A First Look at Homesteads: Exclusive Preview from PC Gamer [Merged]

Rubi Bayer.8493

42 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I appreciate that there are no perks to homesteads which make me feel forced to engage with them.  Homesteads have absolutely 0 appeal to me and as a major feature of the next expansion, I am going to wait until its deeply discounted before buying it. 

The story content since IBS has sucked, and Spear while interesting isnt enough of a draw alone to buy this expac.  Really cant see a reason to get this expac. 

so be it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

It's very cool, very excited.

On small thing I hope they change some day: Irrespective of resting experience, or caring about that, it would be nice to be able to select 1-to-many of your alts and place them where you want in the instance "regardless" of where they are in the world. It seems like a bit of a quality demotion to move alts away from being parked at monies for moar chicken to get to hang out with them at home.

Or stage a big beach party down by the dock. I'm not saying "I" would do that...but some people.

yea good point......its nice to come home and see all alts...............but cmon....im not gona move 20 of them from alt parking money............hmmm too bad.....y not have option to jus see thm at home, like we all having a break together without moving them all of them from parked spots

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Quick question:

Will the auto harvest mechanic allow for the glyphs we have on our tools?

If not, will there be an option via the auto harvest interface to use a glyph that we own while the auto harvest happens?

As a mechanic the auto harvesting is a great feature, but if I cannot get value from my glyphs at the same time, then I will never use it.

• Like 5

Great preview! Gives me basically all the information I needed so I can make an informed purchasing decision. Homestead is looking pretty good, nice work so far.

Perhaps I can build my castle after all, albeit with a little creative work. Hopefully there is enough variety in the available pieces so that I can create walls, pillars, archways, cloisters, towers, balustrades, matriculation, crenelations, pointed roofs, and epic windows and doors.

This begs the question: in the event we build elaborate creations out of various pieces, like an an enclosed room, will there be lighting options like candles, torches, lamps, etc to light interiors of things we create? Or is the entirety simply subject to the ambient lighting? I'm just saying because walls cast shadows, and enclosed spaces can get dark.

I was totally indifferent on housing before, but this looks promising.

Edited by Zera.9435
  • Like 2

Very nice. Minor suggestion based on what we saw in the video, it would be nice if the manikins had an option to apply a stone or wood texture to them while placing them, so that they can look more like statues rather than just frozen clones of your character.

Aside from that, the only thing on my personal wishlist that I didn't see here was the eventual ability to swap out the Kodan cabin with buildings in a different architectural style (having a version of the home in the styles of each of the playable races would be a good place to start). Even if all the houses had the same floor plan, just having different aesthetics would be nice. Something to consider for the future.

Edited by Randin.5701
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Quick question:

Will the auto harvest mechanic allow for the glyphs we have on our tools?

If not, will there be an option via the auto harvest interface to use a glyph that we own while the auto harvest happens?

As a mechanic the auto harvesting is a great feature, but if I cannot get value from my glyphs at the same time, then I will never use it.

You can see a glyph management option in the video, when he uses one of the auto harvesting stations

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 2

It's a really really cool nice feature. I wasn't expecting homestead when you was saying housing (and i was really happy when i read the news about that) but after seeing the preview video, i can't wait to build and make some visite after.

I'm sure that some player will amazed us with their decoration.

Really cool nice feature, tk's arena.

Seems okay-ish. I guess there will be a homestead setting for the mount skin (so it won't swap automatically to the skins from the last char you logged in to). Nice that the other chars will appear there when logged out and logged into another char.

Other than that I guess they will focus on the deco stuff that might get boring fast unless you really are into it. So nothing toooo special.

• Confused 2

How many other players can we bring to our homesteads? Standard party of five, or do they have the guild halls' max occupancy of fifty?

Having your alts walk around the premises is a neat concept, but can you disable their presence entirely, or choose which ones you want to have walking around?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Colours from Chaos.3705 said:

One feature I didn't see mentioned is the ability to give permission to friends to enter our homestead and gather mats even if the owner is offline.

I don't think this will be added, as it would make harvesting nodes nearly worthless, if only one person on the friendlist or in the guild  could share them permanently with everyone.

• Like 1