[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

1 hour ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Suggestion:
When it comes to the list of daily/weekly objectives, treat accounts that have never run the intro of an expansion like they don't have the expansion.

Why? Because if a new player wants to go through the story in order but has already purchased all the expansions, they could be given one or more daily/weekly objectives that take place in an expansion they won't get to for a while.

This was also the case with the old daily system, but having more achievements available mitigated it somewhat. Now, if you get 2 daily objectives that take place in PoF/EoD/SotO and you are still in HoT, you are either out of luck or you need to jump ahead in the content rather than going in order.

Basically, don't penalize someone for buying an expansion before they have gotten up to it in the story. Once any character on the account has done the intro, then that expansion can be added to the objectives list.

Seconding this. Part of why I'm so annoyed by constantly being assigned Vasburg/Spirit Vestibule dailies is that I'm still working on LWS4 (having taken multiple breaks from the game over the years, and also playing the story with a friend so my progress is kind of intermittent). I'm fine with missing out on some of the one-off bonuses in the Special tab, but it's frustrating having to TP to friend to get access to these zones, and then additionally risk getting spoiled for story past where I am (esp. in SotO zones with all the NPC comms chatter), just to be able to make my daily/weekly.

Edited by Qing Guang.6389
  • Like 1

I think the OP is asking to changer the drop-down mount selection list that comes up when you click the arrow above the mount icon, so for example they could put them in order from most-least used, making it quicker to get to their most used mounts.

I rarely use the drop-down list but I can see how that would be useful for people who do.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think the OP is asking to changer the drop-down mount selection list that comes up when you click the arrow above the mount icon, so for example they could put them in order from most-least used, making it quicker to get to their most used mounts.

I rarely use the drop-down list but I can see how that would be useful for people who do.

Exactly!

• Confused 1

not being able to get on a mount in combat is really annoying.
Everyone was meeting to do a Bounty and I took too long getting there because I was being attacked for the whole journey so missed out. I was even using swiftness.
----_____----
Can you get on horseback under arrow fire irl? Yes.

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ollie B.8597 said:

not being able to get on a mount in combat is really annoying.
Everyone was meeting to do a Bounty and I took too long getting there because I was being attacked for the whole journey so missed out. I was even using swiftness.
----_____----
Can you get on horseback under arrow fire irl? Yes.

From the Wiki:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combat_Launch

UI options or maybe graphic, generally the mouse pointer could have an options to be bigger, and have colours like magenta or flashy yellow, or embrace the rainbow and let it leave the sparkes, we need more sparkless on our screens, generally make it easier to spot, as sometimes we need to point the spell ability and it is hard to find mouse pointer.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, evilcat.6817 said:

UI options or maybe graphic, generally the mouse pointer could have an options to be bigger, and have colours like magenta or flashy yellow, or embrace the rainbow and let it leave the sparkes, we need more sparkless on our screens, generally make it easier to spot, as sometimes we need to point the spell ability and it is hard to find mouse pointer.

There is the 'High Contrast Cursor" setting in General Options to make it more visible all the time, but I prefer the "Show Ally Names Key Bind to Find Cursor" setting just below that. If I need to quickly find the cursor position, I hold ALT and it is highlighted and circled on the screen.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Regisnox.1367 said:

Small Idea 

Chairs that are sold in bundles with gliders (Example Gyrocopter) should take colour of the glider.

So for example if I colour my glider for certain colours my chair will be painted exactly the same.

This would be great.

Similarly, I'd like all backpack/glider combos to let you color the backpack to match the (usually) wings.

• Like 1

Surely was asked before, but never heard of any reasonable explanation:
Why cant scholar class equip scepter weapon off hand?

I mean, hunters can dual wield pistols, brawlers can literaly equip any offhand weapon type - dagger swords, maces, axes...
Who on earth would not like see a dual scepter necromancer in Voldemort style?

12 years in the game, and devs skip such potential. 😕

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Deggial.7123 said:

Surely was asked before, but never heard of any reasonable explanation:
Why cant scholar class equip scepter weapon off hand?

I mean, hunters can dual wield pistols, brawlers can literaly equip any offhand weapon type - dagger swords, maces, axes...
Who on earth would not like see a dual scepter necromancer in Voldemort style?

12 years in the game, and devs skip such potential. 😕

No they cant enginers and thiefs can dual weild pistols rangers what you call hunter is the only medium armor class that is exempt.

No idea what you mean with brawlers but most classes cant dual wield offhand weapons of any type.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

Please start making aquatic weapon skins again. How much effort could it possibly take? It can totally be done with copypasta from other parts of any given weapon set:

• Spear:  Hammer haft + dagger/sword/axe blade, enlarge to size as needed.
  • Trident:  Hammer haft + dagger/sword/axe blade (x3 in a fan/fork pattern), enlarge to size as needed.
  • Speargun: Copy the rifle skin, stick an arrowhead on the end of the barrel.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No they cant enginers and thiefs can dual weild pistols rangers what you call hunter is the only medium armor class that is exempt.

No idea what you mean with brawlers but most classes cant dual wield offhand weapons of any type.

Engies can, thieves can, rangers can not, which is quite a shame tho. Would definetly deserve another post (no pistols, no rifles, a hunter class ^_^).

Brawlers are heavy armor classes: revenant, warrior, guardian. Just to make it straightforward. Even the too much loved guardians can dual wield swords.

Casters : (ele, mesmer, necro), cant dual wield their primary most authentic weapon type. 
I hope you somehow managed to get the point. Which is: why can not casters dual wield scepters?

I'd like to have a larger skillbar without making every other ui element take up 25% or more of my screen space. It's difficult to glance at the cooldowns and such in pvp for instance because the skillbar becomes so small on higher resolutions.

For example:

Interface Size: Normal
Skillbar Size: Larger

If you put "Skillbar Size" on "Default", it would be the same as Interface Size.

• Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I'd go further and say to implement separate size sliders for each UI element, maybe along with separate positioning, like GW1 had. Add the ability to hide bits, or even very specific bits and you'd have an UI that is probably going to be liked by even more people.

It's actually quite sad that GW1 had so much more superior UI than GW2. One would think never game would have introduced improvements, instead of regressing.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's actually quite sad that GW1 had so much more superior UI than GW2. One would think never game would have introduced improvements, instead of regressing.

It is superior, but had it's own issues with sizing being a bit rigid. HP/Energy bar height decreasing after hitting a certain length for example. I like to bring up WoW's HUD, since it also embodies the put whatever you want wherever you want, which is then improved by addons.  That would be one thing Anet should really copy from WoW.

I would like bigger boon, effect and condi icons for both player and target. 

And smaller font for chat (because I have everything on the largest because of the icons which are still all mushed together and small on my resolution).

But yeah just improve UI, this one is really bad.