Thoughts about GW3 [Merged]

2 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Do you think that the CEO of NCsoft wouldnt know if a AAA MMORPG that will likely cost them 200 million euros and 6 years of development is not in the works, to confirm Arenanet is currently working on GW3?

Did you miss the posts about Guild Wars 3 only being considered? 

@purp.1806 posted:

NCSoft corrected the statement in an update:
"Guild Wars 3 is still under consideration, and the start of development has not been finalized."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@purp.1806 posted:

"Guild Wars 3 is still under consideration, and the start of development has not been finalized."

Of course it was a total mistake from NCsoft CEO to announce this, GW2 community and earnings are gonna tank now. GW3 is very far from ready, theres no hall of monuments or anything.

They are gonna try to make it seem like they are just focused on GW2 so people keep buying stuff and playing while they quietly work in GW3.

What do you think its the 2022 unnanounced project they are working on that is a MMORPG under UE5 with already stablished fantasy IP, with leaks of assets from gw2 being moved into unreal engine 5 etc is...? that they are doing Aion 2 or that its GW3 that has already being leaked lol?

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Thundabolt.8541 said:

GW2 is old. Really old. The engine is old, the graphics are old

The engine gets updated and expanded continuously.
It's like calling the internet old. Yes, it has a certain age technically, but it's not like the engine is on the same level as it was in 2012.

The graphic is an odd topic though.
While old content has old graphics, new content always gets the newest graphics.
This way the latest expansion has graphics that are modern for 2024.
PoF has graphics that are modern for 2017.
Most core Tyria graphics are modern for 2012.

But tbf, even the core maps are still good to look at.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@purp.1806 posted:

I don't think that feedback like this theme will be bad for them. At least ANet can think about how to make a correct transit from GW2 to GW3 and don't lose a lot of audience because they lost everything they gained in GW2 and they already tired of doing it all over again. Horizontal progression is what keeps many people playing GW2.

Not many people like to play games like FIFA and pay/lose progress again and again.

Edited by Petrified.9826
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@purp.1806 posted:

One statement was from a meeting with shareholders reported by a financial site that had someone present there. The other was a PR message. Which do you think is more likely to be more honest?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Let's kittening hope gw3 is not happening. 

If we get a official information from Anet that gw3 is in development, i probably stop playing gw2. 

No point. 

Also, I'm not gonna start a new MMO again. 

Seriously. I was looking forward to tonight's raids with my guild. 

But now I don't even feel like login in. 

Exactly my thoughts too. No point spending more time and money on a dying 12 year old mmo knowing it will be gone and replaced soon.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@purp.1806 posted:

You got a link for this statement? 

ok found it https://www.businesspost.co.kr/BP?command=article_view&num=347188#:~:text=측은 주총 후 “-,길드워3,-프로젝트는 검토 중인

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Petrified.9826 said:

WoW will not be forever too, but if you played from 2004 you still have items from that time, you still have achievements from 2008, mounts from that time, wardrobe which you collected.

I think what many people, and me too,  are afraid of is that people will divide between two games and ANet will just close GW2 and wipe almost all that we did in GW2. I don't want my time spent in GW2 to become a few titles in GW3

I hear you. I'd miss skills, characters, and skins from gw2. He'll I'm still salty about the loss of my precious hexes from gw1.

Honestly I think we're more likely to see GW2(and GW1) close up without a GW3. It's a bit different for WoW. That game broke out of the gaming scene to be a cultural event. It has a large amount in subscription fees alone to fund its development. This is to say nothing of how much funding is available from the same studios other projects.  

How many Anet salaries are covered by monthly gem sales these days? (Legit question on if we have any data on this.) If the gw2 player base drops we'll probably see gw2 stay up because the cost to keep it running is cheaper (less server stress). Plus if they do a HoM style transfer you get periodic new blood. It's kind of surprising how many Gwamm's started with gw2 first.

• Confused 3

GW3 would need to be way different than current GW2 to make any sense, from player and business perspective. Just like GW1 and GW2 are far from beeing the same game. If GW3 is just GW2 with better graphics and less content, who would buy that? And if GW3 indeed has its own target audience why should they end GW2? They could have kept GW1 running too but they decided against it and something tells me they will not make the same mistake.

So I believe GW3 will be no replacement for GW2, if it is an MMORPG at all. And I also believe it is not the only game they work on besides GW2. And that is good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Laughing Bat.1570 said:

I hear you. I'd miss skills, characters, and skins from gw2. He'll I'm still salty about the loss of my precious hexes from gw1.

Honestly I think we're more likely to see GW2(and GW1) close up without a GW3. It's a bit different for WoW. That game broke out of the gaming scene to be a cultural event. It has a large amount in subscription fees alone to fund its development. This is to say nothing of how much funding is available from the same studios other projects.  

How many Anet salaries are covered by monthly gem sales these days? (Legit question on if we have any data on this.) If the gw2 player base drops we'll probably see gw2 stay up because the cost to keep it running is cheaper (less server stress). Plus if they do a HoM style transfer you get periodic new blood. It's kind of surprising how many Gwamm's started with gw2 first.

Salaries is way bigger problem than infrastructure. Saying that as a developer in bank who was involved in infrastucture planning. A lot of pirate game servers with 5k+ online infrastructure cost just a few thousand $ a month. And salary (with bonuses) of one good developer in US is at least 8k $ a month. Maybe they should think about opening game studios in Eastern Europe, for example. Salary of good developers here can be about 2 times less. Development in US is very expensive. That's why many startups have a business in US/Western Europe and developers in Eastern Europe/post Soviet countries/Asia

Edited by Petrified.9826
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Exactly my thoughts too. No point spending more time and money on a dying 12 year old mmo knowing it will be gone and replaced soon.

If you consider Soon(tm) being 5+ years, based on the current development pace of modern MMOs, then, yes, it will be replaced Soon(tm), especially since NCsoft had to turn around and clarify that GW3 is in review, not active development.

T&L just took NCsoft...10 years(?). Aion 2 has been rumored for gods know how long. MMOs, even mediocre ones in modern era, aren't made in 2 years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, illuminati.8453 said:

I would argue that since they haven't closed this thread yet, it leads me to believe there is some truth to GW3 being in development already. 

NCsoft confirmed that it's not in devolopement.
Anet has stated that there is nothing to confirm and that all their teams actively work on GW2 expansions.

No, there is no GW3 in developement already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

37 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

One statement was from a meeting with shareholders reported by a financial site that had someone present there. The other was a PR message. Which do you think is more likely to be more honest?

It depends, which claim would generate more clicks for the site reporting on it?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

NCsoft confirmed that it's not in devolopement.
Anet has stated that there is nothing to confirm and that all their teams actively work on GW2 expansions.

No, there is no GW3 in developement already.

Denial face is hard to overcome.

Since 1.5 years ago 90% of arenanet positions opened are for a "Unanounced project" under the description of "New MMORPG under Unreal Engine 5, well funded, with already stablished fantasy IP". Yes all of their teams are working in gw2 haha and thats also why your getting full recycled and cheap content as SoTo or gyala delves.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

The reactions here honestly made me chuckle.

GW3 isn't real. GW3 can't hurt you.

He didn’t say it's being made. Just greenlit.

They said they are only still considering if they're going to make GW3.

NCSoft shareholder meeting was a Russian psy op.

"Arenanet has a meaningful IP called 'Guild Wars', and after Guild Wars 2, they are currently working on Guild Wars 3."

"“NC West has recently been concentrating on developing Guild Wars 3 by integrating several affiliated studios,” he said.

You don't shuffle around studios for a "maybe" project. Also, Arenanet has already confirmed they are working on a known IP fantasy mmorpg. And people still refuse to connect the dots lol. I give up.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Blood.7254 said:

The reactions here honestly made me chuckle.

GW3 isn't real. GW3 can't hurt you.

He didn’t say it's being made. Just greenlit.

They said they are only still considering if they're going to make GW3.

NCSoft shareholder meeting was a Russian psy op.

"Arenanet has a meaningful IP called 'Guild Wars', and after Guild Wars 2, they are currently working on Guild Wars 3."

"“NC West has recently been concentrating on developing Guild Wars 3 by integrating several affiliated studios,” he said.

You don't shuffle around studios for a "maybe" project. Also, Arenanet has already confirmed they are working on a known IP fantasy mmorpg. And people still refuse to connect the dots lol. I give up.

Some people can connect dots like ANet is connected with NCSoft so ANet can develop new Lineage/Aion etc. and not GW 😁

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It depends, which claim would generate more clicks for the site reporting on it?

First was not meant to be reported at all, second the exact opposite, so...

Notice, btw, that the first report came from korean financial site that likely has no idea (nor cares about) what GW is and was likely completely unaware about how that small part of what they reported on might cause a reaction for GW2 players. Second, yes, that was a PR message that was meant to bring reaction from people interested about Anet and Guild Wars, and was specifically crafted to calm people down.

So, again, which do you think is likely to be more honest?

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

First was not meant to be reported at all, second the exact opposite, so...

Notice, btw, that the first report came from korean financial site that likely has no idea (nor cares about) what GW is. Second, yes, that was a PR message that was meant to bring reaction from people interested about Anet and Guild Wars.

So, again, which do you think is likely to be more honest?

If first was not meant to be reported at all then why was it?

Notice, btw, that you didn't answer the question, nor even remotely relate to it. Also I don't know anything about that particular site. Other than "it has business in its name", what do you know about it? Actual curiosity on my part -hopefully this time you can directly respond to the questions asked, including the one from the last post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2