Housing System will be a new Home Instance?

7 hours ago, vrauns.3215 said:

So, they gave us a free battle pass, they are entitled to it.

Players: We want mounts!

Anet: Here are your mounts, but all the skins are in the store!

Players: We want mount skins in-game!

Rinse and repeat for skiffs, etc. I expect housing to be no different, but at least there is crafting for it so it won't be totally in-store.

I'm not complaining about Anet monetizing this stuff, it doesn't bother me, and they need to keep the lights on, and I've contributed to that extensively over the 12 years of playing. I have more than enough outfits, mounts, gliders, and back pieces, and couldn't care less about skiffs and fishing. If Anet releases something I like, I usually get it, and don't trade gold for gems.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

i think there could be a screen, where you can see a bigger preview of your skins (or like the wardrobe, unlocked skins too). maybe you can even model them (but appearance reverts to your equipment when you leave the instance or leave the dressing room, unless you specifically chose to spend transmutation charges)

On 6/4/2024 at 1:08 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Gw2efficiency tells me I have 2886 weapon skins unlocked. Just how big is this room supposed to be?

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2024 at 11:26 PM, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

This just sounds like the wardrobe and equipment template system with more steps?

Have you seen the new preview of the homesteads yet?
They show that you can place armor and weapon rigs. That's exactly what I was talking about. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Have you seen the new preview of the homesteads yet?
They show that you can place armor and weapon rigs. That's exactly what I was talking about. 🙂 

I think my previous statement still stands, but I can add that it has less functionality than the wardrobe system. It didn't even look like you had a way to get your look back out of the armor stand.

• Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I think my previous statement still stands, but I can add that it has less functionality than the wardrobe system. It didn't even look like you had a way to get your look back out of the armor stand.

It doesn't even has anything to do with the wardrobe system at all.
It the wardrobe you can (only) see and pick skins one by one. With this armor stand on the other hand you can show a whole outfit, including all dyes at ones.
It's not about picking skins and choosing colors, but about showing the endresult. Two different purposes.

It's like mannequins in a clothing store, not like clothes racks.

Having an option to copy the armor skins+dyes from an armor stand to your current char would be awesome though.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

It doesn't even has anything to do with the wardrobe system at all.

It's like mannequins in a clothing store, not like clothes racks.

Having an option to copy the armor skins+dyes from a mannequin to your current char would be awesome though.

So what's the point?

• Confused 7

Trailer looks sick tbh.
The only issue I have with the system is that I'm putting stuff in a house and in a field,
while seemingly having no say over any of the house or field itself.

Supposedly i want a dark swamp instead of a plain.
And some sorta small castle instead of a wooden hut.

Imagine having your necro, complete with dark lightning wings, and full on edge mode...
Displayed in this village hut complete with banjos and cow dolyak sounds coming from stable next to your room..

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

But people can see them while I'm wearing them without me having to bring them to my home instance 2.0.

But can they see all of your legendary armory all at once? What if there were skins you earned and were proud of but not currently using?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

So what's the point?

What do you mean "what's the point"?
What's the point of having skins? What's the point of decoration?
What's the point of any decoration or memory you have?

Exactly -> decoration/fashion and memory.

56 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

But people can see them while I'm wearing them without me having to bring them to my home instance 2.0.

No they don't.

People only see the current armor of the current character.

In the homestead you can preserve your outfits even when you change it. -> Memory.

And let's be honest, I already told you that some comments before. You are running in circles.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

Trailer looks sick tbh.
The only issue I have with the system is that I'm putting stuff in a house and in a field,
while seemingly having no say over any of the house or field itself.

Supposedly i want a dark swamp instead of a plain.
And some sorta small castle instead of a wooden hut.

Imagine having your necro, complete with dark lightning wings, and full on edge mode...
Displayed in this village hut complete with banjos and cow dolyak sounds coming from stable next to your room..

I imagine new homesteads could come with future expansions.
Like new guild halls did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I imagine new homesteads could come with future expansions.
Like new guild halls did.

Lets hope so.
For now though at the very least I'd like to be able give this homestead a paint job.
I can imagine not everyone wants to have wood-rainbow color scheme like in the default instance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

Lets hope so.
For now though at the very least I'd like to be able give this homestead a paint job.
I can imagine not everyone wants to have wood-rainbow color scheme like in the default instance.

I bet they gemstore it, let you buy the wintersday or halloween instances.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

What do you mean "what's the point"?
What's the point of having skins? What's the point of decoration?
What's the point of any decoration or memory you have?

Exactly -> decoration/fashion and memory.

No they don't.

People only see the current armor of the current character.

In the homestead you can preserve your outfits even when you change it. -> Memory.

And let's be honest, I already told you that some comments before. You are running in circles.

Honestly I see this content being more pointless than fishing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Well, not every content is for everyone. I personally don't care for raids because I think they are a waste of time, but they are coming none the less with this expansion. People that like them are getting them because everyone deserves a little slice of that MMO pie. For people like me, this homestead is worth it in every sense of the word. I can't wait to get my fingers in it to star decorating and building up my little village. Not to mention if they do decide to add more landscapes later to this setting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

That's okay after all.
Not everybody likes everything.

The good thing about GW2 is that it's big enough for many tastes. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/5/2024 at 1:18 AM, Therac.6431 said:

Guild Wars 2 players have always asked for a Housing system (10 years to plan) , and what we have is a mediocre predefined private instance system. Finally, housing has been announced, but we have no real information on what this system will be like. Will we have a large instance with other neighbors in their houses, or will it just be another Home Instance with a small decoration system?
If it is the Home Instance system redone just to support decorations, it will be another big waste as part of an expansion.

unbelievable...... after that 8min video.....and this is your response? lol. how do u see things soo dark. 99.99% others think the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, quake.9023 said:

unbelievable...... after that 8min video.....and this is your response? lol. how do u see things soo dark. 99.99% others think the opposite.

The post you're commenting on was posted three weeks before that video.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3