eles have 20 weapon skills and 4 f skills on top of the usual

Ele has 20 skills and 8 weapons... Pistol being objectively terrible, don't try to deny it, while 4 others are mid as hell, dagger and hammer to some extent are alright, while scepter and focus is still carrying the bunch as far as I'm concerned.. xD

Hell, there are even worthless skills on focus for Chrissake.. Freezing gust? Flamewall? What for? 

Edited by Codename T.2847
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Double the skills, double the cooldowns, quarter effectiveness of other classes.

Well, we finally know your main.

14 hours ago, asket.5674 said:

Oh boy, someone got outplayed. Let me guess, necro or ranger main.

Lol, outplayed is an odd word.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Hell, there are even worthless skills on focus for Chrissake.. Freezing gust? Flamewall? What for?

Freezing gust  -> Water trident       And you can perfectly use it to get rid of aegis and blind.

Flamewall for downed cleave and to constantly get rid of blind.      ( lay it in the middle of the node, and the hits will clear blind for you in teamfights)

On condibuilds this is one of your biggest bursts.     Immob and then lay Flamewall under him.

19 hours ago, phixion.9428 said:

Ele mains always pretending their class is bad until you see 5 ele mat teams in finals xD

Forum warriors always pretending one overperforming elite spec equals to the entire Ele class (that suffered collectively for the OPness of one of its elite spec, because Anet is doofuses)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Lets not pretend that Catalyst is overperforming, shall we?

My bad, I haven't played in a while and thought staunch aura among others is still 3 sec, also saw that spectacular spheres got nerfed. 

Then literally what's problematic about Eles in PvP now? If you somehow die to zerker/mara amulet FA Weaver/Cata or the not nearly as bursty condi scepter Ele thats an honest to God skill issue... Have players been so scarred by that 2-3 months of Cata being a bit too strong? xD

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 4:23 PM, Codename T.2847 said:

Ele has 20 skills and 8 weapons... Pistol being objectively terrible, don't try to deny it, while 4 others are mid as hell, dagger and hammer to some extent are alright, while scepter and focus is still carrying the bunch as far as I'm concerned.. xD

Hammer is so good, the weaver cartel wiped out the cata cartel to make it theirs. The SPB cartel are livid at the revenue loss.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

My bad, I haven't played in a while and thought staunch aura among others is still 3 sec, also saw that spectacular spheres got nerfed. 

Then literally what's problematic about Eles in PvP now? If you somehow die to zerker/mara amulet FA Weaver/Cata or the not nearly as bursty condi scepter Ele thats an honest to God skill issue... Have players been so scarred by that 2-3 months of Cata being a bit too strong? xD

cata is about to get good again with dagger buffs

we prolly seeing some more ele if they nerf condi reaper

I think the current state the best ele build is B+

lol they nerfed literally everything cata touched 

scepter power and condi

dagger off

signet of earth, water and heal got double nerfed and on top of that icd on written in stone

mag and shock aura halved

one with the air ss 3 to 1 second

and all the cata nerfs

swirling winds also nerfed 

and ppl were asking for icd on smothering auras rofl

Edited by Pttf.2467
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Often I need to wait for 20-25 secs to be able to deal damage to Tempest with Dagger/Dagger
Kinda insane how one of the strongest dpses in the game is a Condi Tank with Dagger 🤦‍♂️
People who say that Ele is B+ must be out of their minds.

Or ele mains themselves

Edited by Skary.8956
Nerds dont forget to react with confused emoji
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Not really...ele got "OP" only couple of times during GW2 history, both were due to some insane burning buff -

1. Around 2014 with fire trait line rework, d/d arcane/fire ele got super popular...so much that people were seeing ele more than once every 2-3 matches..a shocker for typical nerf criers
  2. Around 2023 with the scepter rework, cata became super strong...even though it was barely decent before scepter reworks 

Every burning get buffed on ele...that's when you see the tears start running because condi damage allows the average player to succeed in GW2 as such a strong condi output allows the average player to run the safest options for ele gameplay and boom...you see more than one ele every 3-4 matches and not running some yolo burst, like power ele is one of the hardest specs in the game and not due to very hard gameplay but because everything else got powercrept to the stars and beyond. Every other class can run safe power builds with a plethora of inbuilt defensive utilities like shroud reducing dmg by 50%, stealth on demand, block/evade chain, which can be accessed while doing damage, most of the power builds in GW2 right now can be played without ever touching the dodge button.

By contrast, power ele while not being super complicated as people may think, it's still super risky compared to some other options, reason why you see an army of vindicators/rangers/reapers etc etc and not an army of zerker scepter else, why the kitten should I run a zerker scepter ele when I can feel like Goku on a reaper, vindicator, ranger etc?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Then literally what's problematic about Eles in PvP now?

Nothing is problematic about ele. (atleast in terms of being op)

Thats why this whole post is 1 big skill issue.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why are all ele mains so delusional and pretend like ele is not of the most broken profession right now 😄?
I logged do my weekly pvp in 6 games I played with and against Dagger Dagger Tempest in every single game.
I did 5 games for weekly on alt and again I played with and against dagger dagger ele quite a bit.
Also I've been watching some OG GW2 players and their games are quite the same.
Just a Single Overload on Earth Attunement kills a light dummy 100-0 and this is AOE. While it gives you stability, protection, cripple and 4 sec imob 😅 on top of Stun Break that is on 17 sec CD WTF

On 6/12/2024 at 4:58 PM, Pttf.2467 said:

following your logic 5 kits engineer should be the absolute meta

that would be a total of 34 skills to use

OP nerf pls

Yeah I remember the time when Engi kits were not taking up utility slots and all of them were available at all times NOT.
The audacity to compare eng tool kits to ele attunements is some next level of delusion.
Outside of Mortar and Granade kit there is nothing to write home about.
With Magnet nerf toolkit is useless

Also on eng we have some classics like Rifle, Mace, Shortbow that is useless after holo nerf, pistol offhand.
Basically all power engis are forced to play hammer.
Other option is to play condition with pistol and shield

Edited by Skary.8956
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1