Thanks, I Hate It. (Caprine Warclaw)

The caprine warclaws are hideous. [ugly photo]
There had better be some strange but comprehensible lore for why they are half GOAT. 
I am happy you are giving warclaws some new skills for PvE or whatever cuz I love my kitty in WvW, but I am never ever never going to buy that fugly goat thing. 
(Fingers crossed for lynx, cougar, bobcat, snow leopard, and PLUSH warclaw skins coming soon.)

• Like 7
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Yep, I have been asking for new warclaw skins like so many wvwers for agggesss, but that new one was a nope for me. Here's hoping we will finally get decent warclaw skins after the Janthir expansion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

The caprine warclaws are hideous. [ugly photo]
There had better be some strange but comprehensible lore for why they are half GOAT. 
I am happy you are giving warclaws some new skills for PvE or whatever cuz I love my kitty in WvW, but I am never ever never going to buy that fugly goat thing. 
(Fingers crossed for lynx, cougar, bobcat, snow leopard, and PLUSH warclaw skins coming soon.)

Lol. My guess is that warclaws will be good for climbing. Ya know, like a goat on mountain? I'm pretty sure that's a thing, unless Discovery Channel has been trolling me for that last several decades. Maybe they will be useable in areas where other mounts are not allowed. I've also seen cats on mountains, so....

I'd like to see some combat abilities for them too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, frazazel.7501 said:

I feel like they should have gone all the way into goat for these skins, instead of creating this weird cat/goat hybrid.

Agreed! I like the way these guys look but I would've preferred leaning towards the goat appearance a bit more too. We already have enough cat-stylized warclaw skins, and it looks like we'll be getting another one in the expac release itself. Give me my goats instead ^^

• Like 2

• ArenaNet Staff
7 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

29 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

I'll take the goat over plush anything 

The fun thing about having such a variety of mount appearances is that there's a something that appeals to everyone--and conversely everyone is gonna have something they distinctly do NOT like. Taste is highly subjective! (And rest assured I have passed requests for more plush mounts on to the team! 😄 )

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The fun thing about having such a variety of mount appearances is that there's a something that appeals to everyone--and conversely everyone is gonna have something they distinctly do NOT like. Taste is highly subjective! (And rest assured I have passed requests for more plush mounts on to the team! 😄 )

PlushClaw when?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Personally I want to see @Dawdler.8521's old warclaw idea:

On 9/27/2023 at 7:52 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

They could make the free warclaw mangy, thin and starved with bad teeth, no claws and flies buzzing around it. Instead of the idle animation being a roar, it just farts and collapses on the ground.

If we're going with ugly, let's do it right! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Well, if you're still collecting requests, I'd like to request a Synergetic one 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The faces of the caprine warclaws remind me of the Eastern-European depictions of  demons.  Old illuminated texts, cathedral gargoyles, and such. 
Without the horns it would be a good face for a manticore (manticores were supposed to have human faces, just the face)
I think I like the caprine warclaw because it looks demonic in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hecksler Der Henker.9280 said:

So I think the goat is kind of cool. 😄
It would be nice if there were other mount skins, like bears, horses, dolyaks, squirrel raptor skin, dragonfly skimmer rays, synergetics siege tank Turtle Skin 😄

What's a horse? The others sound cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I do like seeing Mount Skin Bundles of 3 to 5 Skins over one for 1,600 Gems.   I'd like to see sometime a Bundle of Matching Mount Skins for all 9 Mounts [example: Aurene's Prismatic Mount Skins; Plushie Skins; Vital Geode Skins; Aurora Blessed Skins; Star Blessed Skins; and Luminous Skins].  And I'm hoping to see that Bobcat or Lynx-style Warclaw that was shown in at least two or three pictures about Janthir Wilds available either ahead of the Expansion or right when it comes out.  Also, will there be Preparation Packs and Supply Drops closer to when the Expansion comes out?

It would be nice to have all of the mounts of a particular type grouped in their own packs: all luminous mounts, all starry mounts, the awakened, the primeval, ect.
  Needing to go and check if the current mount licenses include a particular mount is a bit annoying.  Some mounts are packaged as a set, the branded mounts for example.   I suppose mixing the skins in different packs is a way to insure that the select mount licenses sell.

• Like 2