[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

The turtle as it is now is basically good for a few events in the game. I personally haven't used it once since I got it, I had no reason to as I don't have the ability to shoot myself and I hate it when someone boards me as they usually just fire a whole volley somehow completely off and then pop out. I don't understand how the developers with so much experience could come up with such a stupid mechanic for the turtle. as someone already wrote here it's a huge disappointment, I was really looking forward to the turtle and it's really unusable

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

Only if prophet shards also become tradeable.

And dungeon runes.

You'll get no argument from me! 

Part of how "play how you want" should be is adequately rewarding players for participating in their preferred content and allowing others to opt out without punishing them away from utility/power rewards. Skins, chairs, etc that's okay, but locking out runes, leggies, and similar game-defining things shouldn't be.

Desert Crafting Material Coffer: please let us select the amount as well if you have multiple coffers in your inventory so you can open a full stack at once, instead of having to open every. single. chest. manually with even a confirmation pop-up on top to make thinge worse, slower, and giving us more RSI....

(tbh I am surprised this hasn't changed already since the item is fairly old already and for years ppl have been complaining about them afaik)

• Confused 1

Jade Bot Recycle doesn't work, even though it is not disabled atm.
https://i.imgur.com/zSbnGHF.png

Please give us more methods to recycle junk, not just weird trigger "on loot".

Maybe "Recycle all" button. Or make Jade Bot recycle all junk "on loot" from "recycle" category not just respective stack.

p.s. Junk on screenshot I've got from trophy bags.

Edited by Aeon.4583
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

How about driver gets 6 shots. If you have passenger your passenger works the guns instead and gets 12 shots. Or alternatively the passenger doubles the speed of the reload of the guns with the theory being a dedicated person can work faster reloading guns than a driver. 

I like this.

Not sure they could implement a different reload speed with a gunner with the way they have it coded, but the 6/12 split would be an elegant solution for ammo, and then just disable the guns for the driver when a gunner is aboard, that way driver and gunner aren't competing for ammo.

Hello, I was looking at the current "Annual Nostalgia " Achievement and I noticed that it is capped at 1000 AP. With 50 AP maximum earned in a year it would take 20 years to complete it. (I dont remember specifically the other Festivals but I assume is pretty much the same for all of them)

Since the game is already 9-10 years old for people who start playing now it would seem.....

I was wondering, wouldnt be better (is there a chance) to allow new players to complete the achievement multiple times for each year they werent around before? Maybe idk make the tasks incremental to make it a bit harder?

Im sure someone will say " if u werent around u just missed it " , but I would argue this way: AP is even a bit like competition so in my opinion anyone at any time should be allowed to gain old achievements at any moment. (and yea I know many AP arent around anymore but I always hope they can be made available anytime soon) For sure would be incredibily time consuming to compete with people with 45k achievements starting from scratch (or even impossible) but  to know from the start that u can only reach idk 35k dosnt look like the best decision. AP in the end is one thing that makes people involved in the game.

Like I consider myself to be an AP hunter but when I look at the impossibility to gain any old stuff I kinda lose interest and makes it a bit worthless.

TY for the attention

• Confused 1

On 4/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, ShadowKain.9410 said:

Turtle QoL Suggestions

As a "combat mount", we need to be able to mount IN COMBAT. For the other mounts it makes sense, but for the turtle not being able to mount in combat is nonsensical.

Also there are several places in the game where the turtle makes sense to use but due to mounts in general being locked, it cannot be. The most egregious is the Frost Citadel in Drizzlewood. You are literally participating in a Siege and the SIEGE turtle is locked out. In EoD itself, there are really only 2 places the turtle is useful (Aspenwood Meta and DE Meta), so letting them be useful elsewhere in the game where they make sense would go a long way to justifying the cost and effort to unlock.

I agree that the turtle needs to be functional without the gunner too. Sitting in a turtle spamming "get in" in the chat is not fun. Cooperative does not mean nonfunctional without cooperation.

• Like 1

I wish new players , at the start of the game  and every few hours , would be pulled "through the Mist , in a different timezone" to the best zerg contents from random expanions , until they die (the solo personal  instance will follow afterwards) .

That way we don't have  to change the Core game much and we retain their excitement , rather than they must do boring quests for xxx hours , until they go to the "fun contents" .

edit2: Or pull them in Strike , in the 11th spot , or T3 Fractal in 6th  , where none can kick you and they offer even the most pitiful -assistance

edit3: Or create the next expanion of combination >  pulled through the Mist > newest expanion>temporary amnesia  (you don't recognize people(Majory)) >  die (specific attacks from a single mobs rather than 600 damage will do 100k)  > Core  > popup that allow you to in  expansion , or continue the Core Story , till you meet the characters

Or spent money and the 5th expansion , shaking up the Core, with alternate dimensions  and Badgar instead of Scarlet , terrorizing the Core

(Taimi invented a time Machine , so she tries to minimize  the totalvictims , or avert our silly decisions)  .

Edit: And some simple information , about the gear .

"That the best gear  is crafted , with minimul effort".

Or  you can use he starting gear in lvl1 areas and upgrade them by playing , or  you can use custom-made by  your fellows players in TP .

First Achendand  should be almost free for new accounts .

Simple message in the loading screen  and not Asian games where you must put gems into sockets and you are like : "wtf -too-many-things-i dont understand-i guess it  will be a pain to find  these gems , because they will want Me to grind"

Edited by Ryuk.6840
  • Confused 3

Noticed that I reached the point where I gathered a lot of chili and prismatic ore from the home instance nodes. Also the emblems from WvW kills and capturing objcetives. That stuff has limited use: You either need to delete it or keep it in inventory. (To the point where I still keep some but for the stuff like Chili I just fill up the storage ... then not gathering anymore. The stuff in storage is enough.)

I know the prismatic ore still hase crafting options. (Do not want to convert it to ingots right now though - since it would cost other resources as well. Just leaving the 1500 in storage :D) Chili though ... once you bought everything at the map vendor (minis and skins and stuff) ... I could not find another thing to dump it. And buying everything happens pretty fast. Especially if  you also get skins from doing PvP (the 1-time reward tracks).

Doesn't seem like it is worth to craft the food and sell it on TP? (Never did the calculation but if it was worth then probably everyone would do it ... bringing the prices down.) Vendors to trade in for other stuff ... would be nice. Doesn't need to be expensive or exclusive stuff. Even if it was just trading for unboung magic or stuff (going to the wallet) - I think this would be nice to have.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2

A good QoL change would be to add a boundary on the minimap that shows you where you can be to finish the heart once you get within range. I have a friend who started playing GW2 and he's enjoying the game but the only big complaint he has is that he'll see two enemies nearby that are the same but only one of them count because the other one is outside of the heart's range with no indication except for seeing the heart's objective dissappear.

• Like 1

Pretty please, increase the drop rate for unidentified Fossilised Insect from dry top.

I made about 10 sandstorm runs since yesterday and only got 2 of those.

I have to do this as part of the last 3 mastery points I need to start unlock and start crafting legendary weapons.

Since I always fail Triple Trouble and can't get the remaining 2 points I would get from it... if we got enough people to win.

I don't like losing, and seem to be doing a lot in this game... but worse is to spend an eternity in Dry Top after this item.

Otherwise I will end up giving up yet another thing, just as I mentioned Triple Trouble, aswell as Retrospective Runaround, Dive Master, etc... 

Starting Legendary Crafting means that in future I might spend real world money in order to accelerate the process, but without masteries, I'm not getting there anytime soon, ANet.

You guys should think about this and make it easier on yourselves.

There's money to be made from legendaries, if you only review and adjust a few older aspects of the game.

Thanks for your time and consideration. 

1 hour ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Pretty please, increase the drop rate for unidentified Fossilised Insect from dry top.

I made about 10 sandstorm runs since yesterday and only got 2 of those.

I have to do this as part of the last 3 mastery points I need to start unlock and start crafting legendary weapons.

Since I always fail Triple Trouble and can't get the remaining 2 points I would get from it... if we got enough people to win.

I don't like losing, and seem to be doing a lot in this game... but worse is to spend an eternity in Dry Top after this item.

Otherwise I will end up giving up yet another thing, just as I mentioned Triple Trouble, aswell as Retrospective Runaround, Dive Master, etc... 

Starting Legendary Crafting means that in future I might spend real world money in order to accelerate the process, but without masteries, I'm not getting there anytime soon, ANet.

You guys should think about this and make it easier on yourselves.

There's money to be made from legendaries, if you only review and adjust a few older aspects of the game.

Thanks for your time and consideration. 

You can easily do Retrospective Runaround following the guide in the Wiki, or even easier using TacO.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

+More item storages.

I am completely overwhelmed with all the trash I got in my bags.

Material storages need to be bigger like over 1000++ pcs. and also ascended materials need to go to storage automatically.

Same goes for random quest and event items. There is way too much items I have absolutely no clue if I am ever going to need them, or do they have any value. Add button that cleans all stupid crap away at store or something, whatever.

Also put black lion, mythic crafting etc materials in storage.

Turn skin items into transmutation tokens automatically and add skins to inventory. Way too much crap in bags.

Add extra dedicated bag slots for funny items like tranformation widgets.

Add more global account slots for remote bank/revival etc items so you don't need to go shuffle your bank so often.

• Haha 1