Will you stop playing WvW with the new system?

Do you think you will probably stop playing WvW under the new system?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. The WvW change has been implemented. Do you see longevity here? Will you stop playing WvW under the new system?

• Yes
    • No

On 6/18/2024 at 11:16 AM, Arya Whitefire.8423 said:

I haven't played WVW in years, it's long dead.   But I have been playing less and less of the pip/newb/pug farming sandbox simulator that was built on the corpse of WVW.

I foresee much less activity in 2-6 months.  Though we'll see what the scoring change brings.

This. 👍

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think I lack the appropriate expertise to answer if this has "longevity", but I don't believe I will stop playing. Not sure which one is the intended question for the yes/no options provided.

The guilds I am in aren't WvW guilds (a few are pretty much dead in any mode), and I always treated WvW as a server activity and never prioritized joining a WvW guild. For me being a a pubbie on the server worked out, as I still could get to know some of the guilds, commanders, and chatty folks on CD across match-ups and years. I'm pretty sure I'm not with any of the active CD WvW community now over here on Mr. Magoo or whatever (Moogooloo), so it's kind of like transferring to a new school in a new town. The game is the same, the rules are the same, but you don't know anything [yet] about your own team or your potential rivals.

So far, I'd say it's made me care about the WvW scoreboard and results less -- it's really just Red vs Blue vs Green now. I don't see that stopping anyone, or at least me, from jumping in to do some WV dailies, flip camps, find and support a squad, or respond to calls in team chat. If anything, it will likely give me the push to join a WvW guild for more stability in the idea of a WvW community.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Just because you haven't made friends with any server community and have changed servers several times doesn't mean that there aren't any good server communities (or more precisely: that there weren't any). 

Thanks, but I can tell the difference.

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Meh one time visit to clear out your bank material storage can round up enough gold for a one time transfer. I don't pve, I don't play the market, yet I've had enough loot from wvw to make several transfers over the years, never had to drop any real money for it. Have to wonder what these people been spending their gold on, and why it wasn't worth a one time transfer to move to be with their guild in wvw. Even stockpiling memories of battle could get you a pretty penny for years.

In the old days, WvW was probably a gold sink, so maybe it's just old habits of being poor. 🤣 WvW actually makes a decent amount of gold if your server is active. Obviously organized pve activities will beat it by a mile but key words is organized. You don't exactly profit off the big metas or fractals without someone knowing what they're doing for the most part. But yes, pve is easier to leech off of just because of population.

But these days reward tracks and skirmish tracks make up the bulk of the gold (drops are generally inconsequential). Decent zerging can get you 10-15 gold an hour. You think being small scale would decrease your gold and it does naturally, but not by that much (like 30%?). The least profitable activity in the game is defending, to nobody's surprise. Although Gw2efficiency exaggerates your losses by using TP values for siege and most people I think use tokens.

Market shenanigans are not something I pay much attention too unless it's very blatant where pvers are freaking out (typically after an announement) but getting that nailed down means you don't have to grind gold at all.  So there is always that. Personally I only do it because it's good memes and the only true PvP content in the game.

Jokes aside, gw2efficiency is just a very good tool because it will actually list the gold value of everything in inventory or storage, so you can save time by plucking out the bigger numbers. It also is better at finding items then the game itself, yikes.

In practice, usually people will have problems with transfer or any big expenditure because they just finished making a legendary, though you may ask about the sense of sending yourself to the cleaners just to make the legendary faster. And the worst part is it's often like their 10th legendary so you know they're not exactly casual players.

But that probably explains those people that whine about GoB who can't just buy it off the TP though; they put the whole farm on the legendary and need it to get out of the hole they dug themselves. They usually just dig deeper though.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

As some one who never really WvW's... I've taken an interest in it. Especially after a few PvP buddies are wanting to start a guild just so we can WvW together.

I feel the change has hurt more-so the bigger groups of casual players who found each other over the years, as oppose to the random Solo WvW player that queues seldomly.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/19/2024 at 11:22 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

But what do you expect? A lot of players in this game are bad and can't follow simple directions.

To tell the truth I didn't expect anything, except a bit of ''more credible competition'' especially in the EU with 3 servers treated differently from all the others (ridiculous just thinking about it). And to tell the truth, I don't even need directions. Directions for what? Anet designed a team game. I chose a team randomly when I started playing. And I played with it. It's not a matter of guilds going away and guilds coming back or guilds forming or guilds disbanding.  It's not a matter of tags Commanders leaving or others arriving. Incidentally, to be clear , don't give a kitten. This is a team game. Pick one and play with it. Simple, easy, fun. at least until last week it was.

• Like 3

Ive been playing more than i did prior to WR.  For my main guild, it brought back a handful of members who were left behind from a server transfer long ago, and it also brought in a good number of friendly new recruits.  On my alt accounts guild, the announcement brought a handful of people abck to the game and they've started to Raid more regularly since one of the people coming back was the second driver.  This snowballed and brought other friends from other games over, since now they dont have to pay for a xfer and wouldn't be left behind every relink and penalized.

Sure i miss many of the guilds i played with on my last server, however i am also looking forward to both, facing them on the battlefield (which i have already) and being their ally once more.  In due time more relationships will be formed since the old barriers of the server walls arent there.  From a new players standpoint, they are more likely to find friendly faces in wvw imo with this system than the old server system.  The only ones who really lost out are the people who come in for a gift of battle then leave, and even then, they can just follow other commanders since they were never really part of the community.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

16 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Thursday night, tier 1, prime time est, no queues.

🤭

I do wish there was a site that showed queues over time. Likewise one that showed outnumbered over time. If the sorting worked and the server spread was on point then there should be limited times of queues. Queues are also impacted by player activity levels as well and if people were having fun in which ever ways they define that. 

Trying to judge how the sorts worked based on week endings, as far as matches, yeah I checked too late for EU. NA 2 matches were decided 2 days ago, 2 were over yesterday and we have one that will come down to today in T4. Its hard to read into that without data on how the servers were composed and how the mixes actually looked which I don't think is available outside of internal Anet data. If all was to balanced out of the gate, then this looks lopsided. What is unclear is the whys of that. Which is why we 4 week matches. So we will see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

To tell the truth I didn't expect anything, except a bit of ''more credible competition'' especially in the EU with 3 servers treated differently from all the others (ridiculous just thinking about it). And to tell the truth, I don't even need directions. Directions for what? Anet designed a team game. I chose a team randomly when I started playing. And I played with it. It's not a matter of guilds going away and guilds coming back or guilds forming or guilds disbanding.  It's not a matter of tags Commanders leaving or others arriving. Incidentally, to be clear , don't give a kitten. This is a team game. Pick one and play with it. Simple, easy, fun. at least until last week it was.

I get you. It's just one of those that players are going to get or not get. As I have been telling others like us, see it as you are now on a vacation to destinations unknown. 

So how's the second reset treating you guys?

For me it managed to get worse, we're getting stomped even harder and people seem to have given up in my group. There are no people except for a few roamers flipping camps.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was busy when reset happened but gw2mists.com tells me we're at 0.58 K/D ratio already and we are already NA T5 so it's close to confirmed that we are going to get farmed for the next 5 weeks until they relink with new completely new teams...

I logged on about 4 hours after reset and no visible tags on any map for us.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

21 hours ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

"Will you stop playing WvW under the new system?"

I set the Wizard Vault and Guild Missions to PvE only now. 😃👍

When Worlds come before Guilds, I might set it back.

sounds like u fixed wvw for yourself :D for now..

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1

I can't say Yes/No here.

I still play WvW but I play far less than before. Having said that: I never got into PvE in GW2. It's not my cup of tea. So playing less WvW means playing less GW2 for me, as well. And so this new expansion is even more out of interest for me now.

The next weeks will tell us how this system evolves. The good side: I have more time to do other things in my free time now 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I was busy when reset happened but gw2mists.com tells me we're at 0.58 K/D ratio already and we are already NA T5 so it's close to confirmed that we are going to get farmed for the next 5 weeks until they relink with new completely new teams...

I logged on about 4 hours after reset and no visible tags on any map for us.

I've always been of the opinion we needed less tiers, and not more.

Like anyone could have known there was only one option for failure. And as a former long-time resident of a perma-t4 server, I know what failure looks like.

Though granted I can't say anything about our own matchups. Everyone ran invisible and kittened at others to get off, and basically there was nothing to capture because the other 2 servers were just clashing with our blob that was getting farmed somewhere outside of garrison.

Basically just HBL reset as usual. I was foolish enough to join hbl because I forgot which one would be it. What server am I on again?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 hour ago, Lenoir.3579 said:

So playing less WvW means playing less GW2 for me, as well. And so this new expansion is even more out of interest for me now.

Same same!

6 weeks is going to be a long time of not playing. Long enough for something new to replace the GW2 habit , we'll see.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Playing less gw2...u either the map q blob or fighting it ...boring either way. Outside your alliance raid time feels like your wasting your time hopeing for content because you just don't know like you would of known while on a server you have played on for some time.

Edited by Safty.7326
  • Like 7

On 6/21/2024 at 1:55 PM, neven.3785 said:

Sure i miss many of the guilds i played with on my last server, however i am also looking forward to both, facing them on the battlefield (which i have already) and being their ally once more.  In due time more relationships will be formed since the old barriers of the server walls arent there

This is what i hope too. Find new people and just talk english and not german (which is not an issue).

i mean i cannot not play with the WR,…. It’s implemented. So best thing is to deal with it as good as possible.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Last week of WvW ended at 2 million kills+deaths, which is noticably higher than the average week of maybe 1.4-1.6m. Also notable, it was pretty evenly split in a million over the weekend and another million over the weekdays. That is an odd trend - weekends usually have like 70% of the total weeks activity.

In terms of balance, 7 out of 11 matches ended up within 50 victory points highest to lowest. 3 ended up over 50 points and one was a blowout at over 100 points difference. 3 matches had the lowest KDR leading, 5 matches had the highest KDR leading. The highest KDR in NA was second place, the highest KDR in EU was leading one of the within 50 point matches. Both lowest KDR was within 50 points.

So I can only summarize that since half the people are saying they're not playing WvW over this change, it apparently got filled up by PvErs and PvErs are really into WvW. 

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So I can only summarize that since half the people are saying they're not playing WvW over this change, it apparently got filled up by PvErs and PvErs are really into WvW. 

I admit, I played a few more hours than I normally do for dailies and to check out all the newness of who is tagging up at what hours.  Some players in the alliance guild probably did too.  If you play WvW, you're *really* into PvE.

Edited by Chaba.5410

What kind of poll is this!!!!! OP your are asking 2 questions: -

Do you see longevity here? Yes

Will you stop playing WvW under the new system? no i will play more (minus Health/ IRL factors).

Edited by asha.4159
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I admit, I played a few more hours than I normally do for dailies and to check out all the newness of who is tagging up at what hours.  Some players in the alliance guild probably did too.  If you play WvW, you're *really* into PvE.

First rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club. Second rule of fight club is you don't talk about how much time you spent in crafting more guild siege and waiting for bars to cross screens. Third rule of fight club is you need more sleep after you felt vendetta was called for so sleep was skipped. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Last week of WvW ended at 2 million kills+deaths, which is noticably higher than the average week of maybe 1.4-1.6m. Also notable, it was pretty evenly split in a million over the weekend and another million over the weekdays. That is an odd trend - weekends usually have like 70% of the total weeks activity.

In terms of balance, 7 out of 11 matches ended up within 50 victory points highest to lowest. 3 ended up over 50 points and one was a blowout at over 100 points difference. 3 matches had the lowest KDR leading, 5 matches had the highest KDR leading. The highest KDR in NA was second place, the highest KDR in EU was leading one of the within 50 point matches. Both lowest KDR was within 50 points.

That's really interesting, the increase in K+D, particularly during weekdays.

However, I'm assuming you are getting your info from GW2Mists.com? That only has access to K+D info from players who have created a GW2Mists login and added an API Key right?

So it's not PVE players. It's probably not even the more casual WvW players - I don't consider myself particularly casual having played WvW pretty solidly every week for the last year and a half but I've never felt a need to create a GW2Mists login for myself (just did one today out of curiosity after reading your post).

So your stats will be from the more serious WvW players. It's good to see that they are more engaged than normal. But it's also expected - the change to WR is primarily targeted at guilds which play WvW and they in turn are going to contain more of the serious WvW players. Maybe some of those WvW guilds are now tagging up more during weekdays due to WR which is great.

I think the biggest concern about WR isn't the WvW guilds and the more serious WvW players tho. They are likely to be enjoying WR. The concern is that it may not be good for the more casual half of the WvW player base (too early to say tho). And GW2Mists probably has limited visibility on what those players do over the next few weeks because few of them will have GW2Mists logins and API keys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1