Now that all the spear kits have been revealed, how do you feel about them?

Title.

Not sure giving ranger more stealth is a good plan, ele's gonna blind everyone with that giant aoe circle
Mesmers become Marth.

Engineer players seem like the type to stick forks in electrical sockets so theirs is extremely fitting

• Haha 1

Giving Ranger more stealth is an excellent plan.  

Besides, it's on a weapon and no one cares about weapon stealth anyway, only combo field stealth.  

Let em cook, it'll be fine, or at least lead to a bunch of salty account changing their icon to ranger ones again...kind of miss that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

We still know so little about them... This is mostly assumptions based on few seconds of video and a description.

Intrigued:

• Thief : I feel like this could attract people to thief in PvE (if it brings a more standard rotation instead of spamming a skill) and could be fun in PvP (if it has some flexibility). Hopefully it is not too loaded since they announced a hybrid weapon.
  • Elem : Probably has too many drawbacks for PvP (range + staying in aoe) and will be better in PvE / WvW but playing dps mage sounds fun.
  • Mesmer : It sounds like a fun melee weapon. Waiting to see what the aoe / distance to keep is. (hopefully it does not have cc on the kit)

Sounds good:

• Engineer : Looks like another strong melee weapon but purely dps. Probably awesome in PvE and if holo gains some tankyness it could be scary in PvP too (I am not a fan of skills possibly turning you into a walking aoe)
  • Ranger : Alternating range / close combat looks fun but I do not know how if the stealth attack will feel good or break the flow.
  • Necro : Sounds solid but we still need to see if it allows necro to stay /survive in close combat without a shroud.

Not excited at the moment:

• Rev : Not sure how it will play out. The trailer was a bit weird. Probably annoying on vindi.
  • War : It looks like a mid range weapon. We need to find out how the burst works.
  • Guard : An off support weapon? Guard already has some strong pure support or power dps options. Could be used on firebrand or to get some free utilities / buffs on willbender

I will miss a part of the beta. I hope we get another one later because 9 professions to check in multiple game modes is a lot.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

I look forward to everyone and their mothers using spears on day 1.

A couple weeks later, you'll see 3 or so classes still using spear because it's actually good, while everyone else asks for buffs on the forums.

This is the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:
  • Rev : Not sure how it will play out. The trailer was a bit weird. Probably annoying on vindi.

I don't know what it's for, unless it's meant to be a shortbow replacement, which is really stupid and I'll be really upset about since rev shortbow is the coolest weapon in the game.

Like, unless it has built in cleanses or blinds or aegis or something, it probably won't be able to replace mace/shield for condi builds. But it has mobility (that punishes people who chase through it), CC, chill and slow, so if it does decent ranged damage, it's just a superior SB that also seems to ignore projectile hate on most the attacks.

It looks like Grimstroke from dota tho, which is definitely 10/10.

I was really hoping for a strong condi replacement for mace/shield for Ren/Vindi, since they can't get shield trait from Herald.

You would assume they want to make spearbreaker a thing but gave warrior spear absolutely no synergy with Spellbreaker. 

The only known cc moves you away from the target which is anti synergy with Full Counter. 

Such a wierd choice that the burst does not have a CC effect on it. 

Maybe they forgot about Attackers insight? Or all the other on cc traits? 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You would assume they want to make spearbreaker a thing but gave warrior spear absolutely no synergy with Spellbreaker. 

The only known cc moves you away from the target which is anti synergy with Full Counter. 

Such a wierd choice that the burst does not have a CC effect on it. 

Maybe they forgot about Attackers insight? Or all the other on cc traits? 

I mean you land tether, then move away  with that skill to pull them. The spear autos does more fragments the closer you are as well. Sounds like spellbreaker will be fine with this as long as the numbers are good.

Either way the weapons are not out. We dont know anything outside of what was shown to us

10 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

There are  enough weapons in the game, most are just garbage and are not used. Adding 1 more weapon changes nothing, when the tendency is to ignore crap weapons.

Engineer used to have more weapon options because of kits than other professions. Now we have less options imo because we can't switch weapons in combat/pvp match. They "need" to allow engie to switch weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

way too many unique sub mechanics (except warrior)

i feel like theres already enough mechanics to remember...

they basically making sub elite spec into weapon with the amount of sub mechanics built in (except warrior)

so you have to remember basically way too many stuff to actually know what enemy are doing now...

gw2 already struggles to bring in new players, by having unessasary amount of mechanics, when LoL/overwatch etc all have minimum mechanics, which does not disrupt the ability to have advanced pvp gameplay...do i have to read a 10 page PPT essay before heading into PvP now?

also why those animation look way over the top(except warrior)...like why....core/hot amount of effect is perfect, we already struggle with blindness with PoF and onward effects..specially the ele one legit looking like a boss fight amount of fx

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

Engineer used to have more weapon options because of kits than other professions. Now we have less options imo because we can't switch weapons in combat/pvp match. They "need" to allow engie to switch weapons. 

Hell no

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

TIER 1: FUN TIME NO ALCOHOL REQUIRED (ANY GAME MODE)

War (SpB, Berserker), Necro, Mesmer, Ele, Ranger, Thief, Guardian

TIER 2: GREAT IN PVE I GUESS

Engie, War (BladS), Rev

My thoughts on Rev Spear: Someone will probably figure out how to maximize its use in PvP, but it won't be great right away.

For Engie: It might as well be called glass cannon like the Ele because it has very few defensive cooldowns. People will still play Scrapper Hammer and Holo Rifle with their defensive weapons that have longer CC durations. The reason why Hammer is so good for the Scrapper AoE burst set-up is due to its evading leap. If you leap into a team fight or even a 1v1 with Engie spear, you're likely leaping into a face full of pain. Especially if you're fighting a Mesmer who can: 1- Evade while stunned, and 2- burst you while stunned.

Edited by Dirame.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I wish they would improve existing weapons instead of introducing new. There is no objective need for more weapons except for selling an expansion. It will make sPvP worse becasue of balancing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Last Crab.6054 said:
8 hours ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

have more weapon options because of kits than other professions. Now we have less options imo because we can't switch weapons in combat/pvp match. They "need" to allow engie to switch weapons. 

Hell no

We are not getting more kits as engineers or the ability to swap out kits, but everyone else gets more and more options for weapon swaps. I would love to switch shortbow and sword/shield, or shortbow and hammer, or possibly spear. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Marxx.5021 said:

I wish they would improve existing weapons instead of introducing new. There is no objective need for more weapons except for selling an expansion. It will make sPvP worse becasue of balancing.

Keeping the game alive by selling expansions is an objective reason.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Voegelin.5642 said:

I disagree. Instead I think anet should give minor buffs to kits to compensate for engi giving up utility slots for basically another weapon. This would come in various forms for different kits. 

For instance, I think bomb kit should be ground targeted skills with 450 range, toolkit buff it's toolbelt skill, elixer gun increase its offensive output, increase mortar kits velocity etc. 

On 6/22/2024 at 4:53 PM, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

I disagree. Instead I think anet should give minor buffs to kits to compensate for engi giving up utility slots for basically another weapon. This would come in various forms for different kits. 

For instance, I think bomb kit should be ground targeted skills with 450 range, toolkit buff it's toolbelt skill, elixer gun increase its offensive output, increase mortar kits velocity etc. 

Well, some recognition/correction for the relative loss of diverse options for engineer. People can choose from many, weapons to swap in combat. Engie's can't swap any, and bomb kit is pretty useless in PVP, leaving us nades or the elixer gun. Only. And one weapon. Initial game design was engie had more options, not less, than other professions, given the kits.

Bigger radius for the bomb would make sense. Harder to see, escape. Some fun trickery.

Edited by Voegelin.5642