[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Ley Line Anomalys get defeated too quickly...
It's sad to see people turn up and other players are like "yeah it died within 40seconds sorry, you'll have to wait for the next one"
Maybe too many people are allowed on one instance to kill it? Share the players out amongst more instances? idk the solution to it

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Could "Teleport to Friend"s always be available in the Black Lion Trading Company please?
I got a couple of friends who are new and they want to do the World Boss train but they don't have the waypoints and it would be easier and helpful if they could grab some Teleport to Friends and Teleport to me

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think the game developers missed a trick with Mining and Woodcutting and Gathering - these could be skills/masteries to be trained! 
Maybe it's just because I have come from Runescape? But alot of people there found it really fun
So to start you are only able to Mine/Woodcut/Gather lower level materials and you have to keep Mining/Woodcutting/Gathering to level up those skills/masteries  to be able to Mine/Woodcut/Gather higher materials.

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Is there a possibility to add to the rentals in guild hall the abilities related to their masteries ??
In my opinion the ONLY reason for crafting a mount rental in the guild hall is for people not owning those mounts to be able to try them out or to participate in some fun guildies time and based on that experience decide if they want to get them (especially for the griffon 250 gold)
So why does the rental just give you a glorified glider ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Giving everyone beta testing each big balance patch should lead to less buggy behaviour and a lot faster problems solving which happens everytime these are launched. It will improve gameplay better for us and for them easier to fix stuff right at hand if they listen.

Including new expansion content, areas, features should be testable too.

So give us these a lot more, thank you !

Edited by arazoth.7290
merged thread made it sound weird with other comments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Last 2 balance patches felt like beta 1.0 and 2.0. 1.0 broke lots of stuff. 2.0 fixed some of the stuff but left deadeye in the gutter. So yes, looks like we need beta test servers to avoid these kinds of undercooked balance patches. We'd be due for 3.0 patch but sadly now its all about the expansion hype. So im afraid we gonna have to wait for their attempt to fix balance for quite awhile.

Edited by Carnifex.3275
  • Confused 1

They do have beta tests sometimes, there was one not long after SotO was announced for the new weapon system, and WvW Alliances have had several beta tests. I remember ones for HoT and PoF which also involved playing in the first map for each expansion and trying some of the masteries. I assume they'd do them more often if they thought it was worthwhile, although I'm not sure why they don't.

Anet's way of doing it gets around one problem I've seen with test servers in other games where people will play on them just to muck around with instantly levelled characters, free gold etc. and never actually do whatever they're supposed to be testing. Doing it on the live servers and making it so nothing you do is saved means there's no incentive to participate if you don't want to actually try the beta features, which I assume leads to more useful data.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or Teapot should invite WvW players  , to see how the meta effect the "goup play" and t op PvPer for 1v1 metaplay .

For PvE , is already covered where everyone need to do 42k as meele and 34-36k as ranged + Barrier spamm (necros ) will not triviallize the content

Open source , no secret channels-discord channels , where you can't  even joke with your "friends" :

"there will be crying in the forums" - Empolyee ,  vs "the company think the commnity is stupid" - random Reddit comment , where even Maluk didnt find anything offensive)

Spoiler

(The only thing afterwards is to protect ourself from people spammin the reddit , like the 30% Engi in Redit , claimng that they want the game balance to become better and the company should bring back those 6-8 people from the secret discord .

Restore the "kings":P )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

beta tests servers and beta live servers should both hold no weight on gaining progress/wealth. Didn't even know that on beta that was possible, live server it wasn't atleast 

And yes I tested on live servers the weapons for that would be useable as core.

But their was no testing of the new content, which should be a thing. Same with these relics, not sure if we will be able to test these with next beta for the new weapons included. But new content should be able to get tested for bugs, OP/too ez stuff or whatever needs some tuning because other issues.

Yes we do need beta servers and live testing servers about such content to improve the game in long run. We need it more often during these crucial patches/expansions

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Giving us this, should lead to less buggy behaviour and a lot faster problems solving which happens everytime these are launched. It will improve gameplay better for us and for them easier to fix stuff right at hand if they listen.

So give us these a lot more, thank you !

Like in the real world, with real software companies, and ... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This sounds like a good idea but if we've learned anything from the last 2 balance patches, it won't amount to much since Anet does what they want without listening to feedback, so it would just be extra work for them and the community and end with the same result. It only works if they can take constructive criticism and react to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Hi, 

As we all know we won't get new elite specializations (as for now), so I suggest to rework racial skills and make them accessible to any race by completing collections. The collections would take place in the maps linked to the races and will therefore be accessible to all.  Once completed, the skills would be unlocked for the account
This could bring a new breath into core maps and allow racial traits (and thus the identity of Guild Wars 2) to shine a bit more. It would still let the player chose the race for the visual aspect but also allow everyone to get acces to these skills. They also could be rework with modern balance in mind (boon generation, attunement-like skills, burst invocation, etc.)
The current idea is to work with the 5 playable races, but this idea could be adapted to add skills from the other ones (Kodan, Tengu, Skritt...).

English is not my first language but I'm not really sure if other forums are read, so I'd rather post here, sorry in advance for the mistakes. Also, it may have been suggest before, if so i did'nt find it.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

No.

So much for an argument.

29 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

They shouldn't be skills. They should be made into a new, PvE only, mechanic. That way they could be made fun with no balance issues.

That could be a good idea also, like finishing effect on monster like Aurene legendary have, but with Norn/Asura/Human/Charr/Silvary touch.

But overall it's sad that these skills have no really use outside of maybe leveling, 'cause everything is better than them. I'm not saying we should have overpowered ones, but having my Charr use one Charr skill in a raid/wvw or else could really immerse the player in the world of Tyria. As long as it doesn't force a player to play a specific race in order to play a specific role, could be fun.

In Gw1 they had something like this, where you could work towards earning the different racial skills - so as a human you had access to norn animal spirit abilities for example. 

I actually agree in that it would add more value to the racial skills to make them earnable through a mastery or achievement. However, because these skills are so weak they aren't really viable for much, meaning it might not be worth the effort.  They would have to add perhaps combined racial abilities and buff the strength of them to make it more worth it. 

However it would have to be made relevant to the current story somehow, otherwise I don't see them going back to change old material like this. 

• Confused 1