Did someone request beach wear? [Merged]

58 minutes ago, Weindrasi.3805 said:

My friends, allow me to introduce you to my norn. I do not have the unicorn... YET... but I do have the speedo for when he wants underpants variety: https://64.media.tumblr.com/44f6ecd8e836b324a32074b273b6e26c/a47a2888ae6c85ec-9b/s2048x3072/bddd0fe25fc8b6ec4922197933c807f1669e8eca.jpg

He's beautiful 🥹

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I'm quite happy the female charr get the male version of this armor. They'd look absolutely ridiculous with a bikini top. And the sweeping sarong would clip horribly with their legs, just like every single other piece of armor with a coat that goes below the waist. No thanks! The male version looks lovely on them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I adore the swimwear options but I'm really disappointed they're genderlocked, especially on the female charr. After the maid and butler outfits I had kind of expected we'd get more freedom of choice (plus I realllllly wanted another big sun hat to use on my charr, a cute skirt would've been a great bonus).  I'd love if these pieces were usable across all genders instead if it's in anyway feasible in the future

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Phyxrgon.7305 said:

The trouble with that excuse is that female charr don't even have them visible on their models. It's only a problem if there's actual realism-- a fair number of chest/top gears exposes their chests because of the "male" variant and they're nonexistent. Take it from me whose characters are mostly female charr.  🙄

You're trying to excuse the realism that doesn't exist. Am just asking for an appropriate alteration, not copy-pasted from human body-shaped gear absurdly and apathetically stretched on charr where it clips into their bodies and with other gear half the time.

Okay, but literally every time Arenanet has given female charr the female version of ANYTHING, it has been, exactly, a "copy-pasted from human body-shaped gear absurdly and apathetically stretched on charr where it clips..."

If we get a female version, we KNOW it will just be a bikini stretched horribly over their non-chests. That's what a-net DOES. It's male version or cringe, pick your poison.

I have 18 female charr characters, so, take it from me as well, I guess?

Edited by Weindrasi.3805
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

To be honest, the pricing seams extremely preditory. Instead of selling individual peices at 500 fems each, they are grouped specificly to funnel players to the 2800 gem package, which surprise, gem cards only are sold at 2000 gem intervals, so it is just out of reach of just buying one gemcard.

But at least there's the Gold to Gems exchange, so you can get the exact number of gems that you want via a combination of gold and real money.

8 hours ago, Phyxrgon.7305 said:

The trouble with that excuse is that female charr don't even have them visible on their models.

In the early days of the game (maybe it was even before release) there was a developer statement about them having to make the decision to give Charr three pairs of boobs or none at all.

So, going all the way back to that, it'd be funny, if Charr actually had gotten a three-pair bikini top.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1

Female Charr swim bottom looks messed up. It seems to be a modified male one with a flattened... package. However the texture on it has shading on it to suggest/emphasize the package that doesn't exist. Even if the top swimwear is the same as the male one because of their body, the bottom shouldn't be using that texture because it looks really odd.

• Like 1

I saw this announcement and got excited for a second.

Then I stopped myself and thought 'It's going to be so disgustingly expensive.'

And I'm right. Y'all are just predatory at this point.

Also gotta love how you advertized that they are all individual pieces only to force us to buy entire sets or nothing at all. Just let us buy individual pieces already. It's so sad to see this kind of mindset in a game I love so much and have been loyal to since GW1 (both by playing and with my wallet). Not that you care.

Edited by Firefly.5982
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

I've just lost any desire to buy the Tropical set because the shirt is horribly unfitting on my male sylvari. Like what kind of shirt floats inches above and around the body? Were it cheap I probably (maybe) wouldn't mind. But for this price I certainly want the attire to fit. Anyway, less money spend is a good thing, I guess.

• Confused 2

On 5/31/2024 at 11:58 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We heard that a few of you have been requesting swimwear. We think you're going to like this early look at what's coming to the gem store in late June!

Update to answer a question asked in the thread: "These are separate armor pieces--if you look over the different screenshots you can see some mix and match going on."

image.thumb.png.92f0f3fbbbd4b250e788ce24a5ccd663.pngimage.thumb.png.962931972f5250196f68ba4dc3bf9961.pngimage.thumb.png.cbe80334dcf5c1f3e6329227e327a0e3.pngimage.thumb.png.0ae0a7db2af1392d1ee941bb0d99a43b.pngimage.thumb.png.73fb5c75f98ea0c11182a3da4cef390d.png

gw062.png

So...directly following Tyria Pride, you release clothing that is gender locked? Awkward timing. 😬

Sarongs, in real life, are gender neutral. It literally means "covering", and is worn by men and women. Why only females, then? Why can't both wear the fedora? Or the straw hat?

I'm not even talking LBGT stuff, it's literally like saying only boys wear baseball hats. Or only girls use umbrellas. Just weird. I'm baffled that no one raised their hand during the creative process, and went "Wait, if anyone can wear a maid outfit, isn't it weird that a generic hat can only be worn by one gender?"

But...if you're going to make one set for males/females...why did the Charr get left out? Why is it the same outfit for both, AGAIN? And no, I'm not suggesting "Human" standard clothing for the Charr, that's just dumb...but if the other races get two different sets....can't they have two, also?

Changing the clothing items to individual pieces, for more variety of mix and match, was a good idea. But it should have been seen all the way through. If my female asura wants to wear shorts, why not? If my male Charr wants a sarong, why not? The coding was already in there for separate pieces. Instead of "Tropical Legwear" make it  "Tropical Sarong" and "Tropical Trunks" or something. Easy peasy.

5/10.

Would have been higher if I could just buy "Tropical Sarong" instead of having to buy a full set. Or if I could have previewed the set in the store, before buying....

Edited by NeutralBurn.3829
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5