[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 7/9/2023 at 6:15 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

unfortunately, arenanet doesn't seem to have a team dedicated to accessibility, as we've had very few accessibility changes over the years. i think what the game needs the most is a color-blind mode, rather than just continuing to add more effects to make things visible.

I agree with that, and in addition, there needs to be a mode for people who have sensory gating difficulties.

To me in a group everything looks like a glowy mess, and I have difficulty to find the commander, the enemy, or anything else because there is just *so much* visual information that I can't make sense of it. 

ps, I don't wear a lovely glowy cape or anything like that, for reasons of not wanting to add to the glowy mess

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

A method to put a marker on myself would be very beneficial for WvW and other large group content where positioning is important.   I lose sight of my character in blobs and have a hard time determining where I am exactly in relation to the tag.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My inventory is cluttered up with useless ascended rings and trinkets because I'm a regular player in fractals but Ascended Salvage Kits are always so rare, you get about one charge for every 5 useless ascended accessories they throw at you, expecting you to buy when one singular charge costs 1 gold and 2 relics, where you could even lose money just to salvage ascended. It just doesn't make any sense. Either Asc Salvage Kits should be halved in price or their drop rates should be massively buffed, that or make it so that Black Lion Salvage Kits can also salvage Ascended, a BLACK LION item should be able to do that much. This would be a massive quality of life increase as people's bags and banks won't be cluttered up with useless ascended gears that we've earned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just toss/sell accessories; amulets and backs are always worth salvaging for high value rare salvage drops. Infused rings tend to break even with the matrices you get although I'm not sure if attuning them first is still worth.

Finally, if you play fractals a lot, you should just get the fractal gobbler. Just yesterday I was able to buy a 20 use salvage kit for 25 fractal relics from it. It's kind of rare but the couple times per year I get it is more than sufficient to even out the gap between salvage tool drops and ascended trinket drops that I regularly get from fractals and over a long time it eventually pays for itself.

• Like 2

As per title, some backpacks, like the Lightbinder Blades Wings -backpack, won't allow for dyeing despite the corresponding glider being dyeable, for example. I would like to see most, if not all, backpacks being dyeable. I am somewhat miffed about this as GW2 is all about style and customization in the endgame. I think this would improve the game overall as it would allow for more different fashion combinations. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, BlastWarrior.3245 said:

As per title, some backpacks, like the Lightbinder Blades Wings -backpack, won't allow for dyeing despite the corresponding glider being dyeable, for example. I would like to see most, if not all, backpacks being dyeable. I am somewhat miffed about this as GW2 is all about style and customization in the endgame. I think this would improve the game overall as it would allow for more different fashion combinations. 

Again Anet said when the tech got introduced into the game no backwards compability.

So only backpacks that are made after this change will be dyable.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Blocked Players are not shown or hidden in LFG. I love the PUG experience but i don't want to join groups with someone on my blocklist. I can't remember most of the players on my blocklist so it would be nice if they have a different colour in LFG like red or black so i could avoid joining this groups and viceversa.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, kaese.8765 said:

Blocked Players are not shown or hidden in LFG. I love the PUG experience but i don't want to join groups with someone on my blocklist. I can't remember most of the players on my blocklist so it would be nice if they have a different colour in LFG like red or black so i could avoid joining this groups and viceversa.

So is this only blocked commanders or will it hide even if 1 out 9 in the squad is blocked?

Please ANET, make the Etherbound Backpiece have a dye option. We can dye the glider, but not the back piecse. This is not fair, because now the backpiece doesn't match the wings.

A lot of other backpieces have dye options. I know this one was from before the dye option for backpiceses, but please put it in. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Again Anet said when the tech got introduced into the game no backwards compability.

So only backpacks that are made after this change will be dyable.

i think exceptions should be made for all the backpacks that have dyeable glider skins because the texture work already exists.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The game engine should have a way to pause or recover if you lose connection during an instance.

What happens is I think in a long instance, maybe the client only needs a great connection to the server when fetching a new cutscene or so on. So you can be playing a very long exhausting instance and not realize there isn't a connection until you seem to have finished it and the game client is trying to fetch what seems to be the last cutscene or the reward.

But the connection was lost and your client is kicked for having no connection. And then you have to play it all over again. Indeed if there's trouble in the connection you might have to play it over more than once. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think exceptions should be made for all the backpacks that have dyeable glider skins because the texture work already exists.

Accept that they have  to recode the entier backpack so they rather make new items they can sell then redo old ones mate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

crafting is very costly. It's possible that it has become more costly over time with different changes to drops and things but without a related change to crafting requirements. For example I hear that Mystic Coins used to have a much more plentiful acquisition rate, and now non-ascended feast recipes are inordinately expensive.

I do think it's reasonable that it takes many steps to craft something like an ascended feast and I don't mind planting and composting and crafting stuff to make it, but the cost of these is prohibitive to many players. For an item that lasts 5 minutes as shareable and 1 hour effect, the cost in game coins (and time investment) for materials is too high.

Similarly it should be complicated and somewhat expensive to craft ascended and legendary gear, but not so much so that players opt out or feel very discouraged even after finishing.

In order to gain all the materials to make a single legendary rune or sigil, for example (or replace the materials you've used so you can, idk, make another) it costs significantly more than a griffon, which was recently deemed too expensive. However the griffon is something you need just one of. For a sigil or rune you need 4 or 6 (or rather 4 and 6), not counting aquatic gear (to include that it would be 8 and 7).

There should be a reduction in, say, how much material goes into a deldrimor steel/similar, and how many charms/symbols it takes to make a Gift or Sigils/Gift of Runes, and so on, or else drastically improve the drop rate and perhaps add additional ways to get the more difficult crafting drops. Or look for something that's going wrong in drops (people besides me report that various types of drops are irregular and not just from diminishing returns).

For instance, there are a couple ways to get provisioner tokens, and several ways to get obsidian shards, but only 2 ways I know of to get the charms and symbols for runes: very stingy drops from salvaging (much too stingy for something that can be used to make crafting level 75 items!) or relatedly expensive trading post purchase (considering you need like 5 to buy a recipe and several to lots to craft anything at level 80). Dark matter is similarly hard to get. 

I really enjoy crafting. This is the first game where, when I want something I *could* craft, I still will buy the finished item from the player exchange (BL Trading Post here) because it's a better use of resources! It costs less to buy a finished sigil for instance, than to buy the materials to make one, and I can't just go to a specific area to farm a specific kind of drop (and can't keep track of what would be where anyway as there are incredibly many mats, but because of diminishing returns I can't just look up the area then go out and get enough drops of scales of a particular level to make a set of a particular kind of gear). Hey my character's labor in crafting should be worth something lol. 

In addition, mats are so expensive and difficult to get if you don't yet have a lot of gold, that you cannot level your crafting while you level your first (or second...) character in order to make leveling gear.

This is again the first game in which I am not actively crafting on all my characters, because it's very costly to level crafting. 

I still like the crafting! The system of discovering recipes is very interesting. Just the balance between obtaining materials and how many are needed, is fairly off. And it would be good if any crafting continues to have a small crafting level gain even after your level is increased, so you can use the relatively inexpensive options and not have to make tons of expensive gear that isn't a level you can use.

Many players decide it's more worthwhile to sell all their crafting drops and not do any crafting, not because they aren't interested in crafting but because this balance is off. People want to have gold for cosmetics and so on, not just sink it all into crafting.

I realize changing things up would be an inconvenience to a lot of players, but it might be better in the end. 

Edited by willow.8209
clarity
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

crafting is very costly. It's possible that it has become more costly over time with different changes to drops and things but without a related change to crafting requirements. For example I hear that Mystic Coins used to have a much more plentiful acquisition rate, and now non-ascended feast recipes are inordinately expensive.

I do think it's reasonable that it takes many steps to craft something like an ascended feast and I don't mind planting and composting and crafting stuff to make it, but the cost of these is prohibitive to many players. For an item that lasts 5 minutes as shareable and 1 hour effect, the cost in game coins (and time investment) for materials is too high.

Similarly it should be complicated and somewhat expensive to craft ascended and legendary gear, but not so much so that players opt out or feel very discouraged even after finishing.

In order to gain all the materials to make a single legendary rune or sigil, for example (or replace the materials you've used so you can, idk, make another) it costs significantly more than a griffon, which was recently deemed too expensive. However the griffon is something you need just one of. For a sigil or rune you need 4 or 6 (or rather 4 and 6), not counting aquatic gear (to include that it would be 8 and 7).

There should be a reduction in, say, how much material goes into a deldrimor steel/similar, and how many charms/symbols it takes to make a Gift or Sigils/Gift of Runes, and so on, or else drastically improve the drop rate and perhaps add additional ways to get the more difficult crafting drops. Or look for something that's going wrong in drops (people besides me report that various types of drops are irregular and not just from diminishing returns).

For instance, there are a couple ways to get provisioner tokens, and several ways to get obsidian shards, but only 2 ways I know of to get the charms and symbols for runes: very stingy drops from salvaging (much too stingy for something that can be used to make crafting level 75 items!) or relatedly expensive trading post purchase (considering you need like 5 to buy a recipe and several to lots to craft anything at level 80). Dark matter is similarly hard to get. 

I really enjoy crafting. This is the first game where, when I want something I *could* craft, I still will buy the finished item from the player exchange (BL Trading Post here) because it's a better use of resources! It costs less to buy a finished sigil for instance, than to buy the materials to make one, and I can't just go to a specific area to farm a specific kind of drop (and can't keep track of what would be where anyway as there are incredibly many mats, but because of diminishing returns I can't just look up the area then go out and get enough drops of scales of a particular level to make a set of a particular kind of gear). Hey my character's labor in crafting should be worth something lol. 

In addition, mats are so expensive and difficult to get if you don't yet have a lot of gold, that you cannot level your crafting while you level your first (or second...) character in order to make leveling gear.

This is again the first game in which I am not actively crafting on all my characters, because it's very costly to level crafting. 

I still like the crafting! The system of discovering recipes is very interesting. Just the balance between obtaining materials and how many are needed, is fairly off. And it would be good if any crafting continues to have a small crafting level gain even after your level is increased, so you can use the relatively inexpensive options and not have to make tons of expensive gear that isn't a level you can use.

Many players decide it's more worthwhile to sell all their crafting drops and not do any crafting, not because they aren't interested in crafting but because this balance is off. People want to have gold for cosmetics and so on, not just sink it all into crafting.

I realize changing things up would be an inconvenience to a lot of players, but it might be better in the end. 

As a woodworker, I've always been very confused as to how 3 logs make 1 board. I try to wrap my head around it every time I'm crafting and I just can't figure it out. Are the three logs hewn into narrow lengths with 90% of the tree wasted, and then those lengths are glued into one board? I feel like it would only make sense the other way around — 1 log is hewn into 3 boards 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

First of all, i want to say this, I am grandmaster craftsman, all of it including scribing. This suggestion is here because after I tried to help out an elderly fellow players who is in their 70s in their crafting, the player plays WvW exclusively, every time he gets killed, people suggest that he needs legendary armors, he started crafting,  6 months ago if not mistaken, along the way he would whisper to ask what's next, what do I do? I can tell it is a struggle for them. I had to hop on a low level toon without any crafting discipline to help him out, guiding them when ever they ask me question, tell them which youtube video to watch, etc and what guide to follow, eventually, when I ask them if they have their legendary a couple of weeks ago, they said they have given up. 

Therefore, is there a way to make crafting easier? make this an option,  yes please guide me thru crafting/ no I like to discover it myself, for instant, if players check yes, when they open up the crafting table, a message will pops up telling them what exactly they can craft with what they have in their bank in bold letters. and tell them how many items they need to purchase from the TP? 

I know this is far reaching request, but it would be nice to have it for players who are actually confused by the current crafting system.

lastly,  think about your player base, if they have started playing GW1 at age 30, all these players would be in their 50 now, if they are in their 40  when they started most of them already in their 60s, I know for a fact there are  octogenarians in the game.

This would help a lot of players.
Thank you.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Can we PLEASE get a setting in the crafting menu to make it so all dropdowns are collapsed by default or have the UI remember what is/isn't collapsed it would be such a minor change but would be incredibly nice QoL. I have almost every recipe in the game so its impossible to just scroll to what I want and is extremely tedious to have to manually hide everything I'm not interacting with every time I close and open the crafting UI.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 9:33 PM, Linken.6345 said:

So is this only blocked commanders or will it hide even if 1 out 9 in the squad is blocked?

There is nobody hidden in LFG but there could be something that makes blocked players visible. Let me explain how it would look like:

Groups (e.g. fractals):

Initiate/Adept/Expert/Master Scales xx-xx 4/5

Player A ( text white color)

Player B (blocked player; text red/black color or just [blocked:accountname]; accountname instead of character name)

Player C (text white color)

Player D (text white color)

Notes:

Language (Optional)

In squads it could look like this:

Commandername 9/10 (when commander is blocked it shows her/his name still below in brackets)

(blocked player account name in red/black color or just [blocked:accountname])

Notes:

Language (Optional)

So the idea behind this is to avoid players you don't want to team up with for some reason. There should also be a timer after multiple kickvotes which prevents a troll from joining over and over again.

Edited by kaese.8765
  • Confused 2

thinking about how the 2 instrument-styled legendary weapons, "The Minstrel" and "Verdarach" both give you novelty instruments, as well as the backpack legendaries giving you glider skins. would like more of that kind of rewards for making a legendary please.

for example, would love to see the legendary rifle "The HMS Divinity" give you a skiff skin that looks like the rifle, or xiquatl giving you a jade bot skin that looks like the flying snake that is summoned while you wield it.

always good to add more value to legendary items.

• Like 1