[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

6 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

There's a checkmark box that you can click on to hide your backpacks. No one will see it. Go to your equipment panel and unselect the backpack. ANET doesn't need to do anything - they already have.

Maybe, I didn't write it properly because English is not my first language or it is not for yourself. But I'm referring too when I set the character models too lowest setting OTHER players backpacks still show with the generic models. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Min Min.9368 said:

Yep. The asking never never ends. Perhaps hide everyone and shows only yourself and the npcs, turning this mmo game into a spo (single player online) game 😂

So, Im requesting for backpacks to be hidden when someone sets characters too lowest setting (other players). Meaning all characters are generic basic models, for some reason with this option on; I'm able to take away mount skins and armor but not the backpack?!?

I play GW2 an MMORPG  too play with other players in instances such as PvP, Fractals, Strikes and Raids. I don't see how me asking to have an option too hide the backpacks is me asking for an single player game.

If you care soo much about your vanity, this soo called GW2 fashion wars which is a splurge of pixels ruining the game immersion. which I might add breaks the artwork of the world of GW2. If you think that you should be able too force OTHER players to see what items or gemstore items you bought or achieved. I think you should rethink your narcissism. Obviously if that is the case, I really hope it is not.

Edited by Blindness.7215
Grammer
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

See my post? Nothing needs to be done. You already have that option on your equipment panel.

Maybe you skipped the part but I'm referring too OTHER players. If you read my post properly you can understand that part. My apologies for my English if that was the issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blindness.7215 said:

Maybe you skipped the part but I'm referring too OTHER players. If you read my post properly you can understand that part. My apologies for my English if that was the issue.

Did not skip it. As you said, your English isn't very good. Probably would have been more clear if you had said "So I don't see other players' backpacks."  The way it was written it sounded like you wanted to hide your backpack.

Oh well, if not seeing other players backpacks was your intent, lets just go the final step. We'll let you set them to stick figures with no details at all. Trying to get ANET to make it so you could hide other people's backpacks is a waste of their time and effort. They have many other things in the game t hat still need to be fixed.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

We'll let you set them to stick figures with no details at all.

I mean that's basically what setting character model quality to lowest does already - the backpacks and trinket effects are the notable exceptions.

In my opinion this makes a lot of sense as the setting is there to aid people playing on low end machines to achieve reasonable FPS and no stuttering. I'm playing on a laptop with linux for example and outside of instanced content, I'm pretty much forced on this setting to protect my game's performance. Any fancy backpack that doesn't need to be rendered would definitely help my performance and it would simply be consistent with how every other piece of equipment is handled.

Edited by Endaris.1452
added link to gallery of generic character models
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Did not skip it. As you said, your English isn't very good. Probably would have been more clear if you had said "So I don't see other players' backpacks."  The it was written it sounded like you wanted to hide your backpack.

II think the message itself is clear (he mentioned "other players" in the first sentence). But the confusion is probably caused by the title.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, GODh.3892 said:

II think the message itself is clear (he mentioned "other players" in the first sentence). But the confusion is probably caused by the title.

He actually said "from other players".  And yes the title leads you to think they only wanted to hide their backpack.

Still a waste of time for ANET to do.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Not only a waste of time, but a detriment to their sales.  There's a reason most of the flashy backpacks are in the gem store.  This is simply not happening and you should accept that people will wear what they want in this and many other MMOs.  There is zero reason to cater to you on this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mazinger.1084 said:

Not only a waste of time, but a detriment to their sales.  There's a reason most of the flashy backpacks are in the gem store.  This is simply not happening and you should accept that people will wear what they want in this and many other MMOs.  There is zero reason to cater to you on this.

At that point don't allow lowest character setting affect armor, gliders, mount skins.  I accept people will wear what they want but I sure dont see why it should be forced on others.

I understand the GEMSTORE is how alot of the revenue comes from for GW2. However, Me included I buy my gemstore vanity items for myself. This is someone who has spent well over 1k USD the first year. 

Pvp also has a competitive option which also make all classes and races standardized models. Which do NOT include the backpack. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blindness.7215 said:

At that point don't allow lowest character setting affect armor, gliders, mount skins.  I accept people will wear what they want but I sure dont see why it should be forced on others.

I understand the GEMSTORE is how alot of the revenue comes from for GW2. However, Me included I buy my gemstore vanity items for myself. This is someone who has spent well over 1k USD the first year. 

Pvp also has a competitive option which also make all classes and races standardized models. Which do NOT include the backpack. 

The option to disable your own back item is the most you'll get, and that's how it should be.  Part of the value of "vanity" items is that players get to show them off as part of their overall appearance.  That value is brought to nil if you are the only person that will see your custom look.  PvP players couldn't care less about appearance, and standardized models are an option for a better competitive experience... it has nothing to do with turning off peoples' flashy back items.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Mazinger.1084 said:

The option to disable your own back item is the most you'll get, and that's how it should be.  Part of the value of "vanity" items is that players get to show them off as part of their overall appearance.  That value is brought to nil if you are the only person that will see your custom look.  PvP players couldn't care less about appearance, and standardized models are an option for a better competitive experience... it has nothing to do with turning off peoples' flashy back items.

How can you even think that is how it should be?

A) Lowest graphical setting is for performance increase mount skins and armor standarized character model but we allow backpiece be a thing. Its more of an overlooked option so it fully does its purpose.

B) By your logic at the moment, all armor skins & mount skins are nil. People who grinded for their armor skins/legendary aswell.  This is with the currently what is available right now in the settings.

Im not sure how far in you are into the game. But I have legendary trinkets, medium and heavy armor sets done, that gear is not nil for me and I always other skins on it. I use that option not for Performance save but I don't want those splurge of pixels all over my screen when doing competitive content PvE or PvP wise. You obviously haven't had Jumping puzzle experiences.

If you buy your items because ' players get to show them off as part of their overall appearance thus forcing others to see that splurge and not for yourself' Idk you should revaluate.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Blindness.7215 said:

How can you even think that is how it should be?

A) Lowest graphical setting is for performance increase mount skins and armor standarized character model but we allow backpiece be a thing. Its more of an overlooked option so it fully does its purpose.

B) By your logic at the moment, all armor skins & mount skins are nil. People who grinded for their armor skins/legendary aswell.  This is with the currently what is available right now in the settings.

Im not sure how far in you are into the game. But I have legendary trinkets, medium and heavy armor sets done, that gear is not nil for me and I always other skins on it. I use that option not for Performance save but I don't want those splurge of pixels all over my screen when doing competitive content PvE or PvP wise. You obviously haven't had Jumping puzzle experiences.

If you buy your items because ' players get to show them off as part of their overall appearance thus forcing others to see that splurge and not for yourself' Idk you should revaluate.

It's just a game... not really that important in the grand scheme.  But if you think people aren't buying cosmetic items to be able to show them off, then Idk you should be less naïve.  This is human nature and something game developers exploit consistently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Mazinger.1084 said:

It's just a game... not really that important in the grand scheme.  But if you think people aren't buying cosmetic items to be able to show them off, then Idk you should be less naïve.  This is human nature and something game developers exploit consistently.

I know its just a game, 10 years still under 4k hours. All good, this is a forum for discussion. Thank you, for giving your interesting point of view. I don't have a naïve point of view these are settings GW2 has its not something new, I just want too see how the community feels about it.  Have a good day!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I for one see no reason not to allow players to customize their experience so that they don't have to deal with such displays or resource hogs if not desired. And as gem store sales become a lesser percentage of their income due to their new expansion model, it may be time to reconsider the use of current players as billboards for their cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Blindness.7215 said:

Maybe, I didn't write it properly because English is not my first language or it is not for yourself. But I'm referring too when I set the character models too lowest setting OTHER players backpacks still show with the generic models. 

It's not you. Your English is more than sufficient. They're deliberately being obtuse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mazinger.1084 said:

yes its totally fine for a single model to drop your fps from stable 90 to 50

anet wont trivialize your 10 bucks spent on a gemstore legendary at any cost, but they will completely kitten over your ingame resources and time spent without second thought

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Wouldn't be neat , if we could offer OW Strikes  a 100% chance to get the rewards , and after a month we incorporate a version  of them into the Fractal  as 5-man , with slightly chance for the rewards ? I wouldn't say No ,  to a party merger (10 man) mechanic if people opt to in the UI .

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

1. Ability to white list accounts so they don't have to have the 1+ minute / 2 emails "spam prevention" restriction applied.  For legit sharing of batches of items (for instance my main has an infinite upgrade stripper so I send off my excess mwk+ items to that account routinely for that purpose) but I have to wait 1+ minutes between every 2 emails for what reason?   I can understand (even with a white list) maybe 10s or so between emails just to regulate flow but 1 minute is way too much when we're restricted to just 5 items per email.

2. When we send an email we have to manually acknowledge an email that go through, but we get no direct notification at all when an email does NOT go through and silently bounces back.  Yeah, you might see a mail carrier swoop in two seconds later, or you might not.  You might notice the bounced email appearing in your email list (assuming your list isn't full), or you might not.  What I'd like to see is the system check the full/not full status of the recipient's email box BEFORE trying to send the mail and then act accordingly (not full = send, full = notify and abort).  This alone would eliminate the whole bouncing email problem.   In addition I'd prefer the email sent acknowledgement to NOT be something we have to do manually.  If we send and email and we're not told it bounced (or some other error) it seems safe to assume it was sent correctly.

3.  Relevant to #1, a switch to optionally turn off regular "To:" autocomplete so it will defer only to entries in your white list for autocompletion.   The unrestricted autocomplete is too prone to human error sending things to randos when you're in a hurry, and having to type in the full name of any or your alts / friends is tedious (and also prone to errors). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

yes its totally fine for a single model to drop your fps from stable 90 to 50

anet wont trivialize your 10 bucks spent on a gemstore legendary at any cost, but they will completely kitten over your ingame resources and time spent without second thought

Thank you for the post & video.

• Like 1