Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

1 hour ago, Kerbezena.3804 said:

Please add an option "Return (me) to my previous map." to the Mystical Portal in Obsidian Sanctum. 👈
… like exists on Lounges' Portal NPCs, like for example, Rifaah in the Lily of the Elon.
It would just do the very same as if you clicked the "Leave the Mists. →🚪" button in the bottom right of the World vs. World panel.

You could just return to the character selection and log onto the character again.

Obsidian Sanctum still is part of WvW, so relogging kicks you out and returns your character to its previous location.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bolshie.6137 said:

Please make green medallions salvageable! I would salvage them at a loss with the copper salvage-o-matic, and I'm sure many others would just to take care of them quickly, since they can't be insta-sold with the junk. Thank you for your consideration.

Yea these things pile up they need to be salvagable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Add a checkbox in the Camera options, next to the one for "Invert Camera Y-Axis", with the option "Disable Invert Camera Y-Axis on Action Camera".

I haven't found a good workaround to deal with this. Yes, i'm a weirdo that inverts the camera. It's a muscle memory thing when playing some games in third person, as if the mouse (or the cursor really) is a camera I'm pointing at my character, that I can move around. But in Action Camera Mode, it feels natural to me to not invert the axis, as my focus becomes "go to the spot I'm pointing at". Whenever the Action Camera kicks in, it's like someone suddenly inverted my axis maliciously, it's so weird (...yes, that someone is me, I'm my own enemy).

Bless whoever thought about holding the fireball button in skyscale to aim, but whenever there's a shooting mini-game that enables the action camera, I have a bad time.

(An alternative could be a "toggle invert camera y-axis" button binding, and it could be more versatile, but the checkbox sounds good enough, I think).

I would like Map-Instance based Meta-Events to show a timer when they were last or when they are next up in the meta UI, can even be just some progress bar.

some collections will send you to do specific events, especially ones that are in Orr can be quite a pain for standing around up to 1.5-2 hours not knowing when the event spawns is not exactly peak gameplay and just checking in occasionally will have one easily miss the event. if i know roughly how long i need to wait, i can use the time for something else.
for example currently i am trying to get more Zhaitan variants, the defense even at the Cathedral of Zephyrs was over in less than 1 minute, the quaggan barely reached the stairs in frenzied speed. if i wasn't waiting there for it, i would have missed it.

• Like 2

ANET please add monks, ritualists and dervishes back. These classes are too cool not to. IMO being a veteran GW player since it launched I’m not into the new classes. Does anyone feel the same?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, efx.1347 said:

Does anyone feel the same?

Totally, but that ship sailed 12 years ago. 🤷‍♀️

P.S. I'd also have loved if they had kept GW1's dual-class and skill system. It was simpler, but also more fun, because it allowed a lot more build variety.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Please add Weather and Seasons features as well as saving templates to the Homestead maybe after the Janthir Wilds launch or next near future expansion.

Just a thought after seeing the Homestead features while having my ale... They showed an NPC where we can switch from night to day which is very cool but I can't stop thinking it would be very nice if we can also change the weather and seasons as well as save some of our decorations via templates so we can change it as needed or fit with the characters we created.

Therefore the seasons and weather would be the following:

- Have a fall environment feature that would have leaves on the floor moved by the wind and also fall off the trees
- Have a windy rain and some puddles or a spring like environment
- Have snow on the ground and snowflakes fall from the sky
- Have a little rough waters so my I can get a little sea sick on my skiff while trying to fish
- etc...

However, most important can we have a feature that allows us to save them as templates just like the way we save it with our equipment so we can switch to them as needed.

We can save some of these decorations and name one for each template by season, weather or events. For example, we can save one as an ice age look, a halloween look, maybe a dark raining forest look, etc. That way we can click on it can change to what we would like to see and saves what we spent maybe a few hours of decorations.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Please add markers to pets that are not tamed by the ranger.

When playing as Rangers, there are many cases where you pass by untamed pets right in front of you.

Even though you know that there are untamed pets somewhere.

Some players find out that Rangers can tame pets only after they reach max level.

Add markers to untamed pets.

Edited by Joonmo.7523
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I would like to see portals to other areas displayed on the map.

I've been playing this game for a long time, so I know where most of the portals to other areas are.

However, some of the portals are so hidden that they're hard to find on the map or in the actual terrain.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think there should be an in-game survey.

Most players don't communicate on the forums.

Also, I think communication between developers and players is too dependent on the forums.

I think the content of the forums is far removed from what actual players feel or think.

I wish there was an in-game survey.

The following information can be obtained from the survey:

- Statistics on what players think their playstyle is
- Priority of updates that should be made
- Information on what players find inconvenient
- Play data and update direction that developers want
- Etc.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hi, Well, we know how difficult it is to make a legendary item, I would like to suggest that it was possible to use legendary items at level 1, with the following restriction

when using the item at level 1, the item had the status of level 1, as you gained level, your item would accompany you. level 2, 3, 4, until it reached level 80.

It's very annoying to create a level one character and have to run around looking for basic items, when we have legendary items, such as trinkets and weapons.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Not entirely sure which category this would fall into, so figured discussion would be a good starting point.

It would be nice if the waterfall area that you can swim in, over in the Sun's Refuge camp (the instanced location in Jahai Bluffs) could get a desert fishing hole or any fishing hole that seems appropriate. All of the water there is deep enough to fish in and counts as open water fishing, but having a fishing hole of 2 there would be neat. Would give it an additional use/purpose to go back and keep returning to this area 😄

• Like 2

Legendary weapon smart equip
When equipping a different legendary weapon in the hero equipment panel, make it copies the prefix and, if applicable, the legendary sigil of the weapon it replaces.
Could always customize it if you want something else, but it can save the hassle of doing it every time.

Fashion copy
Copying equipment from a tab to another tab also copy the dyes.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if some of these qualify as QOL, but I will post them anyways:

1. Damage Meter. First and most needed. PLEASE just put a dps meter in-game. Even if it ONLY shows our personal statistics. For myself at least, I have to play GW2 using GeForce NOW. This is a cloud gaming service for those who aren't familiar. I cannot use any third-party addons as I obviously cannot edit files on their computers. With the direction of PvE, this is becoming more and more mandatory if you don't wish to grief your party. I DO think this is the correct direction to go, but I think this needs to be added due to that direction.

2. Buff/Debuff Tracking. We need some UI updates. Some of the most need, strictly in my own opinion, is we need to be able to move and/or customized buffs/debuffs. It is VERY hard to track certain buffs we get from skills such as elemental empowerment or even catalyst energy. We need to have at least 1 small custom action bar for items. The game has been out a LONG time now, and we still have to shrink or inventory and place it at the edge of the screen to use items. It would also be nice to have an expanded mount bar so we don't need to keybind EVERY mount.

3. Chat Bubble Issues. The communications device during story beats places the speech bubble right above our heads obscuring combat as well as our action combat reticle. I LOVE the concept of this as it allows us to keep playing while enjoying the story, but if we could move it somewhere out of the way or have the bubble go transparent or disappear while we are in combat, it would help a TON!

4. Graphics Toggle/Templates. Please give us graphic settings templates of some sort to keybind. If I am playing solo or even in group pve and spvp, I like to play at max settings; however, when I start a large map meta event or zerg wvw, this is nowhere near possible. I realize it is a LARGE feat to be able to optimize these events hence many of the settings; however, we really do need to be able to switch between these settings when we enter these encounters. Having to stop everything we are doing and go through EVERY INDIVIDUAL graphic setting before an event starts is crazy.

5. LFG Tracking. I am not advocating for an LFG system persay, but it is so hard to monitor when groups come up for a specific category in LFG. The easier of fixes to implement imo would be to let us track a specific category on the right side of the screen UI. Even something as simple as showing the current number of groups available so we know if something new popped up in the map we are looking for a group in.

6. Sell from Material Storage. We all would like to be able to sell from our material storage. It is such a chore to have to go into town and move everything around.

7. Channeled Skill Interrupts. We need a setting to stop auto attacks or Skill 1s from interrupting channeled abilities such as Dragon's Breath on Elementalist dagger main hand. 

8. Tutorial Popups. We need an option to stop pop ups while in game or at the very least in combat. This has been a LARGE pain point for me coming back for SotO. Every time I fly by a generator or ley line I get a pop up about needing the mastery to use it. After the first time, I am aware. I don't need to be told every time I happen to fly by one. Easy fix would be to put a checkbox for do not show this again on the tutorial windows.

9. Inventory Clutter. PLEASE limit the amount of crap we get in our bags from events. I get that this is the normal design for free to play models to sell more bags slots; however, I feel as though you lose more money from players just quitting from the frustration of this early on than you would gain from inventory slot purchases.

10. Account Bound Waypoints. While I don't agree with removing world completion for alts, I would ask for a middle ground of letting the waypoints be account bound. This would allow for people to still use world completion for enjoyment and profit, as well as making it less tedious for people to play other characters.

11. AFK Commander Tags. If inactive for a set amount of time, please automatically turn off commander tags from players. There are so many that go AFK with a tag on that everyone runs to meet up with.

12. Rift Suggestion. Not exactly a QOL change request, but the Rift system would be awesome IF they lasted longer. Please refer to the old mmo RIFT. There's were the best of the genre, yet every mmorpg that tries implement them just make a vastly worse version. The only version I have seen that was as good was from New World.
Edited by Knetik.4356
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

don't know if this was already requested but a tome for all teleportation scrolls, tomes etc... of the game would be nice we already have tomes for s3,4 and icebrood saga but still having all scrolls and tomes takes a lot of space, so it would be nice to have a "complete" tome where we would be puting the scrolls, tomes we already got so we no longer need to ocupy 6+ slots for them

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Fashion copy
Copying equipment from a tab to another tab also copy the dyes.

this mostly already works.

• go to the tab you want to copy the items to and then select unequip all items (even if it is empty)
  • go to the tab that you want to copy and then select copy equipment template
  • go back to the tab you want to copy it to and paste.

this works for me pretty much always. only some skins on some characters might have 1 dye slot that does not get copied for whatever reason.

what i would like tho is:  copy skin + dye selection from one tab to another without overriding the equipment. (charging the required amount of transmutation charges if needed)
if you want multiple sets to always look the same but then decide to change looks, you need to either redo them on every set or redo the stats on them after copy & pasting the looks.

Edited by bq pd.2148
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

New to the game, my first character is a necromancer. I'm sure this has been brought up, but having to summon minions constantly with every map or instance change gets annoying. Or at the very least make sure there is no CD timer on minions when entering an instance or changing maps. If they don't actually die then there should be no CD.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I wanted to identify some “Paper Cuts” that I would hope to see addressed at some point.

Quoting from Wikipedia, “In usability and interaction design, a paper cut bug is defined as ‘a trivially fixable usability bug’”. I recognize that because I can’t know the complexities of the underlying code, what may appear to be trivially fixable may be far from it.

I am trying to avoid identifying “missing features” or features that would require a total rewrite. To that end, I won’t mention how exciting it would be to have a fully-fleshed out LFG capability, or a damage meter like ArcDPS in the game. So I won’t mention things like that. Well, not more than once anyway.

I expect that many of these have been mentioned in the 900 posts that came before in this topic, but here are some of the items on my hit-list:

1. Queue WvW by account but choose character on Travel. I would love to carry on with my PVE character until the Travel dialog pops and then choose the alt to enter WvW.

2. Contacts and LFG dialog – could it not remember the last tab we had opened?

3. LFG – I would love to be able to search for a term across all categories and have it show up as a single list somehow

4. Achievement Tab in the Hero dialog – Recently completed is too short to be very useful. Nearly Completed doesn’t allow any filtering (PVP, Story, etc.) that might make it useful.

5. Various Adventure like achieves are in the Story Journal chapter achieves (Gyala Delve Bettle Racer, for example).

6. For the sake of my sanity – could we please be able to turn off scrolling loot. I still want to be able to click chests. The category of chest remaining that you can’t just right click accept are an abomination. Although, to be fair, I would love to read an explanation as to what this design decision is meant to achieve.

7. We should be able to reorder Bank bags – Inventory wars is a thing and I need more flexibility

8. Could we assign a name to our Inventory bags

9. Hide/Show armor and trinket pieces by Equipment Template

10. I said I wasn’t going to do it, but Homesteads ... , are you going to surprise us with a Bookshelf for all of the books collected through the years? Dare to dream.

11. Dropped books of recipes don’t tell you if they contain any recipes you don’t already have – this drives me to distraction.

12. Those of us with poor eyesight would appreciate seeing inventory counts for charges remaining on items in the mouse-over pop-up. It is shown for stack of items but not for items with use charges (Research Kit for example). The numbers in the inventory window itself can be hard to discern depending on the contrast to the icon. The mouse-over pop-up puts the number beside the icon and is much easier to make out.

13. Depending on where you put your mini-map (mine is bottom right for reasons), mousing over chests can be a little like whack-a-mole depending on other selectors in the area. Items like map closing timer, map meta participation, WvW reward track participation all reside there and somehow I always seem to hit the wrong one when I wish to accept a bouncy chest.

14. Possibly just me, but the high contrast cursor seems to have the selection point offset just enough from where my brain tells me it should be.

15. Everyone will tell you that the boon bar is a travesty – on both our character and the enemy. But I am pretty sure this is miles away from a Paper Cut.

16. Pop-up Turret message – ‘nuff said.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1