A class that can handle the jungle

Hey I'm looking for a class that can handle HPs such as:

1. Vampire from VB
  2. Mushrom AB
  3. Tengu AB
  4. Mushrom TD

I am currently playing mirage staff it is good in meta and when others around but I need class that can solo most "hard" PvE things such like Elites, Champions.

I would like it to be any of these classes

• Revenant
  • Mesmer
  • Necromancer

I have played a lot Guardian and Thief like them but I see they bored me. I won't play as Elementalist or Ranger.

• Confused 2

If you go necro vs the Vampire in VB, don't use minions as the vampire will siphon from them.

Are you trying to solo these for a reason?  If you need help on them, call out in map chat and others will assist you.  I've done this numerous times with alts.

• Like 3

I do HP runs in Heart of Maguuma, mostly with unexperienced players to unlock their elite-specializations. Tried different classes and realized it is mostly a matter of learning the mechanics, rather than the class itself. When I make a new character, I usually challenge myself nowadays by just diving into the HP bosses blindly, figuring out how to play the class on the go. But that is my way of spicing things up after 11+ years.

Anyway, the class that I am using for most of my carry HP runs is Thief with a Staff/PP Daredevil build. Not exactly the existing power DD meta build. I've customized it a little to fit my needs. I also use the Jade Tech Defensive/Offensive Protocols to provide me with all the necessary buffs. I can easily solo the ones you have listed except the shroom in TD, I just avoid doing it. I collect all HPs in VB and AB, so I can pick the easy ones in TD ^^.

Here is the build I am using:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PayAYprlZwuYZMM2JW2WntcA-DSRYihzbOqRhlRmpQFVgbfDYR4lNoC-e

The meta suggests for Thief to ignore vitality and just pray the target is dead before you run out of HP. But that does not work in the jungle. So I boosted the HP pool to 23,755 - which is ridiculously high for a Thief. You do not have to play 100 % perfect and are allowed to make mistakes, before you have to waypoint. Crit cap with fury and 268 % critical damage and very high upkeep of might stacks. While the protocols are active, you hit like a truck. On targets with high mobility, I usually stick to staff and just alternate between dodging and vault (5) when they launch their attacks.

It is fast-paced combat, which is not everybody's piece of cake. But it is imo a lot of fun to play. It is my second main for a few years now.

• Like 3

Condi reaper is very strong.  It can probably get over 20k DPS in celestial gear while also having very high sustain.  Sorry, I don't play it or I'd offer you a build.

It's too bad you don't like ranger.  Untamed can tear these champions down very quickly.  Like Broodmother and Tengu.  A lot of people seem to think ranger is a ranged class with pet tanks and that playstyle would be a big turnoff for me.  But this being GW2, I find it's best played by getting up close and personal at melee range while the pets are just there for boons and unleashed attacks.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, badyl.5831 said:

I'm looking for a class that can handle HPs such as:

1. Vampire from VB
  2. Mushrom AB
  3. Tengu AB
  4. Mushrom TD

Gw2 is an MMO not a souls-like, any class can handle them easily as follow:

1. switch on your mentor tag
  2. write HP at tag into map chat 
  3. wait 2 min 😎
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Gw2 is an MMO not a souls-like, any class can handle them easily as follow:

1. switch on your mentor tag
  2. write HP at tag into map chat 
  3. wait 2 min 😎

True.  But it's also true that any class can handle them with a good build and some know-how.  It sounds like the OP may be a bit lacking in the latter and may have to rely a little more on the build to get the job done.  Hence the question.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure why so many aren't offering what you asked for and are instead telling you to just ask map chat for help but here's one for scourge by Hizen that I use. It can easily do what you ask for, you just need to swap out blood is power utility depending on the needs of each fight essentially.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PSDBs+pjlNw4YgMNGJW6X1PVA-DyIY1on%2FMCUKkrKQh3GCRg2DvGQMtBqA-e

• Like 1

any class can solo all the HPs in the jungle, it is just a matter of understanding the mechanics and potentially adjusting your build for it.

for example staff mirage might need to change a utility for the Champion Chak Blitzer in TD Ogre Lane as you will want to break the defiance bar to stop the reflect.

the 3 classes you posted have different strength and weaknesses.

• Necro has the best ability to face tank, because of that for the HoT HPs you can just use Raid Power DPS meta build and burst all of them down in 15-30 seconds. But with harder opponents you might need to change setup.
  • Rev can build to tank a ton but it costs a lot of damage to do so and the sustain is often overkill if you build for it.
  • Mesmer can avoid most hits and can kill many champs without even getting hit once but mesmer self heal usually is low so if the boss has a high attack frequency or pulsing AoEs, mesmer might have a harder time than Rev/Necro.

as Falson mentioned Hizen has some builds for every class on his YT channel, if you need an idea how to build your preferred option - or all of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

But staff mirage is the posterchild for soloing the stuff you ask for.

Staff mirage is safe and easy, but the damage is pretty low.  It might not be the best option for something like broodmother, although I don't know what to say if staff mirage struggles with something like mushroom king in AB, that has zero pressure against ranged builds like staff mirage.

Minion necro can solo the Guano HP (which is the vampire one from VB you're referring to) so long as you know how to cc it. the immob minion, chill minion, and flesh golem are more than enough to drain the breakbar, and you can always run staff for more chill and fear.

I make most of my brand new necro characters full condi minion builds, so they can easily solo every single expansion HP, including the ones on your list. All it takes is knowing how to cc, when to cc, and when to pop into shroud for emergency survival. Outside of that it's just trying to help your minions secure the kills a bit faster.

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Staff mirage is safe and easy, but the damage is pretty low.  It might not be the best option for something like broodmother, although I don't know what to say if staff mirage struggles with something like mushroom king in AB, that has zero pressure against ranged builds like staff mirage.

Ramp up damage is low but you can sit at 15k once you get it going. I can solo it no problems.

• Like 1

There are many possible builds that you can use for these 3 classes. Also builds can be slightly adjusted depending on the hero point as some might need a bit more stability or stun breaks,  reflects, condi cleanses etc.

Depending on your exp level, your skill ingame and your overall perfomance in general, you can min max a build to get the most out of it (in that case you can check Lord Hizen youtube channel), create something kinda more forgiving or go full sustain.

Then it is also a matter of taste as some people like playing only power or only condi which can add/remove possible weapons for use. Range or melee as well.

As I dont know if you meant core builds for these classes (in case you dont have any elite spec for them yet), below I post a link from a sustain example of Revenant, with many passive healing, barriers and boons. It has tools for projectiles, for perma stability, for big instant heals on 2 seconds cooldown, condi cleanses, good cc but low damage. It can also be played melee or ranged and you can buff-heal others around you while playing it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeVldQJMHii1QTsHqi9RhsAagl9zWKD-DyIY1o7vMCvFKPC8+2gK+GA-e

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 7:21 AM, badyl.5831 said:

• Revenant
  • Mesmer
  • Necromancer

I have played a lot Guardian and Thief like them but I see they bored me. I won't play as Elementalist or Ranger.

Any class can do the task but some are easier or have more room for mistakes. My choice would be celestial Vindicator because is easy to play and foes (HP/regular Champs/Tyria Bounties/Desert Bounties/Legendary Bounties... ) usually can't even scratch you HP.

Build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmzAkeVlhQmsI6kJRpMIClBSqMBqkj2za0E-DyIY1oj/QKUBkpQIXZgC/AEiAtHeNgYaDUB-e

• Like 3

Any class can do it with a decent build. But that doesnt mean you will be able to just stand there and take the hits. You will still need to avoid specific mechanics and/or cc on time, kite...

• Like 2

Any class in the hands of the expert, leet, best of the best, using the ideal builds, blah blah blah can solo those hps  

I consider myself to be at least average with a necromancer in a dps and qdps role. No experience in a support yet, but I have hundreds of hours on this prof in various dps builds.  There were plenty of HoT hps I could solo and many I couldn’t. 

I boosted an engineer for the heck of it. Looked at metabattle, picked, the easiest open world build, snagged all the easy pof and eod hps, unlocked mechanist, crafted 2 exotic viper pistols (cause they looked cool), switched to a condi mechanist build and proceeded to make nearly every hot hp my b—ch despite having the wrong gear (everything but pistols was still the exotic celestial freebies from the boost). Zero skill.  Meh build. I made HoT cry. 

“Any class can do it”  pfft only for the experts. The rest is us could use some help. 

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 3/29/2024 at 7:21 AM, badyl.5831 said:

1. Vampire from VB
  2. Mushrom AB
  3. Tengu AB
  4. Mushrom TD

I am currently playing mirage staff it is good in meta and when others around but I need class that can solo most "hard" PvE things such like Elites, Champions.

• Revenant
  • Mesmer
  • Necromancer

My personal pick would be a herald because the amount of boons and damage reduction effects really carry them. The downside is that you'd want a hybrid/celestial build which is pretty expensive.  I recommend watching Lord Hizen's videos for some ideas; he creates builds that can solo even open-world legendaries. Maybe there are some budget (power) options in there.

• Confused 2

On 3/28/2024 at 11:21 PM, badyl.5831 said:

1. Vampire from VB
  2. Mushrom AB
  3. Tengu AB
  4. Mushrom TD

• Revenant
  • Mesmer
  • Necromancer

My recommendation is necromancer. The WvW celestial harbinger build is what I use to speed clear most HP's as part of my farm when I have the time. On average it's about 45 minutes to clear every repeatable HP across all 3 maps. Some HP's like the frog in tangled depths or Tengu in auric basin, I use condi reaper.

Condi mirage works fine, but it's slower than necro and you have to pay more attention to the fight.