Next-Level Fashion Wars: Cosmetic Inspect Coming to Guild Wars 2 April 16!

Thanks for this nice feature!

But, can you  please let us be able to use it on people (when rightclicking on their username) in chat/guild/friendslist etc, when not on the same map?

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3

Not a fan. This to me takes away player engagement. Many times I have been asked about a look/skin. I made a few friends this way too. Now they just have to do this without saying anything. Please make a option to opt out in the settings. 

Edited by StatesideBeast.8302
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

This isn't QoL, it is time wasting. I don't want to be able to inspect other people, and I don't want them inspecting me, even if it is only cosmetics. Please add an option to opt out of inspection and disable inspection until opting out is implemented.

What would be a REAL QoL improvement is bug fixing, particularly the ones in WvW that enable the unscrupulous to be able to glitch into objectives, also maybe find a way to disable speed hacking, teleporting hacks and zero skill cooldown hacks.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I have read through about 10 pages of these comments and I have got to say, this is the best content ArenaNet has given me. I have been laughing for the past 10 mins. Its the gift that keeps on giving.
Overall the patch brings really nice features.

• Like 11
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Ehntu.2604 said:

I had to sign in so I could 'Confused' react to all these deranged posts trying to gatekeep skins. Get a grip. 

Ah the hidden purpose of the update. To increase activity on the official forums. Genius! Well played Anet, well played.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

We need an opt out option. It can take hours/days and a lot of effort and a ton of gold in trying different options to create a unique look. And you're just giving it away to anyone in a few seconds, even down to what dyes someone used? It should be up to the person who created the look if they want to share it or not.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Elia.7193 said:

We need an opt out option. It can take hours/days and a lot of effort and a ton of gold in trying different options to create a unique look. And you're just giving it away to anyone in a few seconds, even down to what dyes someone used? It should be up to the person who created the look if they want to share it or not.

You have it already. Click on the gear icon and select "log out." 🙄

Seriously though. What you "invested" was not into a re-sellable asset. It was strictly for your enjoyment and the ability for others to inspect you does not impede that enjoyment.

This update has been a win overall. I think it is angering the right players frankly. Anet is making moves that are in the best interest of the game.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

It would be nice if there could be an opt out option. Not a fashion wars player. Dont like flash, fluff and glitter. But i do like a immersive classic look for my characters. People who lazily copy without any inspiration being the standard is not a favorite of mine. It also takes away social interaction even more, its already at a decline for some years now. Its always nice if a new player asks may i ask what that nice weapon, armor etc is. This is even more everything on the antisocial 'dont talk to others ever' pile.

Edited by particlepinata.9865
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

It's so nice to see how art makes people imitate life, even though they are more than likely not even part of it. I'm referring to the fashion industry (which I'm sure the majority of the complainers, if not all, aren't a part of) and how exclusive it is. Fashion creates trends that trickle down to the main populace. What you wear can be used as inspiration or just straight up copied or imitated and there's nothing anyone can do about that. No one holds the rights to their particular style of fashion. You can look down on someone copying you but you can't stop it. It seems imitation is no longer the greatest form of flattery but instead a violation of privacy? When you go out in whatever outfit you are wearing you are exposing it to the world and it is anything from private. Wear what you like and take comfort in the fact that it was your inspiration and creativity that created said combination of fashion items, not someone else's. Imitation takes nothing away from that, but ego can make us think it does.

I do hope people are this upset when actual privacy violations take place. Imagine the outrage that would cause if this imaginary pixel contest gets people this upset already.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1