Thoughts about GW3 [Merged]

11 minutes ago, Kalythsu.8350 said:

GW3 has to be a new continent, with new races, and we have to start with something new and unheard of in terms of maps and stories (the kind that takes place in parallel to GW2 but on another continent). Why not reconnect with the gameplay of GW1 under a newer graphic.

GW3 will be set 100s of years in the future. The spacefaring races of Tyria will launch out into the stars to find the homeworld of the Tyrian gods. Taimi will have been made into an AI companion that will follow the PC and solve all of the problems of the universe for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Kalythsu.8350 said:

GW3 has to be a new continent, with new races, and we have to start with something new and unheard of in terms of maps and stories (the kind that takes place in parallel to GW2 but on another continent). Why not reconnect with the gameplay of GW1 under a newer graphic.

GW3 could also predate the events of GW1 with few hundred years. I would be totally hyped to get a high fantasy MMO without any of the mecha stuff being added in there, as GW2 already struggles to make both science and magic co-existing together believable for the player. Also maybe then we would get a new longbow profession more often than once every 10 years! 😂

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Hello all, 
GW2 is a fantastic game, and most of us here likely agree and have enjoyed thousands of hours over the year. GW2 currently has more class depth and variability than others. It has entertaining combat that implements skill-based dodges and timing, with industry-leading mobility and features like mounts and open-world activities. If they are developing GW3, we should be excited to expand upon it and enjoy the next phase of Tyria. I have more than 5 thousand hours played, nearly entirely legendary, and have enjoyed my time very, very much. That said, the game will still be fun and available to play. Reading about some people who are so concerned about the permanence of the game that they will stop playing seems like an emotional response. GW2 is remarkable, and you can keep blasting. We will likely get a nod if they carry the achievement system or something similar, as they did for GW1 players. I am eager and excited about the potential of GW3! I would gladly trade all my legendaries and rewards to experience the new Tyria! Let's get excited about the potential and what features they should carry over. 
We have so many classes if you count e-specs which could be stand-alone. Which ones do we bring over? Of course, the combat, mount system, and open world (hidden puzzles, JPs, mini-dungeons, open-world bosses, etc), and the wardrobe system (you can create nearly anything, extremally fun and allows for next level of creativity). Hell, yes, the best! We can refine and adjust our PvE goals, redefine professions/roles, and have portions of our open world maps be the new zones... IDK, but a new Tyria is not just exciting; it's a thrilling prospect I eagerly await. That said, I will be blasting and having fun in GW2, and I hope to see you all there! 
Get excited gamers. 
Very best, 
RelentlessNights

Edited by lxrelentlessxl.4156
  • Like 8
  • Confused 5

I see no need for a GW3, unless it's a new engine to keep using the database that is the heart of GW2.

A completely new MMO will cheese off a lot of players, I think.

I still haven't finished LW4, and haven't started on the story that's after that.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember Adam Osborne effectively killing his company and demand for his first and only computer on the market, the Osborne 1, when he announced that new things were coming?

The Osborne Effect

Edited by Nahd.2861
  • Like 9
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, purp.1806 said:

Here's another article regarding its development that I found after searching in Korean.

The update states that NCSoft corrected the statement:

"Guild Wars 3 is still under consideration, and the start of development has not been finalized."

This article also showcases the updated statement as above.

So now you can all relax.

Thank you purp, so GW3 is not even what's diverting resources from GW2 right now.

• Confused 1

Imagine pouring countless hours into achieving milestones like obtaining the God of War title or acquiring the elusive Pinata infusion, only to learn that the servers are being shut down.

This game was built on the foundation of accumulation; whether it be items, achievements, or experiences, each represents a significant investment of time. Time is a non-renewable resource, and the last thing any player wants is to feel that their dedication has been in vain. It's a betrayal of the trust and commitment players have shown to the game.

For ArenaNet, this news echoes the Legendary Relic fiasco, but amplified tenfold. It raises questions about their foresight and consideration for their player base. How is everyone going to feel if we hear something like, "We plan to compensate our loyal GW2 players when GW3 launches!"  

In my opinion, if GW3 was an MMO that would be a serious miscalculation on the part of Anet and NCsoft.   It would disregard the years of investment and passion players have poured into the game, undermining the very foundation of their MMO community.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Imagine pouring countless hours into achieving milestones like obtaining the God of War title or acquiring the elusive Pinata infusion, only to learn that the servers are being shut down.

GW1 is still running. I wouldn't expect GW2 to shut down.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

If Anet doesn't talk about these rumors that seem to be true, then GW3 is on the way and I, like many, am not going to invest my time/money in a game that is not going to receive more attention

Good news NCsoft, be careful with your words

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Its a disaster for PR for GW2. If anouncement was made to boost NCsoft stocks a bit, then its short time vision. Everyone knows that Anet barely can handle GW2 and now parallel develpment of GW3? If all this is true they will loose  GW2 customers

• Like 9
  • Confused 4

So many games that get labeled "in development" or "greenlit" never see the light of day. It seems to me that a lot of unfounded presumptions are being made about something that may never happen or, even if it does, could be a decade away.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, DannyPA.8647 said:

So many games that get labeled "in development" or "greenlit" never see the light of day. It seems to me that a lot of unfounded presumptions are being made about something that may never happen or, even if it does, could be a decade away.

And going from GW2 to GW3 doesn't magically fix everything that is wrong with GW2, or magically make every player's dream come true for the new version.

...or magically release Alliances. Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Antrix.4512 said:

If we assume that this is true - ANet is not the kind of company that could handle two games at once; they barely manage with one. They would have to either completely abandon GW2 or have someone else work on the new game. And if someone else were to work on GW3, "whatever comes out" would never be remotely as remarkable and amazing as GW2 (considering also its flaws).

They haven't been able to handle managing two. GW1 is just existing. They keep the servers on, thats about it. The biggest thing GW1 saw in terms of an update was several years ago where it got some new graphics settings to facilitate some of the newer things in that space.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Antrix.4512 said:

What proof do you need? The fact that they can't "properly" handle with only one game? Look at the hundreds of bugs they don't fix for years. Look at the constant problems with launching even simple events, not to mention something major like an expansion. Wasn't the last weekly event enough for you? And there's nothing complicated there; the problem is obvious - achievements are not received by those who have already got them before, but absolutely no one checked anything before launching the event itself. So I'll repeat - ANet won't be able to handle two games because they can't even properly handle with one.

What mmo developers can handle having more than one MMORPG than? Because they all have bugs 🐛, yet many studios still make multiple MMORPGs. That's never stopped ️ them before. 

• Confused 2