[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

1.   Inventory slots that can be bound to keys. So you may use food, scrolls or items directly without searching and clicking through the inventory. Maybe as gemstore item.
  2. Please include other controller to the keybindings. I do have a buttonbox (registered as gamecontroller) and have to use third party programms to convert the buttonhits into some hopefully unused keypresses. It is very handy to use the different mounts or to toggle some options. But very stupid to use that workaround, because GW2 does not recognize that controller.
Edited by vanny.6891
  • Thanks 1

It's totally not fair that Steam players can't even get the free mini mystical Dragon(The two step verification one). I had no idea the item even existed until after I bought all my dlcs through steam. The only way I or any other steam player can get it is starting all over again and re buying the dlcs. This is not fair to any of us. Please give us a way to get the item through your website. Don't make us have to restart and re buy everything just for one item.  If there is a way to work around this so we can have it too please let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Hey Anet,
I really like the game, but every single release you seem to miss very simple things.
Since the achivement I've mentioned in title requires us to avoid getting hit by specific attacks during the Battle on the Breachmaker, could you please add that little yellow eligibility icon to our boon bar? It really isn't a great experience to play through that instance until the end, just to learn that apparently there was 1 or 2 hits from the AoE... that I simply didn't notice. The game already registers if I kept/lost the title during the fight, why not make it easier for the players?

PS. Also a small thing that was broken for a while, we are missing a hitbox on one of the ships we're supposed to destroy with grenade in Aetherblade Path of Twilight Arbor. Could you please give it back?

EDIT: Since it was moved let me mention the chiev: No More Tricks, Scarlet. But I think this is not the only one missing the indicator on the bar.

Edited by NotTooFoolish.7412
Post got moved here
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Whilst you await implementation of your suggestion, there's this item:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Snow_Flurry_Dragon

I did, I hate it, it don't even look like a dragon. Just a floating head. Sorry to be rude about it but the mini mystical dragon is so much better. Which is why it's so unfair we steam users can't get it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes, I agree about the dragon. Steam users have such weird limitations, and it'd be great if ArenaNet kept tinkering to fix them.

Also, and I don't know how much code they'd have to dig through to make this possible, but they should work on giving Steam users access to the Hall of Monuments from owning/playing GW1 and linking it to your GW2 account. Bonkers that the Steam release happened and that wasn't part of it, as there is a not-insignificant amount of skins, pets, titles, and achievement points locked behind it. I imagine I'd be very disappointed if I bought a complete game and didn't have access to all of its content just because of my launch platform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Yes, I agree about the dragon. Steam users have such weird limitations, and it'd be great if ArenaNet kept tinkering to fix them.

Also, and I don't know how much code they'd have to dig through to make this possible, but they should work on giving Steam users access to the Hall of Monuments from owning/playing GW1 and linking it to your GW2 account. Bonkers that the Steam release happened and that wasn't part of it, as there is a not-insignificant amount of skins, pets, titles, and achievement points locked behind it. I imagine I'd be very disappointed if I bought a complete game and didn't have access to all of its content just because of my launch platform.

I also agree to this, We shouldn't be punished for having the game through Steam. We shouldn't be punished for choosing steam app instead of their website. Like how are we supposed to know it's better to get it through the website? All I knew was that it was free on Steam and me having Steam, I went there to play with my sister and now I'm being punished for it. I spent so much money already into this game only to found out stuff that I'm locked from but others can get?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I think you've misled the OP here.  They now seem to believe that they're missing out on stuff that even if it was possible to get through Steam, they still wouldn't have access to, if they never played GW 1.

• Confused 1

Hello!

I searched in the forum but I didn't find this topic, just found something  about armor skin. So, I would like to ask if it's possible to implement this, something to save appearance of a character so if maybe you create one and want to make it again because you don't like the profession or something like that but you want the same look, you can simply use a saved character appearance template, so you don't have to remember all the face details sliders and things like that. I don't know if it's heavy to implement and it's not very worthy, so I'm asking here, ty.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Lilya Athena.9035 said:

It's totally not fair that Steam players can't even get the free mini mystical Dragon(The two step verification one). I had no idea the item even existed until after I bought all my dlcs through steam. The only way I or any other steam player can get it is starting all over again and re buying the dlcs. This is not fair to any of us. Please give us a way to get the item through your website. Don't make us have to restart and re buy everything just for one item.  If there is a way to work around this so we can have it too please let me know.

You probaly don't want to know what stuff Out there is what you and i will never get uu. I'm speaking from free skins and other presents. Aß sad as this is, this the Nature of ongoing Games.

It would be nice when the Dragon was given via Code. You could have mine instantly, i don't really Like him.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639

I do screenshots of the sliders too and I have all my characters appearance saved like this, but then if I want to create a character with that appearance I have to window the game, open the screenshot to see a slider, see where it is more or less (since there are not numbers or things like that in the slider bars to understand exactly where the slider is), then come back in the game, try to put the slider at the same spot and do like this for each sliders and so on.

Edited by Nymeria.1653
  • Confused 1

I agree there should be a way to get the mini mystical dragon if you're playing on Steam. It's not supposed to be limited or exclusive or anything so this is probably just an oversight, but it wouldn't be the first time something has been made unavailable by mistake. Hopefully Anet can add another way to get it. 

I think they should make it possible to link a GW1 account to a Steam version of GW2 as well, but that does seem like it would be more difficult to do. I don't know how many people would want to go back and play GW1 just for the GW2 rewards, but everyone should have the option if they want to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

I think you've misled the OP here.

Nothing in my post is misleading though? If you buy GW1 through Steam and GW2 through Steam, you (currently) can't link the two and access the related rewards. I think that's a shame, and it would be a good thing to fix if possible. I keep meeting new players who joined through Steam who weren't aware of this when they got the game and so decided to switch over to the ArenaNet version as a result. Better to get that out of the way 2 months into playing instead of 2 years and countless dollars in.

If they make linking possible for Steam users at some point in the future, that'd be great.

7 hours ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

they still wouldn't have access to, if they never played GW 1.

Yes, my post does state that HoM rewards require playing/linking GW1, something that you can do at any time even if you play GW2 first. In fact, that's the way I discovered and ultimately purchased GW1, by enjoying the second game and seeing a section of rewards dedicated to owning and playing the first game. Most of the people I know who own GW1 also did it in this order (the others being OG players who had GW1 when it was new and migrated here after). You already get a nice selection of armor skins just from account linking, so to me that already makes it worth the effort.

This thread is about the dragon mini and 2FA, but it also brought to mind other the limitations on Steam accounts, hence my bringing up the HoM to begin with. It's just another one of those things I'd appreciate knowing about as a newer player instead of finding out years down the line and being unable to do anything about it.

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Normally I might nbe inclined to agree with the OP's request but the repeated misuse of the word, "punished," convinces me otherwise.

Yeh that kind of ruined it for me as well.  

I agree this should have availability in multiple ways, perhaps simply when you buy full access.   However, it's hardly the only item that has specific ways to get it.  I'd love the Aurene cape, but I don't have a prime account, so I just go aww bummer and move on.  I don't think they're "punishing" me for not using prime gaming.  There are titles I don't have because I haven't played GW1, there are in game skins and minis I don't have because I'm not interested in raiding or pvp.  They are not "punishing" me.  If this mini is what's bothering OP atm, then the rest of the game is going to really peel the enamel from your teeth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There are a LOT of posts here This may have already been Mentioned, and I hope mine does not get lost in the Multitude of suggestions.

I would like a hot Key  with settings for Quickly swapping Graphics at least 4  settings  could be saved. 

Reason for this is when your out soloing in open world its nice to have graphics turned up high, you get to enjoy all the beauty that's in the game. 

However when you join a Map Meta like Tequatl or Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly and there are 100s of people there you need to turn your graphics down to the Minimum so you have more than 10 FPS. 

You could also have  Settings for when you go into World Versus World   or custom settings for Raids/Strikes even Fractals

Then you come back to the Open World solo settings ,  All of this could be  Saved and put on a Hot key  so you don't have to go into  Options and turn everything down and back up and  then customized.  You just Click a hot key  and Bang you are set to go for whatever content your playing.

If you all think this is a good Idea  I would love to see some feedback.  Thanks 

6 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Normally I might be inclined to agree with the OP's request but the repeated misuse of the word, "punished," convinces me otherwise.

I feel like I am being punished because when I went through support to require said item because I was told I could get it if I spoke with support all I got was  "Too bad, so sad, better luck next time."
It would be one thing with the prime account because that's exclusive deals, I choose not to get it and that's on me and I was told about the deals already beforehand and I can get these items regardless if I'm on steam or not. But this is an item that was never mentioned anywhere on steam. And yes I do agree I have used the word punished a bit too much when I heard there's also other content I'm locked out of all because I'm using steam that a previous person has spoken about. Which I still think that's unfair if the information given to me is true.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Yeh that kind of ruined it for me as well.  

I agree this should have availability in multiple ways, perhaps simply when you buy full access.   However, it's hardly the only item that has specific ways to get it.  I'd love the Aurene cape, but I don't have a prime account, so I just go aww bummer and move on.  I don't think they're "punishing" me for not using prime gaming.  There are titles I don't have because I haven't played GW1, there are in game skins and minis I don't have because I'm not interested in raiding or pvp.  They are not "punishing" me.  If this mini is what's bothering OP atm, then the rest of the game is going to really peel the enamel from your teeth.  

As I said before to the other person. Yes I did say punish a bit too much but after you telling me about things steam can't access if players played gw1 got me riled up even more. If this is true yes it does feel like we steam players do get punished. "If we can also play gw1 on steam as well. " I don't know if any of your information is true so I was hoping you were being truthful on the matter so I got a bit too passionate.

There's a big difference between prime rewards and a item you can't get unless you join through their website. On prime, both steam and website users have instant access and it's your choice whether or not you want it. This item is only one way which there's no mention of until it's way too late.  That's my main issue. Steam should have access to the same benefits as the website users. That's what I have problems with.  It's on me if I want to go and earn titles through pvp and wvw, it's on me if I want to get prime exclusive deals. It's not on me when the devs shut out a portion of players all because they forgot to include us steam players for things we should get access to on their website.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree there should be a way to get the mini mystical dragon if you're playing on Steam. It's not supposed to be limited or exclusive or anything so this is probably just an oversight, but it wouldn't be the first time something has been made unavailable by mistake. Hopefully Anet can add another way to get it. 

I think they should make it possible to link a GW1 account to a Steam version of GW2 as well, but that does seem like it would be more difficult to do. I don't know how many people would want to go back and play GW1 just for the GW2 rewards, but everyone should have the option if they want to. 

Yes I agree, we should get that option. I've never played the first game but I've gotten so into guild wars 2 that I would like to go and play gw1 for story but with this new information it's a bummer we get cut out from those rewards as well just for using steam. I'm hoping with this thread they'll fix both issues for steam players and they could bring in more traffic back to gw1 and 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1