[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Character Adventure Guide

- ability to have it toggled off - at least visibility (I want to see dailies), or ideally XPs from this all together. If I am starting another new char I want to enjoy locations, not be blasted and pushed forward by doing most basic actions in the game

- if it is to stay, deal with craft - I am not taking craft on each character and if I would try to clear these I would be stuck on that, not to mention retroactive achieving

- the amount of XPs are ridiculous, already with each character I was starting Orr areas as lvl 80 without pushing too much, this way I can skip multiple locations which is a waste, they all look so great and are so much fun.

Gliding and mounts are certainly allowed in instances like guild halls, it would be a nice QoL to update the home instances to allow them, especially in home instances where nodes can be really spread out like the asura and human ones.

Edited by EmmetOtter.8542
  • Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 1:20 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Please allow us to earn Guild Favor by simply completing objectives in WvW whilst representing our guild.

This could be part of the favor system.

My Guild only just started to florish, but my "Right Hand" First in command is getting frustrated with the slow progress.

I don't wanna start kicking everybody out that doesn't get involved, but we can only do certain things once per week.

We failed the challenge several times yesterday before calling quits.

Which brings me to a question...

GvG when?

Two actually...

Why are commander tags so expensive at 300 Gold?

I'd like to incentive my guildies to do WvW, guild missions, and think that any Guild Master should get one free.

I hear your pain and frustration about trying to level up a guild hall and get people more involved in it and Missions. Been there done that too as have many of us.

Earning Favor from wvw participation isnt gona happen. Here is what I did to get favor more easily. I setup the Missions to be the pve missions. Then each week you can mostly solo the easy level guild Missions, but ideally maybe you have a person or two who will come do Missions with you most weeks then you can do the bounty pretty easy and at least get the 3 easy done. Then if you see a med/hard race you can often piggy back onto another groups event. If the race on the map shows 15/15 completed you can just get one person through the race and win the mission and get favor(even solo) because the other guilds race finishers count into the same pool of completions up to the 15.

At first it will seem like you always need more favor, but soon the hall will require materials that will probably take you longer to gather vs the favor and eventually you will be waiting on mine progress too as I recall. So it wont always feel like its so hard to get favor for leveling the hall imo.

Then about Mission rewards and getting people interested in doing them and all the other things. I think the Guild Mission Reward system sucks bad at this point and just needs a refresh BAD. Mission rewards could be things like state selectable exotic armor/weapon boxes to help players get the right stats for strikes, raids, fractals, etc. They could let vets buy some loot boxes or maybe a limited amount of BL keys or somthing that would be of value to a vet that doesnt imblance the econ.

Guild Missions could IMO easily get a new category for events. It could be strikes, raid bosses, bounty bosses, many options for exsisting content to use. It could work much like the WvW/PvP Guild Missions work in which you use the panel to make up a party/squad then if you win the strike, etc everyone gets commendations.

Guild Missions like that take 15+ people should just be removed unless the rewards are somthing that 15 people would ever actually want to organize for. At this point they are arguably broken content because they are obsolite. I personally leveled my hall to 69 and never used any of the missions that require more than 3 players because u cannot count on interest in Guild Missions due to the present rewards and effort required.

Commander tags are 300g. It seems like allot but its not as bad as it sounds. That said, I remember when I hadnt had my 1st 100g yet and 300g sounded impossible so I feel u.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

For ******** sake! Disable visuals of weapons, backpacks and infusions on Lowest Character Quality setting.

Or Add Character Model Limit options - Party\Squad only, My Character and Targeted ( you know, when you left click on someone ) Character only.

Your beloved over-infused characters with tonics flying on top of places where most characters are staying = FPS killers, is not fun!

You already getting negative reviews about it on steam, do something.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Bind build to equipment template

Even with hotkeys, changing builds is still messy. Usually I have more builds than armor sets so I reuse the equipment templates for multiple builds.

• Build template 1 => equipment template 1
  • Build template 2 => equipment template 1
  • Build template 3 => equipment template 2
  • Build template 4 => equipment template 2
  • Build template 5 => equipment template 3

So this is a bit annoying to remember and it would be good if I could set up the game to bind build templates to equipment templates in a way that activating a build template also activates the equipment template bound to it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Daily [map-name] Events is an absolute joke in the lowlevel maps. I've tried today with Snowden Drifts and barely saw the mobs spawn before getting instantly vaporized. Now imagine new players in level 1-15 zones, when those maps are in the daily routine. Not fun!

Upscaling appears to work only until a certain degree. Sometimes more NPCs, sometimes stronger NPCs. But when the zerg exceeds a certain size, the upscaling stops.

Downscaling of highlevel players also appears to be not working correctly. If they play the right/wrong build, the NPCs cannot even survive a single hit from one player. Current balance mentality pretty actually focuses in boosting the power-creep even further. We do not have an Overhit mechanic in GW2. Killing an NPC for twice of its maximum HP does not give you anything. 

Here are a few ideas:
- read out the stats of the players, count the number of players who exceed thresholds of certain stats, add more NPCs according to that number
Note: That way the events will not flood with NPCs if a larger group of normal players does it. Only if outmaxed players are present, according to how many of them participate.
- apply barrier and protection to the NPCs on spawn only, after 5 seconds they are normal
Note: That should at least slow down instant spawn-killing.
- add an NPC at the zone-entrance that applies malus-stacks (= a boon). Malus lowers your overall stats and adds up to regular downscaling. The more stacks you have applied, the more loot you will get from participating in events.
Note: The more powerful your build is, the more stacks you can apply and the more loot you will get. This encourages the use of more powerful builds, gives people a proper reward for being powerful and helps keeping the events playable for lowlevel players.

EDIT: Every suggestion we make regarding new features is always seen with question about the resource-consumption. There are always players who want the limited resources be spent elsewhere. As with most of my previous suggestions, there is cheap solution:
1.) If a new boon/debuff eats too many resources, we can go for Elder's Plight. This debuff reduces outgoing damage by 5 % per stack.
2.) Bonus loot application can easily be solved with bonus-chest, similar to the Boss Blitz mechanic. Instead of granting extra chests for beating the challenge in a certain time, just add bonus-chests for the debuff stacks.
3.) As we are talking about low-level maps, adding a single champion bag and a vial of karma might already do the trick. Per stack of the debuff. Still too many resources wasted?
4.) The debuff increases map-bonus reward instead. Every stack adds 50 % progression for a new reward. So if you have e. g. 10 stacks acitve, you get +5 map-bonus items from the reward track.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
more details / saving resources
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

ArenaNet, can we please have a toggle to disable the Character Adventure Guide XP for players who enjoy leveling at a slower rate as they explore Tyria?

The new Character Adventure Guide achievements give out a lot XP. I haven't been able to find exact numbers but extrapolating from Volume One and looking at how many more there are it looks like around 25 levels worth. For many level 1 characters that is going to be great. However, we're level 50ish characters who have happily spent maybe 40 hours of gameplay getting there over several months. Most of us have level up boosters but we aren't using them because we are enjoying exploring and we particularly like playing in zones a few levels above our level to increase the challenge (as otherwise it is a bit too easy).

We've only played for a very short period of time since the new Character Adventure Guide came out and in that 15 minutes we gained 5-6 levels, what would normally be 4 hours of fun gameplay for us. It looks the CAG achievements we will catapult us all the way to level 80 in just a few hours, instead of the 20-30 hours of gameplay we were looking forward to. At that point you can't play Tyria zones above your level anymore so there won't be any challenge left in any zone other than level 80 zones.

To put it mildly we think this sucks and it has very much demotivated our desire to play further (hence the very short 15 min session last time).

I can understand the point of the CAG for level 1 characters and I can see it was added so that the new Steam players would reach level 30 faster. But it's disastrous for players like us who were already level 50 and are really enjoying exploring. It's a compliment to ArenaNet that we enjoy your Tyria content enough that we want to savor it instead of being rushed through it.

I was just talking to a friend about this and she pointed out that in WoW Classic right now they have a temporary 50% XP boost going on so people can level up in advance of Wrath of the Lich King coming out. But in WoW you can easily opt out of the boost if you want to level at your own pace.

This CAG achievement XP boost is more like 500% while it's running. We desperately need a way to opt out of it.

We're going to hold off playing for a week or two in the hopes that a toggle is added so we can turn the CAG XP off and continue to level up at our own pace.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

- add an NPC at the zone-entrance that applies malus-stacks (= a boon). Malus lowers your overall stats and adds up to regular downscaling. The more stacks you have applied, the more loot you will get from participating in events.

Note: The more powerful your build is, the more stacks you can apply and the more loot you will get. This encourages the use of more powerful builds, gives people a proper reward for being powerful and helps keeping the events playable for lowlevel players.

Just thought I would say, a global option to increase how much you get downscaled in PvE openworld in general would be very nice. I've just posted above about how sad we are the new CAG achievements are overleveling us so quickly - if we had a way of downleveling ourselves harder so that Tyria zones 20-30 levels below our actual level were still a challenge then this would largely solve our issues with CAG!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Daily [map-name] Events is an absolute joke in the lowlevel maps. I've tried today with Snowden Drifts and barely saw the mobs spawn before getting instantly vaporized. Now imagine new players in level 1-15 zones, when those maps are in the daily routine. Not fun!

Upscaling appears to work only until a certain degree. Sometimes more NPCs, sometimes stronger NPCs. But when the zerg exceeds a certain size, the upscaling stops.

Downscaling of highlevel players also appears to be not working correctly. If they play the right/wrong build, the NPCs cannot even survive a single hit from one player. Current balance mentality pretty actually focuses in boosting the power-creep even further. We do not have an Overhit mechanic in GW2. Killing an NPC for twice of its maximum HP does not give you anything. 

Here are a few ideas:
- read out the stats of the players, count the number of players who exceed thresholds of certain stats, add more NPCs according to that number
Note: That way the events will not flood with NPCs if a larger group of normal players does it. Only if outmaxed players are present, according to how many of them participate.
- apply barrier and protection to the NPCs on spawn only, after 5 seconds they are normal
Note: That should at least slow down instant spawn-killing.

I know.

Even vet players couldn't get a hit, let alone new players.

That happened two days in a row where I had to abandon events that I initiated because I couldn't get a single hit.

The solution to this is to get full Legendary show offs away from dailies.

Meaning, do two separate dailies. When you reach level 80, your dailies will all be in lvl 80 areas. 

I don't know if that is even possible to do, but if a lvl 80 character enters a zone which has dailies going on, they wont get any credit nor drops... or go a little more drastic and they get kicked from the map after 5 minutes or so.

I don't know.

There are a few overpowered showoffs that have no need to do dailies, given they have full on legendary gear.

There is a whole thread on this.

How they go around bullying new players and not let them progress. 

It is a tough job to find a solution to this, but ANet does defo need to address this issue.

Not to get to personal, but I despise that kind of player.

They know they're doing it.

So it must be on purpose. 

I, however, usually do what I think it's the right thing, and just walk way.

But it is irritating, because as soon as you abandon the quest, they too leave it.

Imagine how new players must feel like!?

A lot of them won't comeback to Guild Wars 2.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2022 at 9:10 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

Can Mini Rottweiler get the distinct bark those kind of dogs have instead of the current Husky howl?

And while we're at it, can the rottweiler's howl be removed or muted?  "Disable Player Item Chatter" doesn't appear to work on miniatures.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Pretty please can we turn the Elementalist conjured weapons into a kit similar to the Engineer's with the option to summon a secondary weapon (or no option is fine). 

The Conjurer trait could give a passive ability to conjure a second weapon when switching to the "kit". This passive ability should also have an internal cool down equal to the current Conjured weapon cool down. Also instead of giving the Elementalist a fire shield for sharing, the secondary conjured weapon should drop a combo field relative to the element of the weapon at the players feet (same location of the second weapon).

Lastly, for balance, switching to the conjured kit could have a cast time and animation (this would set it apart from the Engineer kits), the summoned secondary weapon should only last as long as the combo field, and the conjured weapon that the other player picks up should either have a short duration or have a limited amount of times that they can cast/use skills 2-5 similar to the fire brand tomes. 

P. S.  The Conjurer trait should still provide a skill cooldown reduction to all conjured weapons. 

We already could potentially use the conjured weapons indefinitely granted no one picks up the second summoned weapon. This would just remove the hassle of telling people not to touch it while also making the Conjurer trait more competitive with the other two traits in that line. 

Edited by Myster Marz.6481
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:36 AM, Myster Marz.6481 said:

Pretty please can we turn the Elementalist conjured weapons into a kit similar to the Engineer's with the option to summon a secondary weapon (or no option is fine). 

The Conjurer trait could give a passive ability to conjure a second weapon when switching to the "kit". This passive ability should also have an internal cool down equal to the current Conjured weapon cool down. Also instead of giving the Elementalist a fire shield for sharing, the secondary conjured weapon should drop a combo field relative to the element of the weapon at the players feet (same location of the second weapon).

Lastly, for balance, switching to the conjured kit could have a cast time and animation (this would set it apart from the Engineer kits), the summoned secondary weapon should only last as long as the combo field, and the conjured weapon that the other player picks up should either have a short duration or have a limited amount of times that they can cast/use skills 2-5 similar to the fire brand tomes. 

P. S.  The Conjurer trait should still provide a skill cooldown reduction to all conjured weapons. 

We already could potentially use the conjured weapons indefinitely granted no one picks up the second summoned weapon. This would just remove the hassle of telling people not to touch it while also making the Conjurer trait more competitive with the other two traits in that line. 

This isn't QoL.

It should be posted in Elementalist portion of the classes section.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hey, just a thought (feel free to disagree).  But with the Birthday cake coming out a few years ago and this year ANET dropping in the new currency for the utility trays and Guild Anniversary Banner both being 1 time uses.   Was talking with guildies and was thinking that revamping the achieves could be a cool way to drop in unlimited banners.    They don't really impact the game in an unfavorable way and have long been a thing people have wished to be able to get to.

Could be like every 5K you get one of the single buff banners like Magic find and then at 30k/40k   something like that you get an unlimited hero's banner.   

Edited by Shadows Creed.3902
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Eles are one of my all time favs, I wanna see something done to those conjure weapons skills.

I actually posted a thread on this requesting they'd be made into permanent weapons, including the Great Sword.

Now, THAT would be something special.

Everything required is already there.

All ANet has to do is move them to the perma wep section. 

Correct me if I am wrong but you want to completely remove conjured weapons for permanent weapons? 

I'm not trying to be rude, but I think your idea is superfluous. Why? Because it's happening already without the need to remove conjured weapons (the Catalyst hammer and the conjured lightning hammer for example). They already said that they are working on a new expansion which will most likely come with more elite specializations which means more weapons, which also means that we will be getting a great sword, or longbow, etc. 

But your idea could work just fine... if there weren't certain other issues...

Having them as weapon kits just like engie sounds appealing to me.

The thing is that, if they do this, the weapon spawning to other players would most likely be removed, and only the caster could have it/use it.

I highly doubt that they will mess around with spawning timers, and conditions that will make weapons disappear from other player's hands if you switch kits.

Too much of an hassle for something that is almost certainly obsolete. 

I might not have written it clearly (my bad) but you would only conjure a second weapon if you have the Conjurer trait selected. This would be passive, no need to use a ground target as the weapon would drop at your feet. 

Conjurer weapons already disappear after a certain amount of time whether it's picked up or not. This mechanism exists currently. 

The idea I had about the weapon disappearing (or becoming useless) after skills 2-5 are used up would be the same as the bundle item Koda's Flame. This mechanism also exists. My thought process behind this is that no other class should as proficient with conjured weapons as Elementalist. 

I think it would be more of a hassle add a batch of permanent weapons to the game because they would have to design the other element skill sets from scratch which are currently nonexistent (water great sword skills for example). 

Preferably, I'd just have them as perma weapons.

Because there is this issue:

If you use them as kits, what happens if you switch elements?

Would the wrapon kit reset?

What happens if you switch to fire axe?

Would the current attunement auto change to fire?

All these details make all the difference, and there's that little detail, that is too much coding involved for something that's 10 year old core.

Good concept though.

Just don't see it functioning with all honesty.

Switching elements would work as it does now; no effect on the conjured weapon skill set. If you need to use earth skills just switch back to your normal weapons and if you want to use thunder hammer again just switch back to it like a Engineer would do with the flamethrower kit. 

There is also some synergy with switching elements with the Catalyst. Using the thunder hammer skill 1 combo to create different auras every time you drop fields using the f5 skill is pretty fun and also works well with traits that grants you and others boons and auras. 

• Confused 1

Don't know if it's QoL, but it's time to change the Orr cathedral meta events and take out the "Defense" portion and just have them reset at specific times.  Either that or make the Champions a lot harder.

I've been trying to finish "The Tyrain Service Medal" and it's almost impossible because some necro comes along and kills the Champion Lt before the last few cathedrals I need resets.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Most of my playtime Im spending on the Borderlands in WvW.

In WvW only one chair is enabled, the Victory Rock.

Why are the others disabled? I really love most of your chairs, but I would like to use them too in the environment im playing the most and I dont think its a gamebreaker for WvW.

Thanks

Turtle-Chair-Lover-Bonki

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

For elementalists' conjured weapons, since this topic was recently visited:

-Picking up an elementalist weapon doesn't cause it to disappear. (Each weapon can be picked up once per 15 second interval per player, and conjured weapons from the fire line also has a 15 second cooldown on giving fire aura this way)

or

-An elementalist's conjured weapon can still be picked up once by the conjuring elementalist, even if another player grabs it first.

Both of these changes in mind so that sharing conjured weapons can be more easily encouraged without potentially stifling an ele's build.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Gaspodin.9207 said:

Don't know if it's QoL, but it's time to change the Orr cathedral meta events and take out the "Defense" portion and just have them reset at specific times.  Either that or make the Champions a lot harder.

I've been trying to finish "The Tyrain Service Medal" and it's almost impossible because some necro comes along and kills the Champion Lt before the last few cathedrals I need resets.

I think you can actually get it from the defense part of the meta as well.

• Sad 2

convenient update for legendary and armory system
just like the copy feature that exist now:
only that you copy the already selected stats from your legendary weapons onto other legendary weapons: meaing stats, sigils and infusions stay the same just the for example Greatsword gets changed into a Staff (both legendary)
obv this will only be possiable for 2 handed to 2 handed, main to main and off to off
since atm if you dont have the legendary you want to swap to on any of your other templates already as you want it you will need to configure it over and over again even tho you want to swap it just for the 1 fight 

Edited by NoName.8059