[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Please give us more ways of getting the unlimited self hairstyle contract.

I use them a lot, but I can never save more than 300-500 gold without buying other stuff that pops up in gem store,  and at the current price of nearly 3k in the Trading Post, I'll never get that.

Maybe increasing the chance in black lion chests?

Maybe in some other way, such as an achievement?

I don't know, just a thought.

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, PaiiiiN.4089 said:

Aegis Buff

Kindly remove the animation buff (shield) of Aegis, I think its the most annoying thing I ever encountered in gw2,its really unnecessary to have the animated shield from the buff stacking on top of your off hand weap.

While it can be kind of annoying (because fashion, I guess?), it's also a strong effect that needs visibility.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

If expansions are going to be the new LW seasons, I have one suggestion regarding dailies:

The expansion dailies should cycle through maps like LW dailies do, instead of being spread out like they are now. In the long run we'll have population issues and it really is a lot better experience when one map gets the attention for the day. Currently the EoD dailies are really lackluster "kill 25 X in Y map" and eventually it would be better if they are like the Icebrood dailies "Do X meta" or "Do Y mini-dungeon" and other interesting things. This would honestly help a lot with the Path of Fire maps too, I think.

Also the EoD dailies aren't really rewarding enough to justify galavanting around the world for. If they're going to be that modest then they really would work better as just a bonus for contributing to the population of a certain map for the day, like the LW dailies.

Edited by Perihen the Thawk.9527
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

That would make Leotards and one piece swimsuits possible...  Anet seems reluctant to label anything as swimwear so, Ballet for everyone?  |
I would like to avoid tutus , perhaps a gymnast's leotard?  For the Tyrian Olympics...  Use the tech from the Canthan Spiritulist backpack to give us a ribbon stick to wave around as we jump about.  

• Confused 5

As far as I know the mediums are long coats, you can still see the pants underneath.  The skirt added by the raven top is the longest by far, but it does have holes in it.  I can't remember if medium raven allows your chosen pants to show through the holes or not.

I would like capes that take up the shoulder slot as well, but then I realized that we can hid shoulders and capes, hiding one or the other might cause visual glitches.  It would have been wonderful for large cloaks or to add collars to cloaks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

The Dry Bones Hood (light armour) hides your shoulders and if I remember correctly the bear shaman coat hides shoulders and gloves. I think the medium Flame Legion coat hides your leggings, but it might just be that it comletely covers them. 

I assume it's possible for any skin to hide any other piece, it's just only used when they would overlap. 

I actually have a thread on the topic here as well:

QoL for players in general, especially considering the frequency of bugs and crashes, but would also be a huge help to players with limited ability to play for big chunks of time.

I'd also like to suggest allowing players to move the part of the UI for the fishing modal/popup and "!" icon. The current location of the exclamation point that comes up often overlaps other graphic features and makes the alert itself harder to see, all the more so for people with some colorblindness and people who are using the floaying lantern skiff skin.

• Confused 1

I'd also like to suggest adding an interactive feature to PvP matches specifically designed to help remove bots. I've seen it more frequently in NA matches than EU matches, but massive numbers of PvP matches have bots and afks. Not only does it ruin the experience for active players, there is nothing to deter botting currently.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would love to see a functional house system, to build your own house next to friends. Something like a hub, to gather friends for adventures (raid, fractal, pvp etc.). With the possibility, in addition, of decoration, to customize the construction.

Furthermore, the initial idea of the fractal would be to have a greater rotation of maps; they recycled everything they could from LWS1, added a few more, added one from Cantha, and nothing else. I believe that a greater diversity of maps for fractals is important.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It may sound nitpicky but i feel its a QoL issue, could you please allow us to move the target box. I play on a large screen and its awful having to look up at the top of the screen all the time to see the target and its buffs hp ect. If we could lower it to maybe above the skill bars or somewhere in between there and mid would be good. Not exactly mid as that would block the dog pile so maybe above the action bars. Its really awful the way it is for straining to see up there at the top of the screen

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Dear Developers and GM's, Anet employees and players in general,

All i want to do with this post is toss up the idea for a small addition to the world of Guildwars (1.0), from which the GM's redirected me to these forums years ago when i sent it through the support channel on the guildwars 1 website. The idea is as follows:

Item: Everlasting Celestial Tonic

- Effect: Transforms the player into a random celestial animal.

Acquisition: 0,01% chance to drop from any lunar fortune. (this drop can coincide with the existing drops)

Item 2: Celestial Tonic

- Effect: Transforms the player into a random celestial animal.

Acquisition: 2% chance to drop from any lunar fortune (this drop can coincide with the existing drops)

It would be a pretty straightforward but awesome addition to the existing set of transformations available, it would be awesome to see this get picked up and implemented in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Wout.

• Like 1

Would be nice to have a ‘last logon timestamp’ for each character, accessible prior to logging in… While the character’s headshot might be a little cramped with the class, level and crafting disciplines already there, there would be adequate space within the floating text box that appears when you mouse over the character’s head… This would be useful for tracking any time-gated activity when you’d want a period of time to elapse between login, particularly when you have multiple characters and some are dedicated to those singular purposes... (If this is possible already through some option, my apologies and please let me me know)

• Sad 1

Please make infusions copied over to the new ring while infusing it in mystic forge.

If this is not possible due to technical limitations, at least give us a warning message (confirmation dialog/prompt) when ring has some infusions, that they will be deleted in the process.

I lost 4x mighty +5 infusions because of that, as I thought that I just add an infusion slot to my ring, and not get a "new" one. Seems like not a lot but... it's not a fun experience to lose gold like that.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Szary.1549 said:

Please make infusions copied over to the new ring while infusing it in mystic forge.

If this is not possible due to technical limitations, at least give us a warning message (confirmation dialog/prompt) when ring has some infusions, that they will be deleted in the process.

I lost 4x mighty +5 infusions because of that, as I thought that I just add an infusion slot to my ring, and not get a "new" one. Seems like not a lot but... it's not a fun experience to lose gold like that.

How a ring cant hold 4x infusions even after upgrading it fully.

On 4/9/2023 at 8:50 PM, Hadrius.7869 said:

I would love to see a functional house system, to build your own house next to friends. Something like a hub, to gather friends for adventures (raid, fractal, pvp etc.). With the possibility, in addition, of decoration, to customize the construction.

With luxury things that cost materials instead of gold (iron, steel, irythill; low tier venom, claws; etc.) so they will fix things like material prices; exotic prices, etc. And force the players actually farming the world and resurrecting core maps.

Edited by AlPower.2476
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1