Which specs do you think need buffs?

31 minutes ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

Since we have a bunch of threads on which specs/professions need nerfs, which professions and specs do you think need some love from the devs?

Power chrono could use a slight damage boost for shattering. Virt probably needs more damage now too since it basically deletes in 2 seconds.

Reaper shroud attack ranges should be increased slightly, not a lot but just enough to make it even a little more viable in a team fight. Necro seems to be a popular focus choice, even more so when they pop shroud.

You don't see a lot of Firebrands, Specters so maybe those two as well

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7

Which spec need buffs? Mine obviously... On another hand all other specs need nerfs.

More seriously, some core professions need an "extra" that would not carry over to their e-specs in order to be competitive and attractive.

Core elementalist is probably the profession that lack this "extra" the most but core warrior also need a little something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I could see Virtuoso needing some nudges to give it some love. Maybe making the unblock-on-dodge mechanic a baseline thing or GM Minor thing so it's not locking Virtuoso out from the other traits.

Infinite Forge is attractive, but eh.

Core Elementalist, Core Warrior, Core Revenant/Herald, Core Mesmer (exclusively Dueling needs reworked)... idk from there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

- Power chrono, and no chrono iteration other than this one. Just reverting the latest F1 damage nerf will do, it was totally unwarranted.
- Staff thief: see signature. Also, I'll get a lot of hate for this one, but I think Consume Plasma was overnerfed.
- Support and power specter: dire need of a buff. Don't touch condi specter for now.
- Power zerker; needs buff, obviously. Not excessively, because the class has a lot of endure pain and can quickly become a spellbreaker v2. But let them teamfight.
- Condi mirage; the healthiest iteration of mesmer this game has ever had. Probably the hardest one to properly buff: the build relies heavily on interrupts, and you just can't get interrupts because everyone has stability. Weapon skills are fine, numbers are fine, mechanics are fine, but you rely on a mechanic you just can't proc anymore. I don't know how would I make it viable again without buffing stuff which shouldn't be buffed. EDIT maybe just fixing the wonky hitbox on sword ambush would do...?
- Any form of renegade: the only thing they had was the cool shortbow, and now they lost that too.
- Mechanist: it isn't more obnoxious than any druid. If druid is allowed to exist, then mechanist should exist too
- Herald: all iterations of herald, power and condi alike, could use some buff. Ideally without touching Vindicator. 

17 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

Virt probably needs more damage now too since it basically deletes in 2 seconds.

Trust me on this one. Virtuoso MUST NOT have any kind of damage increase. It could use some QoL (I have some ideas about that), but the damage for a ranged class is already as high as it can be.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Everyone saying core specs need to think what that means as there are very few things that only affect the core profession. Mesmer, ranger, thief, ele, and warrior don't have anything exclusive to the core class. Core engi only has the elite tool belt skill exclusive to it and core rev only has ancient echo. Guardian has exclusive core virtues but they are just the most passive and non interactive version of virtues possible. Then there is necromancer, which has core death shroud making it the only class with a significant core identity. All other parts of core classes can and will be used on especs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

- Power chrono, and no chrono iteration other than this one. Just reverting the latest F1 damage nerf will do, it was totally unwarranted.
- Staff thief: see signature. Also, I'll get a lot of hate for this one, but I think Consume Plasma was overnerfed.
- Support and power specter: dire need of a buff. Don't touch condi specter for now.
- Power zerker; needs buff, obviously. Not excessively, because the class has a lot of endure pain and can quickly become a spellbreaker v2. But let them teamfight.
- Condi mirage; the healthiest iteration of mesmer this game has ever had. Probably the hardest one to properly buff: the build relies heavily on interrupts, and you just can't get interrupts because everyone has stability. Weapon skills are fine, numbers are fine, mechanics are fine, but you rely on a mechanic you just can't proc anymore. I don't know how would I make it viable again without buffing stuff which shouldn't be buffed.
- Any form of renegade: the only thing they had was the cool shortbow, and now they lost that too.
- Mechanist: it isn't more obnoxious than any druid. If druid is allowed to exist, then mechanist should exist too
- Herald: all iterations of herald, power and condi alike, could use some buff. Ideally without touching Vindicator. 

Trust me on this one. Virtuoso MUST NOT have any kind of damage increase. It could use some QoL (I have some ideas about that), but the damage for a ranged class is already as high as it can be.

Balanced viewpoint

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Everyone saying core specs need to think what that means as there are very few things that only affect the core profession. Mesmer, ranger, thief, ele, and warrior don't have anything exclusive to the core class. Core engi only has the elite tool belt skill exclusive to it and core rev only has ancient echo. Guardian has exclusive core virtues but they are just the most passive and non interactive version of virtues possible. Then there is necromancer, which has core death shroud making it the only class with a significant core identity. All other parts of core classes can and will be used on especs.

Core specs should be fine as long changes are done to their f1-fwhatever abilities. Definitely think they should be modernized.

Warrior ->  Bladesworn and Berserker needs a Power Buff.    Also Dagger and Axe Offhand needs a Buff, to make it more Popular and Usefull. 

Ele -> Actually all Specs needs a Power Buff.  Right now it feels meeh.  You getting outdamaged by so many other classes.  Also an whole Staff Rework would be great.  And Pistols need some Love

Engi ->  Overall Rifle Buff.   You cant really play it anymore since they nerfed it about a Year ago

Mesmer ->  Chrono Shatter buff.  And Virtu needs some power Buff. 

Guardian -> Pistols needs for sure a longer Burning Duration.. That 1 or max 2 second is a joke tbh.

• Like 5

Core Necro -> We need a spec newbies can safely play to get into PvP. Press all buttons all the time without having to worry about anything else. Also, shroud key is a nice introduction to situational gameplay. Enter shroud when low on health.

the kalla rework literally didn't make it any better and even nerfed it in certain situations (daze spam being able to keep people off yourself, being able to activate marks and traps via summons)

no other rework landed so poorly 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

I would take an unpopulair point and say. Nothing realy need buffs.

i know a few Renegade/power chrono/ and mechanist players that probably disagree with your statement.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

no other rework landed so poorly 

I wouldn't say that no other rework landed so poorly. I mean, thief's trap reworked into "preparation" landed pretty poorly, same goes for necromancer's off-hand weapons, the many versions of scrapper (which was reworked every 6 months at some point), elementalist's MH dagger leap attacks,... etc.

Objectively, most reworks land poorly (and the legendary renegade's stance is average in term of rework), players just feel more affected by the reworks on their favourite profession.

It's to the point that I've been affraid of the devs talking about "rework" since HoT release.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Which spec need buffs? Mine obviously... On another hand all other specs need nerfs.

More seriously, some core professions need an "extra" that would not carry over to their e-specs in order to be competitive and attractive.

Core elementalist is probably the profession that lack this "extra" the most but core warrior also need a little something.

Core Warrior F2 when?

• Thanks 1

To buff core specs you need to buff the main mechanic that the elite specs traded off.  just buffing traitlines without thought will only buff elite specs. Or give them a unique one that the other elite specs dont have. 

For examples:

Buffing existing mechanics: Core rev needs something done in ancient echo and then have it synergize with traits better. For core warrior have the tier 3 burst scale better with traits for it to be more rewarding. 

Adding a new mechanic: Core thief and daredevil  have the same exact steals, core mesmer and and mirage have the same exact shatters. Classes that have this need something different from another otherwise they will always be outshined by the elite spec unless we make 3 core traitlines broken enough that it can outshine an elite spec mechanic

Edited by Endorphin.9147
  • Like 1