Next weapon for Revenant

Tobias.4975

6 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

I wouldn't say it's terrible it just doesn't offer anything we need, and the overlap actually hurts than helps in the end. Though I do find it amusing watching all these videos trying to squeeze blood from a stone with the scepter, the only build I think it would do any good is not ever going to be accepted as a healer in PvE (aka vindicator).

It could complement bunker/bruiser builds but getting any use out of it is tedious. No idea why it even needs to separate between friendly/enemy target, when it could just do the same thing as Specter's shroud does and be ground targetted. Even then, the cast animations are way too slow even with quickness and both the debuffs and damage are too low impact for me to see any use out of it.

• Confused 1

Just now, Player.2475 said:

It could complement bunker/bruiser builds but getting any use out of it is tedious. No idea why it even needs to separate between friendly/enemy target, when it could just do the same thing as Specter's shroud does and be ground targetted. Even then, the cast animations are way too slow even with quickness and both the debuffs and damage are too low impact for me to see any use out of it.

Spectre requires you to pick ally or foe targeting and why it's not a very good healing spec. I am not a fan of choosing friend or foe target on the scepter, and definitely not a fan of it being a melee weapon but I am not really saying it's terrible. It just doesn't fit the overall design of GW2 it's more like someone pulled an idea from WoW or FF14 and thought it would work here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Spectre requires you to pick ally or foe targeting and why it's not a very good healing spec. I am not a fan of choosing friend or foe target on the scepter, and definitely not a fan of it being a melee weapon but I am not really saying it's terrible. It just doesn't fit the overall design of GW2 it's more like someone pulled an idea from WoW or FF14 and thought it would work here.

I meant the fact that it auto-selects a target if none is specified, so it could be cast either on your nearest ally or ideally yourself. Ironically from my experience with specter, that sort of playstyle works better with single target offensive, but is a nightmare for healer/defense. I agree it breaks the flow of the game, kind of, doesn't fit well with the combat to choose both allies and enemies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Player.2475 said:

It could complement bunker/bruiser builds but getting any use out of it is tedious. 

Is a support weapon in a game in which their developers don't want tank builds (pvp) and which will never be competitive against other support healers (Druids, Scourges, Mechanists.. ) at PvE. A pure exertion of futility. And from the artistic point of view, while I appreciate the efforts of ANet of breaking archetypes developing mele weapons which hit at range (as Mesmer's greatsword or Rev's Hammer) there's a point at which all that originality just becomes silly (and oftenly useless). Would be a condition mele longbow our next kitten?

I crafted Metheorologicus knowing that Rev's scepter would probably suck, but I did it because thanx to the Wizzard Vault the whole cost was like 250 gold coins and my Guardians could make some use of that weapon. But I have 0 hype about new weapons or specs, since I think the game is already bloated of dull weapons, useless traits and specs no one touches.

Why I would want a new power ranged weapon when hammer was good at some time in the past? Why I would want new dps weapons when swords and greatsword used to be decent at that? Aside from a second condi mele set (or maybe a cc focused weapon) Rev already has every square covered; is just that most of the weapons are in a mediocre state. Whe don't new new mediocre ones to fill no role and deliver no joy.

I entirely agree with the previous coment of "people trying to get blood from stones" thing: 2 or 3 of the last weapons are good, the rest are trash and seeing creators trying to force them into functional builds is both hilarious and sad. Is such a shame that ANet releases all those beauty gem skins as the new shield but even if I would want to support the game purchasing it wouldn't make sense since in 3 Revenants and 14 gear templates I don't have a single build fro my main class which uses a shield, at all...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 5:30 AM, Tobias.4975 said:

Less then half a year starts the next addon. So it's time to speculate about the new weapons we will get.

Today, i found something about the possible Focus on reddit, that inspired me to go further.

Making Focus a Summoner weapon. With skill 4 you  open a rift and invoke a pet depending on your curent legend, making it a flipskill with a petbased spell (a bit like the elementalist elite pets)

Skill 5 can be a buffing roar, damaging aura, destructive singletarget spell, etc (depending on curent summon). around the pet (or around you, if no summon was invoked).

Your pet will always hit your target, so no petcontrol needed.

What do you think we will get?

dual daggers please

Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 7

On 4/3/2024 at 5:09 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

yea, it would be nice have some other off hand with a new main hand weapon.

And that they fix scepter too, many gave good feedback they should use

Scepter is a weapon that seems it was designed for WvW, and that's about it. It might fit a Vindicator, if they had boon support, but guess what.

And yes, dual daggers, because having another set of weapons dedicated to melee condition would be nice, a potential ambush build, as well as the fact Revenants have been using a dagger in their art in the background of this forum for a long time now but we've never had access to dagger.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:09 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

And that they fix scepter too, many gave good feedback they should use

There's nothing to fix in the scepter. I mean, the scepter is not a good weapon and Rev is not a good healer the same as Vindi is not a good dps, so why even try? Instead they should try to fix the lame base weapons because ouside the trident there's PLENTY of things going off in them. And to be fair, I don't care too much about it (the class if functional enough for me to play it at the game modes I enjoy), but honestly the 2/3 of the new SotO weapons are a total waste of time, entirely unneeded paste of recycled past animations and stolen effects. I don't want "new" weapons using old skills from professions I don't play... 

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

There's nothing to fix in the scepter. I mean, the scepter is not a good weapon and Rev is not a good healer the same as Vindi is not a good dps, so why even try? Instead they should try to fix the lame base weapons because ouside the trident there's PLENTY of things going off in them. And to be fair, I don't care too much about it (the class if functional enough for me to play it at the game modes I enjoy), but honestly the 2/3 of the new SotO weapons are a total waste of time, entirely unneeded paste of recycled past animations and stolen effects. I don't want "new" weapons using old skills from professions I don't play... 

Is this a late april fools joke or something? Vindi is not a good DPS? Power Vindi benches over Condi Virt and thanks to how Vindi works they don't have to spend much time out of melee. Also, I don't think at best a third of the weapons needing a buff constitutes 2/3rds. Just because the weapons were more focused on support and not DPS doesn't make them bad. This idea that Vindicator is inferior is just a bizarre take, especially since the trait people are bemoaning, imperial impact, was not for DPS.

Reminding me of someone who was trying to say that herald sucks as boon dps support now and tried to claim renegade was superior.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Is this a late april fools joke or something? Vindi is not a good DPS? Power Vindi benches over Condi Virt and thanks to how Vindi works they don't have to spend much time out of melee.

Did the new CM Strike looked like an Aprils Fool joke to you? If we are talking about instanced content, yes the Vindicator does roughly the same dps as a Virtuoso, at mele range against a piñata. If the target moves or has mechanics that require you to go away to stay alive then the dps can't compare since one keeps delivering huge amounts of damage at range while dealing with mechanics whereas the other one stops doing dps. And that's why if a fight is hard choosing Vindi won't happen. If fact didn't happen in 9 days of top teams grinding the strike with 10 character slot available, not single Vindi was used.

If we are talking about open world then I think that any (power) choice besides Ranger (SB/U), Reaper or Bladesworn is a bad one since those have both damage and sustain, whereas the Vindicator lacks the later. Virtu isn't also that great there since is mainly good at single targets. 

So far the only new weapons with a degree of success are War's staff, Ranger's maces and Mesmer's rifle. Engie's short bow worked well against all ods in the EU MAT, tho.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 4

On 4/9/2024 at 6:15 PM, Buran.3796 said:

Did the new CM Strike looked like an Aprils Fool joke to you? If we are talking about instanced content, yes the Vindicator does roughly the same dps as a Virtuoso, at mele range against a piñata. If the target moves or has mechanics that require you to go away to stay alive then the dps can't compare since one keeps delivering huge amounts of damage at range while dealing with mechanics whereas the other one stops doing dps. And that's why if a fight is hard choosing Vindi won't happen. If fact didn't happen in 9 days of top teams grinding the strike with 10 character slot available, not single Vindi was used.

If we are talking about open world then I think that any (power) choice besides Ranger (SB/U), Reaper or Bladesworn is a bad one since those have both damage and sustain, whereas the Vindicator lacks the later. Virtu isn't also that great there since is mainly good at single targets. 

So far the only new weapons with a degree of success are War's staff, Ranger's maces and Mesmer's rifle. Engie's short bow worked well against all ods in the EU MAT, tho.

And people since then have been doing it without the 6 virt strat since that was done for the portals not the range but sure keep using that one as your only call point. I mean they were playing it super safe, the fact they had a scourge and druid, for rescues. That should say a lot on the comp design was being used and a well played vindi can actually ignore quite a number of mechanics just like now a well played Chrono support can literally ignore mechanics with multiple aegis vectors and practically unlimited stability. The first beat does not mean that's the only way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Double dagger with 450/600 range would be really cool, or perhaps more GW1 assassin style gaming with deadly arts.

Nonetheless, as long as with next Revenant weapon/s we'll get full 5 weapon skills I will be happy. Even if it's going to be MH axe and OH mace.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 7:02 PM, Frozey.8513 said:

Double dagger with 450/600 range would be really cool, or perhaps more GW1 assassin style gaming with deadly arts.

Nonetheless, as long as with next Revenant weapon/s we'll get full 5 weapon skills I will be happy. Even if it's going to be MH axe and OH mace.

That is an interesting concept.

Why main hand weapons only have 3 skills and one is forced to use a offhand, it would be interesting for every main hand weapon to have 5 skills being the offhand a way to alternative setup.

It is interestin but all know how it would end... more boon and condi spam :) nothing else.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:01 AM, mirage.8046 said:

focus, because why the heck not? channel energy into your focus to punch them, knock them back, or daze them. it could be a mix between magic and brawl. I wouldn't be opposed to main-hand axe either.

It reminds me a bit of the Tremor Gauntlet from Darksiders😄

16 hours ago, Gazrul.3086 said:

Either dual daggers or a longbow. I'd love to use Pharus on my revenant. 

Longbow but used as a melee weapon where you swing it at people and you shoot someone with arrows at melee-mid range. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 10:58 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

Longbow but used as a melee weapon where you swing it at people and you shoot someone with arrows at melee-mid range. 

Cause innovation and marketing shenanigans and it was never done before in a mmo!

<insert doge dog meme>

Edited by Aeolus.3615

5 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Cause innovation and marketing shenanigans and it was never done before in a mmo!

<insert doge dog meme>

It's only revenant that gets nonsense like this too.

"Hey Anet would it be cool if we got a support weapon that can compliment Shield for PvE encounters that could fill for Staff? Staff kinda not hot for healing from range."

"Best I can do is melee. Also you're still rooted with Shield 5 but at least it heals in AoE now"

I'll not even be surprised or mad if Revenant gets the first set of Dual Pistols that performs Gunkata in melee range. 

• Like 2

I don't think a 1500 longbow would be very likely unless it's a defensive or support weapon. If it's power or condi it'd just supersede either hammer or shortbow, and since no 1500 condi or support weapons exist it'd probably be power.

1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

It's only revenant that gets nonsense like this too.

Mesmer started it with greatsword before Rev tbh but yeah everything needing to be unconventional is a bit overdone at this point.
It's neat in moderation but I don't think scepter as a lightsaber hit that well when it could have been a kit built around 600 or 900 range support, something to match like druid staff or mesmer rifle, that kinda thing.

4 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Mesmer started it with greatsword before Rev

Yea forgot Mesmer GS, maybe cos all their weapons are functionally sound and actually not bad at all. 

Rev's are just clunk beyond clunk