Legendary Armor quantity

Hey guys i was curious how many are getting the pve Legy armor just for the skins.  I already have raid heavy Legy armor and pvp light and medium Legy armors.  So i would just be doing the pve armor for skins.  Since end game goals are just creating Legendaries are a lot of people creating multiple of the same weight Legendary armor?  

• Confused 1

I'm rather set in my ways with my armour and since I am already gorgeous, I don't need the looks.

Having said that, I am keeping a sep build tab for it just in case I can look even more stunning. As unlikely as that is

TLDR; I'm doing 2 weights for the stat swapping

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

If you don't need the utility and are only looking at skins, it's your personal taste that matters and nothing else.  As you said, there is no other goal in Secrets besides achievement hunting and legendary armor.  T2 legendary is only there for sparkles.  IMO, if you enjoy playing the maps you're going to end up with the necessary mats and complete the necessary tasks making it not nearly as grindy as it initially seems.  If you don't enjoy the maps and already have legendary gear, it's probably not worth it.

• Like 1

I already have all 3 sets of WvW legendary armor and even though I spend a lot of time in OW, I have no inclination/desire to make these armor sets. The skins aren't that great. Besides, I don't particularly care for any of the legendary armor skins. I reskin them standard 🙂 

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I had all 3 weights from my time in wvw.   Ended up having most of the essences needed to make a set by the time I was done all my AP hunting.... so I made the medium obby set just cause I liked the look of it.   Did I need it?  Nope, not at all.. but it gave me something to do for a week

• Like 1

I guarantee that the number of people doing it just for the skin is very low. I'm one of the few that made all 3 sets of T2 because I had no legendary armor at all, and I liked the visual effects of T2. Most players already had legendary armor from one of the other game modes, so most are probably not going to bother doing it just for the skin. There were numerous posts on here by people that were crying and demanding that they should be able to get the Obby armor for a reduced cost since they already had legendary armor. They just have a huge sense of entitlement, but fortunately Anet has not bowed to their insane demands. With SotO being the least popular of the expansions so far, it's possible that even less people will be doing the content for the armor.

So, if you are at all interested in the armor, work on getting it now while there are still some people actively playing that content, or at least before the novelty wears off (which will be soon).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I already have 3 sets of legy armor and don't really need to build the PVE legy armor just for the skins. Most of my characters already use the skins that suit them - which is why many of them don't use their legy skin.

But since I probably already have enough items from playing SotO to build 1-2 pieces of that legy armor, I'll take a look (but only after I have the legy spear from JW) to see which pieces of armor from the PVE legy armor I like the most and then build them anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I've made legendary weapons just for the skin. They weren't duplicates, but I don't really use the legendary functionality much (I've almost never changed the stats for example) so the skin is the main thing I got from them. The skin was what made me want to get medium WvW legendary armour too, but then I definitely made the legendary version for the functionality, because the precursor has the same skin.

So while it hasn't come up for me yet I would make duplicate legendary armour for the skin, but like any skin it would mean weighing up how much I liked it (and what alternatives are available) against how difficult/expensive it is to get, and if I don't like it enough to think it's worth the hassle I wouldn't bother.

I like the looks of the new heavy armor, but then again, since I already got full legendary raid armor and usually re-skin for different looks anyway, I won't bother and rather spend my gold for something else.

I am in the reverse scenario.  I am working now on raiding for the armour specifically because I prefer the raids sets by far over the obby set, even though I have all three t2 sets unlocked.   Pretty sure I am in a minority.

11 minutes ago, Surelia.2651 said:

I am in the reverse scenario.  I am working now on raiding for the armour specifically because I prefer the raids sets by far over the obby set, even though I have all three t2 sets unlocked.   Pretty sure I am in a minority.

Just out of curiosity but why did you get the obby armor sets if you knew you wanted the raid sets more? 

11 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Just out of curiosity but why did you get the obby armor sets if you knew you wanted the raid sets more? 

I wanted the utility and they are brain dead easy to get.  Finishing all three sets and three T2 sets was a bit of a pita-slog I admit, but once I commit to something I tend to kind of get tunnel vision-ed and have to finish, so I did 😂

I hadn't focused on raid sets here even though I loved them because truthfully, I was really burned out on raiding from constantly doing it in two other MMOs I play.  At the time Soto launched last year I was still not too keen on the idea of raiding again, but over the last few months I realized I was really missing it quite a bit.  So that's where I am now.  I have a lovely guild and they are helping me learn them.  I don't mind if that takes me a super long time; the experiences with them and the sets are well worth it. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2024 at 5:03 PM, Surelia.2651 said:

I wanted the utility and they are brain dead easy to get.  Finishing all three sets and three T2 sets was a bit of a pita-slog I admit, but once I commit to something I tend to kind of get tunnel vision-ed and have to finish, so I did 😂

I hadn't focused on raid sets here even though I loved them because truthfully, I was really burned out on raiding from constantly doing it in two other MMOs I play.  At the time Soto launched last year I was still not too keen on the idea of raiding again, but over the last few months I realized I was really missing it quite a bit.  So that's where I am now.  I have a lovely guild and they are helping me learn them.  I don't mind if that takes me a super long time; the experiences with them and the sets are well worth it. 😊

haha fair do's. That makes sense. I have all the wvw sets and it took me a long time but that was also fine by me, though towards the end I do admit to being a bit burnt out as well 😉 

I was going to make the leggy armor from SOTO but the skins are so bland and not my aesthetic that I decided against it. Utility is one thing but I also expect this armor to be LEGENDARY just like the very interesting and cool raid leggy armor but glowing runes aren't enough to keep me motivated. They look like gemstore outfits.

• Confused 2

I am seeing here a miss opportunity for Anet to recycle old content. I have all 3 weights one raid/ one pvp/ one wvw and I will not do another legendary armor. But I like some skins and AP that comes with complete the collections ( Legendary Armorer, etc) so I would put some efforts and making them. For example, I would go raiding again if I could buy those legendary skins/ and get AP  I miss with a discounted price. I am not asking less LI, this can remain the same, but they should not ask for Gifts and other mats, I already pay them for 1 legendary set. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I use legendaries purely for the utility, so 1 set of each weight class is enough. To me, most of their skins are either ugly or completely clash with the class aesthetic, so I transmute almost all legendaries except the ones that troll others (Quip, Dreamer) or have some unique transformations (PvE heavy raid armor covering charr tails in metal).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/13/2024 at 7:36 PM, Jason.3485 said:

Hey guys i was curious how many are getting the pve Legy armor just for the skins.

I was. Had all materials ready for the heavy set. Then saw the horrific implementation of the skin when it finally released. Was completely angry that I had wasted so much time on resources for a skin whose in-game realization looked like ****, as opposed to its stunning concept art image. So I got the light set instead, because (1) I had to do something with those items I had already prepared and that could not be used on anything else, and (2) it was the only set that looked at all like in the concept art.

Lesson learnt: Never trust ANet again with anything that "will release later". :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3