Will Homesteads have VIP Lounge-like features?

I'm thinking it will probably work like a cross between EotN and Guild Halls. The mystic toilet will almost certainly not be available, but who knows about the other stuff? I really doubt they're going to allow this to make the gem store passes obsolete.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 11:45 AM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Will the new Homesteads be able to have things like Crafting Stations, Mystic Forge, and Bank/Trading Post access, or will these features remain exclusive to VIP Lounges like the Mistlock Sanctuary?

you can upgrade Eye of the North to have such things. Not everything (i think no mystic, for example), but a lot of things.

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/6/2024 at 2:45 AM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Will the new Homesteads be able to have things like Crafting Stations, Mystic Forge, and Bank/Trading Post access, or will these features remain exclusive to VIP Lounges like the Mistlock Sanctuary?

the most plausible thing you probably will get from homestead would be another home storage, like a storage safe chest.
It's like a storage bank for things you wont need to take out often, like collections stuff that is not connected to the main bank would be my guess.
Second would be cooking or new crafting station, focused on crafting boosting for EXP or MF.
Again, I'm speculating. Even if you want them to have lounge like features, they're also indirectly competing with Black Lion Perma Contracts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

i think if they won't add a trading post to the guild hall becauese it would discourage the use of towns and hubs, they won't add one to homesteads either. however, i feel like they're also realising the lounges are becoming very overpopulated when they were only designed for a few players in mind.

i just wish they would fix mistlock not having a jade bench and always removing jade protocol buffs when you enter. 😞

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think if they won't add a trading post to the guild hall becauese it would discourage the use of towns and hubs, they won't add one to homesteads either. however, i feel like they're also realising the lounges are becoming very overpopulated when they were only designed for a few players in mind.

i just wish they would fix mistlock not having a jade bench and always removing jade protocol buffs when you enter. 😞

But they want to sell you a Thousand Seas Pavilion Pass.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

At least the new crafting discipline we will get for Homestead Decorations.
Home Instance can have a Cooking Station
As far as I am concerned, if that is possible, then it can double as bank.

My personal wish? Bookshelf for all those book collections would be amazing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

First I thought 'nah, course we won't get crafting stations'. 

Reading the comment about a cooking station, now I'm thinking: but that wouldn't make sense. I like to craft (knitting in my case), but I do most of my crafting at home. Pretty sure most people who craft do so at home, especially with less portable crafts...

Immersionwise, it would be rather ridiculous for the commander to travel to Lion's Arch every time they wanted to cure some leather, weave some textile or smelt some ingots, when they could just create a workshop at their home.

And not having a cooking station at home would be bonkers. It looks like the commander's home is rather out of the way, I doubt Seimur delivers in JaW - although he might be just crazy enough to do it. That noodle vendor from Kaineng surely won't though, so I need a place to make my noodles!

Edited by Flowersunshine.7385
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

I doubt it. Why would they canibalize a different gemstore product.

On the other hand they already do that since IBS.
EotN is literally a free lounge, except for the Mystic Forge.
Arborstone provides everything a lounge does.
And the Wizards tower as well.
All of them have teleport scroll and on top of that even access to strikes.

Most likely JW will get such a hub/lounge as well.
However, I don't think homesteads will get the same stuff. It would be another hub, but a private one.
Instead of choosing a hub and be there together with other players, people would be alone in their private hub.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

On the other hand they already do that since IBS.
EotN is literally a free lounge, except for the Mystic Forge.
Arborstone provides everything a lounge does.
And the Wizards tower as well.
All of them have teleport scroll and on top of that even access to strikes.

Most likely JW will get such a hub/lounge as well.
However, I don't think homesteads will get the same stuff. It would be another hub, but a private one.
Instead of choosing a hub and be there together with other players, people would be alone in their private hub.

Those free lounges/hubs are far inferior to the ones you get via the gemshop. Maybe not in terms of services, but in terms of convenience. Sure EotN has a lot of things, but they are far more appart from eachother that in any pass lounge, also it has a lot less services tbh. Arborstone may have most of the services but they are spread across the whole map, again the passes cluster those services closer together. I'm not shilling fo a gemshop item here, if you're fine with the free hubs that are available, that's great and I think it's great that ANet does these things. But I doubt that the Homesteads will provide these services upfront. Maybe as something you can buy from the gemshop.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Those free lounges/hubs are far inferior to the ones you get via the gemshop. Maybe not in terms of services, but in terms of convenience. Sure EotN has a lot of things, but they are far more appart from eachother that in any pass lounge, also it has a lot less services tbh. Arborstone may have most of the services but they are spread across the whole map, again the passes cluster those services closer together. I'm not shilling fo a gemshop item here, if you're fine with the free hubs that are available, that's great and I think it's great that ANet does these things. But I doubt that the Homesteads will provide these services upfront. Maybe as something you can buy from the gemshop.

Having everything a bit more spread does not make them inferior.
I agree with Arborstone's crafting stations, but EotN has everything close together, except for the bank. But that is evened out by the fact you can use mounts there. A short raptor leap doesn't take longer than jumping with the special action key in Mistlock Sanctuary.
Wizard's Tower has everything much closer together than the former two. They could have solt it as a gemstore lounge and nobody would see a difference.
It's at least on the same level as Lava Lounge an Royal Terrace.

• Confused 4

I feel if they really want to sell us on the 'housing' concept, they need to make it so that a player can treat their home as their primary 'hub' for everything they do. That means they need to be able to craft, use the bank/trading post, have all their home instance nodes there, and a way to access raids, strikes, dungeons, wvw, and pvp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

I imagine upgrading the new home instance will be a fairly extensive, expensive, possibly never-ending process, so even if it offers everything you can get anywhere else and more, it still would not be a 'cheap' alternative to any of those other things . . .

I also agree with those who think the existing options already make the gem store lounges obsolete. I have all the gem passes and I never use any of them for services, only as quick transport to their various home maps. The only possible exception is armistice bastion once a week to use the wvw weekly vendor without my participation ticking down . . .

Edited by Gop.8713
spelling is hard . . .
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/5/2024 at 7:45 PM, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

unlikely, the Homestead will probably just be a more customizable version of the current home instances with some extra features like farmable land and fishing nodes

• Confused 1

On 6/8/2024 at 7:58 AM, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

First I thought 'nah, course we won't get crafting stations'. 

Reading the comment about a cooking station, now I'm thinking: but that wouldn't make sense. I like to craft (knitting in my case), but I do most of my crafting at home. Pretty sure most people who craft do so at home, especially with less portable crafts...

Immersionwise, it would be rather ridiculous for the commander to travel to Lion's Arch every time they wanted to cure some leather, weave some textile or smelt some ingots, when they could just create a workshop at their home.

And not having a cooking station at home would be bonkers. It looks like the commander's home is rather out of the way, I doubt Seimur delivers in JaW - although he might be just crazy enough to do it. That noodle vendor from Kaineng surely won't though, so I need a place to make my noodles!

But do you have access to teleportation and work on the road all the time?   Such is the life of an adventurer. 

Both towns and the home instance are just game assets in the grand scheme of things. If you were saving the world every minute of everyday like Pooba does, you wouldn’t be crafting anything since you can’t spare the time between disasters.  

• Confused 1

I'd actually been thinking about this as well. Should Homesteads have crafting? Well, yes and no. Should they have ALL the crafting stations? No. They should not. However, we also don't use all the crafting stations. By default, you have two crafting licenses. So perhaps we could have a crafting area that we can choose, one crafting area that you can choose from your particular crafting licenses.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/5/2024 at 3:08 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I'm thinking it will probably work like a cross between EotN and Guild Halls. The mystic toilet will almost certainly not be available, but who knows about the other stuff? I really doubt they're going to allow this to make the gem store passes obsolete.

not really, if they sale the new instances for housing on the gem store

• Confused 1

The big thing that Wizard's Tower, EotN, and Arborstone don't have that VIP lounges do, is the ability to send you back to your original location when you leave. This is great for parked alts, and for just going back to town to sell stuff in the middle of whatever you were doing.

Homesteads are probably going to be instanced, and I think that instances always send you back to your original locations afterwards? So I expect them to provide an easy way into the homestead, and for the homestead to send you back to wherever you came from. If they do that and also provide all of the VIP amenities, then they will truly make VIP lounges obsolete. So I think they'll provide the easy access, but some of the services won't be available.

If I was designing this, I'd put in a bank access and unlockable crafting bench decorations. But I wouldn't put in access to the mystic forge, trading post, or any merchants.

I actually don't want to see any generic NPCs in my homestead. I don't want to be hiring a bunch of people to stand around my house waiting for me to talk to them.

Edited by frazazel.7501
typos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/9/2024 at 2:18 PM, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Should Homesteads have crafting? Well, yes and no. Should they have ALL the crafting stations? No. They should not.

The one that they absolutely should have (if unlocked on the account) is the Home Cooking Station, and it should be available for all characters for at least bank access use. It's idiotic that we have to spend lots of mostly account-bound gold and materials for a home instance unlock that (for practical purposes) is soulbound.

I mean, who's going to level up another Chef just to gain access to something you should already have access to? Any character can walk up to any public cooking station and use the bank tab, whether that character is a Chef or not. But the one that you spend time, effort and resources to earn for your own home instance? Nope, none of your other characters are even allowed to look at it unless they're a high-level Chef.

I will keep banging on this drum because it's a stupid, stupid, stupid limitation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1