[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Don't ask them to add things to the gem store just ask them to add it directly into the game to improve the experience of the player.

The gem store should just be cosmetic ideally otherwise we are just paying them to fix problems in the game that they created. It also incentivizes them to make the systems within the game and just the game in general worse because they can sell the player the solution and make more money. 

Selling cosmetics is ok. Selling things that effect gameplay are not.

• Confused 2

Hello! Do you think there is the chance to put as selectable what screen GW2 is using? I've 2 monitors and it would be awesome to have gw2 on the secondary one, since for example, with windows 11, i can't switch the bottom bar between the screens like i did for windows 10.

Thanks!

Edited by Rothkal.9185

Add a checkbox to make inventory window dimensions character wide rather than account wide.

Problem

Inventory window size (dimensions, not a number of slots) is always the same for all characters, and any changes affect all characters => window dimensions are account wide.

Affects

Players using "merged" inventory bags without bag separators, when your inventory appears as a single huge bag.

Possible Solution

Add a checkbox or another setting to make it possible to store inventory window dimensions for each character separately. Gear icon located inside the inventory window is a good candidate for that.

Explanation

I'm one of those players who prefers to keep my inventory neatly, so I always know where I keep the items I use on daily basis like salvage kits, food and enhancements, boosters and teleports, without using the search box on top of the inventory window. Recently I got a 20-slots bag as a reward for completing "Flame and Frost" story from a renewed LWS1. After replacing one of my 18-slots bag my inventory was "broken" again. I adjusted the window size to make it one cell wider and sorted my stuff a bit. But when I logged back to my main character, I noticed that its inventory window is "broken" now because it was wider than before. Obviously nobody wants to sort their inventory space every time they extend their bag space on a single character.

I couldn't find any way to fix it for myself and also asked my guildies if that's true that inventory window dimensions are account wide.

Thanks.

Edited by Rihar.3465

Portal tomes and the world boss timer item open windows that load behind the inventory, necessitating either closing or moving the inventory screen to interact. I reported this a few times over the last two years but it still does this. Seems like an easy QOL fix. 

Also, we need fishing bags or another way to store lures and bait; they take up an unseemly amount of inventory space. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Please change the EOD legendary precursors so they cannot be accidentally discarded by combining with three other exotic weapons in the mystic forge. Prior precursors were protected from this, but the new ones are not; I accidentally threw the precursor I earned through the Return metas into the Mystic Toilet; please change it so future players won't make that mistake. There is no reason anybody would throw a legendary precursor into the Forge, unless it is to make the legendary. 

57 minutes ago, Alastair.8576 said:

Please change the EOD legendary precursors so they cannot be accidentally discarded by combining with three other exotic weapons in the mystic forge. Prior precursors were protected from this, but the new ones are not; I accidentally threw the precursor I earned through the Return metas into the Mystic Toilet; please change it so future players won't make that mistake. There is no reason anybody would throw a legendary precursor into the Forge, unless it is to make the legendary. 

In case you are unaware, contacting the CS Team will likely enable a return of your precursor.

Good luck.

community content additions/support 

Supporting community content

So we got a bunch of community driven activities. And when the Wvw and steam stuff are done, maybe it would cool to add some small stuff to make the community driven activities a bit more official and fun. I don’t know if these are easy, hard or not worth implementing. I’ve only seen videos of gvg and beetle racing tracks so maybe these ideas sucks but I’ll give it a shot:

—————

Beetle racing

Start, checkpoint and goal/finish decoration. Interacting with start decoration as commander lets you start a countdown for the race. people in the squad are the contestants. As you reach the goal you see the placements of all contestants.

A neat addition to this could be the ability to choose which mounts (or even no mounts) are useable in given racetrack.

As a final note. An official instanced race map would be godlike.

—————

GVG

Simplest way I could think of to make this more official without adding a bunch of assets would be a new guild mission type. Starting this mission would match your guild with a guild doing the same. It would also start a timer (maybe 15-30 minutes) and spawn a node at a random location in EOTM. It is now up to both guilds to search for the node and capture it (It should be a slow capture like bloodlust). Which ever guild gets the node or has its color on the node when the time runs out wins the mission.

To avoid any griefing. Have a separate instance of the eotm map for the two guilds’ members only.

Just some ideas 🙂 good night

• Confused 1

Since I already know tonics need to be disabled while on mounts:
If, and ONLY IF a tonic can be used during combat could you add a toggle in the settings called... lets say "Remember Combat Tonics". If this toggle is on: When a player mounts, if they had a tonic that can be used in combat (such as "Endless Embiggening Tonic" or "Endless Miniature Tonic") active before mounting that tonic is 'remembered' and when the player unmounts the tonic is automatically turned on again. It's a bit of a pain to have to toggle these tonics on again every time I need to move small distances on a mount.

Edited by GravenFear.1329
  • Like 1

For people with Commander Tags to not have to always have the tag on/up when creating a squad. Sometimes I want to create a squad without picking up people on the map, whether it be because I am doing something with a group of friends that is just a bit too large for a party or just trying to work with a smaller group or for guild recruitment purposes via LFG. I don't always want to be visible on the map with my squad. It would even just help to give people time to set up without being bombarded about what they could be doing.

Edited by hellsqueen.3045

guild missions

1) WvW missions, like supply caravans and capture camp, still require 3 players when they're completable by 1, while PvE missions require only 1 when it recommends 15. the request is to remove the required players requirement in WvW missions for consistency.

2) PvE missions stale, with practically no new missions since the feature launched (with 2-3 world events being the only new addition). there could be more Jumping Puzzles and world events added. there are bounties in PoF that could be added, mount races could be added, new maps could be added int he core region that include more guild missions (like the area north of Brisban Wilds, if it's not slated for future Living World stories). a new mode called "Expeditions" could be added, where an area would need to be explored, but random encounters would be met, instead of always being the same every time you do it. certain map zone meta-event-chains could be included in "World Event Chains" that could be started by the guild doing the mission. (or maybe even new event chains could be created for the missions.)

● Please add core tyria mastery points to LWS1 as rewards.

● Please increase the amount of Geodes drops.

Right now the drop rate is very mediocre at best, and it's taking me almost a month... yes, a month, and still have a few recipes to buy.

This is getting to a point that is a very tedious and  boring process.

I did mention that I don't want to spend an eternity in Dry Top, but I won't move on from this until I get the mastery point from the fossilized insects weapons.

Otherwise I'll never get anything done in this game.

It took much less time to get the mounts than this. 

It should not take this long to gather enough geodes for the mastery point.

This is old stuff now. Outdated. Needs a refresh.

● Please increase the quality and amount of drops from triple trouble in order to incentive players to return to this achievement... including higher probability of a legendary weapon.

Not a lot of people do this anymore, and always fail from lack of players.

● Please consider adding siege turtle to WvW.

I don't have the expansion, but think it would be a useful addition to it.

● Please add a set of mount skins to WvW reward track... other than the Warclaw.

Even if it is a naff one.... or a rejected concept art.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 1

Can we get burning immunity removed from Destroyers? Doesn't even seem to apply to all of them, like some bosses don't have it. Just seems like the remnants of an idea that never panned out and all it does in practice is make it slightly harder for classes that use burning to kill those specific mobs, without having wider relevance as a mechanic.

Add ascended armor chests to the hard world bosses. Tequatl and Triple Trouble already have a chance to reward ascended armor pieces. You have Legendary equipment now for the masochists who want to grind out this stuff.

At least remove the much-loathed timegating.

Edited by narwhalsbend.7059
  • Confused 2

May we please have our Gliders slipped into our Character gear window somehow?  I've got 6 unique "looks" (all different ascended armor / weapon builds) on my main character (Fur Pouncalot) and the glider I have equipped only works with the 1st one- the other 5 are really jarring as their backpacks (usually wings) all get ripped off of them and swapped back to the original (and sadly the only) glider I can have equipped at a time on that character.   I find it rather jarring and it breaks immersion.

• Confused 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:52 AM, hellsqueen.3045 said:

For people with Commander Tags to not have to always have the tag on/up when creating a squad. Sometimes I want to create a squad without picking up people on the map, whether it be because I am doing something with a group of friends that is just a bit too large for a party or just trying to work with a smaller group or for guild recruitment purposes via LFG. I don't always want to be visible on the map with my squad. It would even just help to give people time to set up without being bombarded about what they could be doing.

Does this not work for you:  If desired, a commander can hide their icon from all but those inside of their squad by enabling the "Private Squad" setting in the squad UI. Conversely, any player can disable seeing commander tags outside of their squad via the general options menu.

• Confused 1

After seeing that Guild Wars 1 turned 17 Years old today (Congrats!)

There were some things I noticed from GW1 that we don't have in GW2. 

One of the biggest that I REALLY miss:

-Guild Alliance System  Link from GW1 Wiki for those who don't know

Yes, we have 5 guild slots; however, those are fast to fill up. Especially if you're active on Twitch or Youtube.

It would be nice to give people the option to create an Alliance network of guilds for chatting purposes without forcing people to chose which of their 5 slots they have to sacrifice to accommodate a network.  This would allow for Stream teams to do an alliance, an alliance for Hard Core PvP guilds or whatever else. 

This would just fee up so much room for guilds and allow for more networking within the community via /alliance

------

For Dungeons and Lower Level T3 and below Fractals, I think it would be cool to have "Heroes" or "Henchmen" make a return; but, with the way GW2 is setup i don't see a way this can be done. It would just  be a nice feature for those of us who play at very odd hours of the day when those spots are ghost towns with very long wait times to fill in LFG.

------

I would love to see more customization done on the Character Select Screen. 

-Vanilla

-Heart of Thorns

-Path of Fire

-End of Dragons

-Guild Wars 1 Prophecies

-Guild Wars 1 Factions 

-Guild Wars 1 Night Fall

-Guild Wars 1 Eye of the North

The GW1 being unlocked if you link an account that owns those. Would be a nice touch. Especially for those who migrated their character (spiritually if you will) from GW1 to GW2  (made a character similar to their gw1 character name and all) 

---------

I think it would also be nice to update the character select screen with regards to the ribbon on the right. 

-The mastery Icon should update to the current mastery color 

-PvP rank should definitely be updated

A) Replace it with Season Rank

B) Update the animal head to show the season rank. So  Mithril Dragon 

C) Underneath the PvP rank, adding the season rank 

• Confused 1

With the return of LWS1, I am wondering if it would be possible to add alternative ways to farm Pristine Toxic Spore Samples. Maybe as a reward with new strike missions? These are currently only really found in harvest nodes in the open world map, but are used for crafting various utilities, sigils, etc. Maybe bring back something like the Toxic Seed Box (purchasable with red prophet shards or something [I'm guessing red shards are going to be fore core/LWS1 strikes]?)

• Confused 1