Please provide an option to the inspection cosmetics so Cosplayers come back - they are no longer found/seen

I hope this post will not get deleted as those deleted ones as they still popup in the google search but when clicked they are not found in the forum – which looks bad. Also, I hope this is not the 1st step to introduce gear inspection later on. 

Okay to be fair and honest just give the players the option and let those with Cosplay toons come back. I get it with the fashion wars but I definitely miss those players that bring up their fashion wars to the next level with their Cosplay toons. I always looked forward in seeing them - now they just vanished now display an outfit.

This inspection gear thingy seemed to kill Cosplayers as I no longer see or find them ever since this feature was introduced. Below is just a small list of Cosplayers I have seen since the last 2 years which also counts the day before the new patch was introduced.

Please note as follows:

• -          Hulk(seen him at WvW)

• -          Planet Hulk (seen him at WvW)

• -          THOR (seen him at WvW)

• -          Wonder Woman (seen in Lion’s Arch)

• -          Spiderman (seen in Divinity Reach)

• -          Iron Spiderman (Seen him in WvW)

• -          MoonKnight (Divinity Reach)

• -          THANOS Comic version (seen him in the Extra life live event and at Halloween Event)

• -          THANOS Marvel version (seen him at Halloween Event)

• -          Homeywise (seen him at Halloween Event)

• -          God of War (seen him at PVE)

• -          Superman (seen at Lion’s Arch)

• -          Robin (seen at Lion’s Arch)

• -          Queen with a mic lol (at some YouTube contest video)

• -          BumbleBee (seen in Divinity Reach)

The list goes on and on and some I seen in snapshots in Players posts, Reddit etc…

I know and I get it about the feature which is okay for some mix and match gears with their colors but I do miss the other next level players with their Cosplay.

To be fair just give the players the option and maybe those with Cosplay toons come back. If not I will definitely miss those players with their Cosplay toons and any New Cosplay they can present.

Just like there are options for camera shake, user tags, commanders tags, ring effects, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 25
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, laughing Pker.8903 said:

To be fair just give the players the option and maybe those with Cosplay toons come back. If not I will definitely miss those players with their Cosplay toons and any New Cosplay they can present.

Just like there are options for camera shake, user tags, commanders tags, ring effects, etc.

Hint: all those options you mentioned are about how you perceive the game and other players, not about how other players perceive you. And in this case you don't need any new special options for that. You already have an option to not see the inspects. Just do not click on it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I seriously doubt any significant number of players left over this feature 🙄

IKR? 🤣 Even if it amounts to several hundred players instead of the mere 15 listed by the OP, across the entire playerbase that's still statistically insignificant. And really it says more about those players than it does about the feature.

• Like 14
  • Confused 2

Just now, DeanBB.4268 said:

*shrug* I've still seen annoying interestingly dressed characters. How do you know they are gone? 

I assume OP made a guild for all mentioned players and they either bid their farewell or left silently and he can see their last log in in the guild roster. 

If not, well, then this post is just another /facepalm thread...

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

I have just one cosplay alt (a version of Laudna of Critical Role C3) and I made her to use the elf ears when they came out.  Necromancer, of course.  I already have a zillion necros one of which is one of my pve mains, so Laudana isn't often wandering around for others to see.  But I have zero issues with anyone who wants to view her garments doing so.  (She's the low level version.  Laudna's had two new looks since then but they aren't as easily done with GW2 armors, especially the newest one; I suppose the second one could be semi-simulated with the right dyes on the Lunar Rabbit top).

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

And here I am, happy my "immersion" is not "ruined" by running into fake characters from other IP's.

Big picture: I've never seen a lot of these cosplayers to begin with (in 12 years time) so even if they all left I doubt ANet's bottom line changes much or at all. If they did all leave it's their own choice. Nobody forced them.

Small picture: from my own perspective it's an improvement.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Ran into a Hulk cosplay just last night. I guess he missed the memo that he was supposed to pack up and leave in a fit of entitled whining alongside other cosplayers. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

I don't personally like the inspection feature (it's anti-social and just promotes people copy/pasting instead of actually being creative imo), but I doubt most people care or it ran off a significant portion of the playerbase. Though, I've gotta lol at the notion that a bunch of people so creatively bankrupt that they couldn't even consume a piece of media without having their character be a regurgitation of some pop culture character / brand mascot from another piece of media, losing their marbles over their originality being infringed upon by the plebs or something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I think the hate for inspection is rather silly, in that anyone with a decent knowledge of the wardrobe can identify skins by simply looking, or take a screenshot to ask friends. Inspection just makes it easier for folks who don't have the wardrobe memorized. (And yes, a lot of wardrobe collectors do have practically encyclopedic knowledge of skins.)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I'm just going to take a moment to point out that correlation does not necessarily mean causation. I've known a fair number of cosplay toon players (particularly of in-game NPCs) in the past, and most of them left long before this feature was even a twinkle in any dev's eye, let alone the announcement or release. Others just don't play on those characters anymore for whatever reason, either because they have others they like better or they wanted to take a break from the cosplay scene for a time. I actually have an NPC cosplay that is basically shelved at this point just because her build got absolutely nerfed into the ground, so she needs a major rework before I can start bringing her back to world bosses and whatnot again.

So, messing around with this feature might not actually accomplish anything at all because it's entirely possible it wasn't what made them leave anyway. And if it did, they probably won't be coming back because they'd have to be paying enough attention to the game to even know as much, and most of the people I know who stopped playing don't keep tabs on anything. Realistically, what's done is done there. I'd personally rather see dev time put into fixing some of the billions of game-breaking bugs in the system than trying to 'fix' something that won't actually make a difference to most people anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 3:29 AM, laughing Pker.8903 said:

This inspection gear thingy seemed to kill Cosplayers as I no longer see or find them ever since this feature was introduced.

That's a very weak foundation you created your post on. It's literally non existent.

I recommend you checking the difference between correlation and causality.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This feature does not add anything that could not be done before, I never once needed to ask anyone to know what a player is wearing. I could already do this. 
It simply makes it easier for new players to do the same. What changes is that more people can do now what could have always been done already. Nothing else. 

So to try to explain how absurd this request is, think that it is like asking to ban the sale of glasses because one wants everyone else to see you blurry. 
There are people with 20/20 vision. Letting people wear glasses allows those who see blurry to see you better, banning glasses won't prevent the 20/20 vision people from seeing you clearly. It's taking away something from others without getting anything from it in the process. Just a lose/lose situation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

I don't personally like the inspection feature (it's anti-social and just promotes people copy/pasting instead of actually being creative imo), but I doubt most people care or it ran off a significant portion of the playerbase. Though, I've gotta lol at the notion that a bunch of people so creatively bankrupt that they couldn't even consume a piece of media without having their character be a regurgitation of some pop culture character / brand mascot from another piece of media, losing their marbles over their originality being infringed upon by the plebs or something.

This.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Guys… Relax… this OP has only 2 posts and has not even replied.

I don’t care of this feature either way as I think ANET really should have taken the time to fix other major issues that been around for a while now. If it was up to me I would like ANET to improve the tier 2 legendary armor effect from this last patch and that explosion of rune energy looks too similar like Firebrand.

I was also about to reply like the others but since the OP only had 2 posts then I got curious to see if this was another troll posting so I don’t waste my time replying/commenting.

After reading the OP’s 2 posts – this player is not a Cosplayer as he mentioned he is a WvW that uses outfits only. Looks to me this OP is just wondering why those on that list are now MIA/gone. I guess and don’t know but it looks like the OP is trying to see if there is a middle ground.

I also agree with another player’s posting that the only way OP would know of those cosplayers if they left or shelved their toons by either has a guild or friends/follow them if not this is a troll post.

Also, I did see a cosplayer a Mickey Mouse version like toon yesterday and a Piccolo the day before that so it looks like there are some still around but maybe just maybe the ones he are friends/follows are no longer around or they may have provided their feedback which is their choice. We just don't know unless the OP replies.

Bottom line this is a feature ANET decided to provide and we just accept it just as we have with other features, build, PvP, WvW, PvE updates. Some players like it and some do not and some seem to try to get a middle ground.

Edited by killforbeers.7534
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1