab with a few mount skins would probably 1) sell a few gems beause cutesy animals and 2) collect a fair amount of charity money because cutesy animals. Would gel well with the community of the game I'd wager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
1 hour ago, Batel.9206 said:

They say if you stand on one foot, spin around three times, and chant "horse" into a mirror, it will pull your cart for you, then leave it perfectly parked with some centaur-like hoofprints nearby! (See the carts near the Queensdale hunting lodge for proof. They exist! I know it! I'm not crazy!!1!) These creatures seem friendly enough...surely our mighty Command--Wayfind--Grand Pooh-bah can tame such a steed? 🤔

Oh no you don't. I'm not falling for that a second time. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Batel.9206 said:

I've heard it's a semi-mythical creature in Tyria, wandering the land invisibly. The Mad King Thorn even tamed one and named it Mr. Gum Drops! Or...he says he did, but since it's invisible nobody can see it...well, I'm not going to say he's a liar. He might hear me.

i think those creatures might be have something to do with these weird birds

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

An endangered animal charity collab with a few mount skins would probably 1) sell a few gems beause cutesy animals and 2) collect a fair amount of charity money because cutesy animals. Would gel well with the community of the game I'd wager.

I like this idea. Got me thinking about pandas and other bears that are in a vulnerable state and how we don't have any bear mounts yet. Could make a great Warclaw. And yay for shaggy parrot!

For skiffs, I have two thoughts. 1., no sylvari-specific concepts have been done yet. The simplest concept here could be a big ol' leaf done up in the shape of a canoe. Bonus points if it glows at night! 2., for a sillier/less serious concept, how about a paper boat? Especially if it still makes motorboat noises.

• Like 5