may 21 qol changes

list of new changes

• The health bar for objective lords will now be displayed in the event UI, making their status much easier to track. Pro tip: clicking the lord’s health bar in the event UI will make them your active target. Works for PvE events, too!
  • Siege disruptors will now be unblockable.
  • We’re increasing the base-level and tier 3 supply capacities for keeps by 50 and increasing the amount of supply granted by the Supply Drop tactic by 100 to add some power back to defending.
  • The Chilling Fog tactivator now heals allied players every few seconds for its duration instead of chilling enemy players.

unblockable siege disruptors is going to perma stall fights. this is completely unnecessary and going to break wvw. why... chilling fog change isn't going to do much, i'm guessing most commanders are still going to wait for it to go away before engaging

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

unblockable siege disruptors is going to perma stall fights. this is completely unnecessary and going to break wvw. 

Yeah remember disablers are gone disruptors mean you will just be able to burn down oil and cannons faster to break in.

Posted (edited)

I guess I don't understand when I read complaints about defender siege not able to do enough damage to attacker siege when there's a trick called siege disruptor that lets one now do more damage to attacker siege... and now it will be unblockable by default.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I guess I don't understand when I read complaints about defender siege not able to do enough damage to attacker siege when there's a trick called siege disruptor that lets one now do more damage to attacker siege... and now it will be unblockable by default.

Because its a death sentence to use for defenders unless you have defenders to gain from your death or are on a class that can apply it without getting killed. So it ends up as a waste of supply for defenders and a stronger tools for attackers to use when targeting defensive siege like oil or cannon. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Because its a death sentence to use for defenders unless you have defenders to gain from your death or are on a class that can apply it without getting killed. So it ends up as a waste of supply for defenders and a stronger tools for attackers to use when targeting defensive siege like oil or cannon. 

"Death sentence?"  To be honest, that sounds more like a skill issue.   There's a risk to be sure, but plenty of players have had no issues with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/15/2024 at 4:23 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

list of new changes

• The health bar for objective lords will now be displayed in the event UI, making their status much easier to track. Pro tip: clicking the lord’s health bar in the event UI will make them your active target. Works for PvE events, too!
  • Siege disruptors will now be unblockable.
  • We’re increasing the base-level and tier 3 supply capacities for keeps by 50 and increasing the amount of supply granted by the Supply Drop tactic by 100 to add some power back to defending.
  • The Chilling Fog tactivator now heals allied players every few seconds for its duration instead of chilling enemy players.

unblockable siege disruptors is going to perma stall fights. this is completely unnecessary and going to break wvw. why... chilling fog change isn't going to do much, i'm guessing most commanders are still going to wait for it to go away before engaging

Dawg, how? They barely do anything anymore xD best I can think of is throwing them at straggler golems and bursting them down pretty fast with even only a few server-mates

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

"Death sentence?"  To be honest, that sounds more like a skill issue.   There's a risk to be sure, but plenty of players have had no issues with them.

Lets break that down, so how often does your group fail to pull people from walls? Question two often do you have a player mount a wall and have 4 players apply stab so they can use the disruptor? Now once 5 have performed that act how many do you have ready to jump the wall or mount it to fire at the siege that was just hit? Now how often do players try all that solo?

Maybe that one could have been phrased better yes?

• Like 2

Lets face it the disabler to disruptor change was to remove defensive options from an already poor option for defenders to try. The change was to support attackers and probably resulted from players with stealth options having a better rate of success. Did it actually stop attacks, no, delay, yes. Even Roamers and Havocs would just need to make a judgement call of do we still have time let alone when you get into Warband or zerg size. If anything the larger the group the answer was just build more and keep going after you baited out the disabler attacks. 

• Like 4

On 5/15/2024 at 8:56 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yeah remember disablers are gone disruptors mean you will just be able to burn down oil and cannons faster to break in.

yeah i stepped away for a few months and this change snuck in. glad they no longer disable it was nothing more then a glorified grief mechanic

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Which is the whole point of the change.  It is NOT to benefit defenders, just like every change it is being done to make taking things easier.  Chilling fog, slows enemies allowing you to pick off slower ones...nope.  Now, it does nothing to attackers.  Cause, heaven forbid anyone defend.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I don't know if you play EU or NA, but since the change I saw maybe half-a-dozen Siege Disruptors" used in the first few days, and then none since. Why? Because it's completely useless now. Most objective fights are initially 50 players in a boonblob vs 10 defenders (if you're lucky) and the boonblob almost always deployed siege in such a fashion that there was really no way for defenders to counter that siege. Siege disablers at least enabled the defenders to delay long enough for another boonblob to respond, ensuring a good fight to determine the outcome. Now that siege disablers have been reduced to siege disruptors, it only delays the inevitable outcome of the blob melting the walls/gates by maybe 10-15 seconds (due to the fact that the maximum amount of siege has been deployed), which is nowhere near enough time for any group to respond unless they happened to be in the next closest objective and ready to move, which means the game has devolved into nothing but the usual k-train that most of us vets despise.

I don't know about you, but I've already got more than enough skirmish tickets and rank...so the reason I play WvW is for the fights. And these days it's either play IN the boonblob or side-car the boonblob or there are no real fights. Just getting rolled over by the enemy or rolling over the enemy. IT'S BORING. And Anet keeps promoting changes that seem to encourage more BORING k-train activities instead of promoting real fights involving tactics and strategy. And more and more players are quitting the gamemode as a result.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 5

On 5/15/2024 at 10:23 AM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Unless it's a golem rush the current version of siege disruptors will only delay 95% of all fights by 10-15 seconds. Most "fights" are 50+ boonblob attackers deploying siege in undefensible positons (aka directly against the walls so only worthless arrow carts can do damage) vs 10 defenders who can only pull the EWP and HOPE another boonblob responds in time. This is what WvW has become over the past year, and Anet's changes continue to favor the boonblobs over the defenders, despite whatever fancy gibberish they use to say otherwise. It's almost as if they think everyone in the WvW community was born yesterday and doesn't know what the game-mode has devolved into.

• Like 6

This is why ive quit playing wvw since this crappy change came around, its so anti-fun gettin obliterated when tryin to kill stragglers, when only to get run over by a 5-6v1 part of the blob and ya run out of steam and cds for getting away or kiting and even then ya dont have ports cause ya used em already to port in and maybe out again, then whats to say that you dont have condi cleanse cause thats been nerfed or have to result to using sustain traitlines which im not particularly fond of when any class that goes bunker crap just so they cant get killed due to their fear of dying. come on guys this is only a freakin game. if ya die you respawn by waypoint or if your group is close ya get resed simple as that. you dont need to become this ultra tanky crap build that no one can kill solo without havin to resort having 5-6 of your team killing em only for that solo tanky class being able to get away without getting punished for it is a sign that the devs dont care bout this game mode anymore. Defense is meant only for when your getting atked, not to strip the defense of any resource just so the offense gets a free pass into said tower or keep. it be like if the lions vs packers and the lions got no defensive line men and the packers can throw a hail mary everytime and score. The lions team would for sure be out of a job much less quit soon after that one game anyway. So the devs need to revert all these crappy changes back to what they were or they're goin to see more players quit playing this game mode and the entire game if necessary all due to a lack of comprehending what the playerbase is telling em. Whats even worse is that the devs keep listening to the wrong players who then impliment this stuff since they got a big ego to feed and dont want anyone to kill em or they'll sick their "precious guild" on whoever killed one of their members. they need to chill out and go play another game instead of havin their egos fed here where it completely ruins the fun for everyone else who is just here for fun. Yeah thats right  F U N. Ever heard of enjoying something just cause you get to improve your skills on a certain class and if ya lost due to someone being better on it? should give ya an incentive to improve but nope these egomaniacs only want to whine to the devs, impliment stuff they want so they can win and then they tell the one whos outmatched, outdmged, out cleansed, out sustained to boo who and get good when doin so is irrelavant. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 10:51 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah i stepped away for a few months and this change snuck in. glad they no longer disable it was nothing more then a glorified grief mechanic

lol, I won't counter, but am always happy to see players return, so welcome back! 🙂 May your bags be fulll!

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 10:13 PM, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Which is the whole point of the change.  It is NOT to benefit defenders, just like every change it is being done to make taking things easier.  Chilling fog, slows enemies allowing you to pick off slower ones...nope.  Now, it does nothing to attackers.  Cause, heaven forbid anyone defend.

Chilling fog could be converted into alacrity by engineers, so against zergs, chilling fog became a BUFF for the attackers... that's why players asked for it to be changed. There's a huge thread on it recently...

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281

On 5/17/2024 at 8:35 AM, Ronin.4501 said:

(...)I don't know about you, but I've already got more than enough skirmish tickets and rank...so the reason I play WvW is for the fights. And these days it's either play IN the boonblob or side-car the boonblob or there are no real fights. Just getting rolled over by the enemy or rolling over the enemy. IT'S BORING. (...)

This.

This.

This.

I have been looking forward to WR since I saw what it might do, but what can WR do if the content in itself is so boring you end up not playing even if there's plenty of it? No skill roles in roll over or get rolled over by zergs.

I don't think I ever been so disengaged over the years as I am now. There were always alternatives. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 4:17 PM, zemiacsik.4590 said:

I love how "The health bar for objective lords will now be displayed in the event UI" is just pure randomness, it brings a lot of excitment.

It is not randomness, it is buggy because they forgot about the lord scaling

• Confused 1