Make the GWAMM title have special font colors

I do not see the point of adding additional account value for people who played a different game a decade or more ago. The initial purpose of pursuing all of those gw1 titles, namely keeping people engaged so that they were more likely to buy gw2,  has been fulfilled. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I do not see the point of adding additional account value for people who played a different game a decade or more ago. The initial purpose of pursuing all of those gw1 titles, namely keeping people engaged so that they were more likely to buy gw2,  has been fulfilled. 

you're kidding right, these are litterally gw1 veterans who came to gw2. what do you care if they're rewarded with a font color lol.  there would be no gw2 if it wasnt for us.

you can still go earn gwamm today, so go play gw1 and get it yourself

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

oh well you can make my legendary spvp titles colorful too, since those are by far prestigious enough to warrant that,  I know its hard to get these titles as they require skill, so there's no reason not to make them colorful,

I noticed they already made Ultimate dominator title for WVW colorful in red, thats just killing 250k players, which can be done with time and pressing 1 in a zerg.  Surely spvp legend titles should be colored in, especially the original spvp titles back when spvp was very competitive and had esport backing.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

you're kidding right, these are litterally gw1 veterans who came to gw2. what do you care if they're rewarded with a font color lol.  there would be no gw2 if it wasnt for us.

Not sure that I would want to get it again.

Its been going on 12 years. I am over rewards I earned in a completely different game....aren't you?

And it wasnt just GWAMM that funded GW2, it was all GW1 purchasers. I dont ask for special rewards when I buy a coke now just because I drank a lot of it decades ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

53 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Not sure that I would want to get it again.

Its been going on 12 years. I am over rewards I earned in a completely different game....aren't you?

And it wasnt just GWAMM that funded GW2, it was all GW1 purchasers. I dont ask for special rewards when I buy a coke now just because I drank a lot of it decades ago.

um no im not over it, if anything i think they should reward veterans more, especially gw1 veterans as they've been playing the game longer than anyone working at anet to this day, they also financially supported the game to make it what it is today, so I think some gratitude from a corporation for that is warranted.

Well how nice that you don't ask for special rewards, I do, and I hope that my brand loyalty is rewarded or I can easily move to another company/brand/product that does reward it.  IF they dont value or appreciate their business then why dont we just go some place that does?

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

so I think some gratitude from a corporation for that is warranted

Which has already been provided. We have access to skins and titles that no one who did not play GW1 can ever have. 

And, do remember that someone who came on board the game in 2015 could very well have supported the game and studio far more than someone who got their GWAMM back in 2010. There is nothing inherent to having the GWAMM title that indicates a level of financial support for the company beyomd buying GW1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Which has already been provided. We have access to skins and titles that no one who did not play GW1 can ever have. 

And, do remember that someone who came on board the game in 2015 could very well have supported the game and studio far more than someone who got their GWAMM back in 2010. There is nothing inherent to having the GWAMM title that indicates a level of financial support for the company beyomd buying GW1.

ITs about player loyalty, and companies valuing their long time, dedicated player base and consumers. Pretty standard things in business.  Why you're not on the side of being more rewarded as a dedicated consumer I'll never understand, it seems highly suspicious to me.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Ohh great, Lumpix asking for free stuff in yet another topic, how creative.

On infusion topic You screamed how new players are alienated by not being given fractal 5+9 infusions for free and in this one You ask for more things to be given to You that one could get only by playing totally another game. Charming. 

You bought gw1. You have the right to play it. You did, and had a pleasure to enjoy it for many years. The pleasure You bought. If You bought any cosmetics there than You got a pleasure to enjoy them as well. HotM rewards are the ANet's good will to reward You for supporting them, they didn't have a responsibility to give You anything, and yet they did. They gave You skins, titles, ap ect.

Demanding from them more, just becouse You see other rewards as more shiny is just... entitled, repulsive... just wrong.

As they say... give a finger, they will take a whole hand.

Edit. Ohh yea, just for the record. I got to play gw1 just to get stuff from HotM, after gw2 has been already up and running. I paid for gw1, I enjoyed it cuz it's a great game too. Do I demand more stuff out of kindness now? No. 

Edited by Biziut.3594
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

I want a potato salad recipe. And I want a potato salad achievement with title display for feeding the most orphans with potato salad on potato salad day. Oh, and make it a shiny title, of course, so everyone can see how much I cherish potato salad.

Edited by Maria Murtor.7253
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

It is not a remarkable feat, but rather that many perceive this accolade as significant within Guild Wars 2. Refrain from assigning GWAMM any significance.

The value of GWAMM varies; achieving it before GW2's game’s release signifies genuine gameplay, whereas acquiring it afterwards often reflects a pursuit for the title itself, indicative of compulsion rather than accomplishment; hence, IMO it does not deserve a unique colour.

P.S. Personally, I possess the title, but never display it.  I achieved GWAMM prior to GW2 release and enjoyed achieving it. Still, my preference leans towards ‘Champion of the Gods’ 🙂It is more Lore friendly!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Look at all these Anet employees and paid Anet players rushing in here

/s

Well, if we’re all Anet employees, I must have missed the memo about my paycheck! 😄 But seriously, it’s great to see a passionate community that’s as engaged and active as the developers themselves. It shows how much people care about the game.

Be polite.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

playing the game longer than anyone working at anet to this day

Colin Johanson, Rubi Bayer, Matthew Medina, Joe Kimmes, John Corpening, Bobby Stein, Stephen Clarke-Willson, Aaron Coberly, Katy Hargrove, Elijah Miller, and more would like a word with you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vavume.8065 said:

What's next? someone going to demand rainbow color title for owning Bitfrost?

I want a Unicorn mount just for making the Dreamer with a rainbow color Title saying "annoying to be around" and whenever I take a step I want the Unicorn's neighs. I'm a GW veteran, I deserve it.

13 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

And thus we have titles, skins and whatnot in GW2, don't forget that Anet already has rewards for people who play GW1 or played GW1 before GW2. So pipe down with the entitlement that you should be thanked for buying GW1, because if that's the case Anet should be carrying me around on a throne in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I hope you know that these veterans are the reason Guild wars 2 even have a playerbase as they have now

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Ohh great, Lumpix asking for free stuff in yet another topic, how creative.

On infusion topic You screamed how new players are alienated by not being given fractal 5+9 infusions for free and in this one You ask for more things to be given to You that one could get only by playing totally another game. Charming. 

You bought gw1. You have the right to play it. You did, and had a pleasure to enjoy it for many years. The pleasure You bought. If You bought any cosmetics there than You got a pleasure to enjoy them as well. HotM rewards are the ANet's good will to reward You for supporting them, they didn't have a responsibility to give You anything, and yet they did. They gave You skins, titles, ap ect.

Demanding from them more, just becouse You see other rewards as more shiny is just... entitled, repulsive... just wrong.

As they say... give a finger, they will take a whole hand.

Edit. Ohh yea, just for the record. I got to play gw1 just to get stuff from HotM, after gw2 has been already up and running. I paid for gw1, I enjoyed it cuz it's a great game too. Do I demand more stuff out of kindness now? No. 

why are you opposed to more things for your account as a consumer and player of the game lol?  What your're on the side of getting nothing?  Is that evern a side?  It makes no sense

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Only if "Champion of the Gods" receives one, too. 😁

yah it tottally should!..  I mean they give it to lame titles like ultimate dominator or im rich you know for paying a lousy 3000 gold which you can buy with a credit card, but GWAMM and champion of the gods and legendary SPVP titles dont get it lol.  Give me a break.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1