no more keep perma tappers

11 minutes ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

I bet this messes up defense credit even further too.  I'll stay tuned, but won't be surprised when I'm right.

It would be nice to see wall/door participation returned over this.

In practice for an actual siege, I dont see any difference in how it functions. People wont just leave guards alone while sieging over this just because they dont contest (could argue quite the opposite then). People that just poke a guard will 99% of the time be far outside the event anyway.

This change is good, it allows for a more fluid and reactive gameplay. Now swords means something (if the map decides to react is a different matter). Scouts can be much more precise and effective. 

Some random dude aggro some guards and running away is definitely not a threat to a tower/keep. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hence my concern that more will see it as is keep fine. And then lose it.

Idk being on SBI on 10 years,  that was standard procedure anyways to ignore 99% of scout reports.  So not much lost.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

I just stick with this is fiiiiiiiiiiine as owning it means nothing anyways

and you make me run twice the distance to check, I see how you are. Its all good, I am already loling at ways to decoy even more zergs. Not to mention how much easier it will be to take their stuff. It's all good. 🙂 

Posted (edited)

these points that this is a bad change aren't thought out at all. the warclaw chain pull. this has to be done to gates, where enemy players naturally congregate and there are almost always eyes there. how hard is it to dismount with damage again? unless you're support its incredibly easy. oh no they'll just flash build a cata now. if you have scouts, this will be completely negated by one mortar/ cannon/ ac. for both of these, assuming they actually pull it off, they are using supply. wasting supply i mean. which means the other side now has less resources to take stuff. if you don't want them wasting your keep supply, retake any nearby camps. there is now no way they can make it worth while to waste your keep sups when they have to run across the map every time just to resupply. anything else i miss?

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Why do ppl care so much about structures? 

WvW for me is open field fights.

Capping stuff ( or not ) is only to decide who you fight next week .

It's part of the game mode. If I wanted to PvP only, I would be playing PvP.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

can someone explain this better?
what happens if enemy has catapult hitting the wall, ramming the gate? do we not get an alert (sword) for it anymore? 

You get it instantly, no delay like before. Well, when it’s not bugged.

On 7/13/2024 at 3:23 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I still don't even get how you reason.

Today you can look at something contested and go nah prolly just a thief running past to the already contested camp or whatever. It’s also easy to “hide” siege on one side and pretend to poke a guard on the other, fooling defenders for a little while if they just saw the poker. You also have the delay which means siege can already be hitting without it even being contested.

With the change something has hit the doors or walls. Naturally someone should check it ASAP. Maybe it’s just a fool on a warclaw or two peeps on a cata sure. Maybe you need to keep a closer eye on it for 3m. But you did get alerted of something more substantial than a guard dying. You don’t “suddenly” loose something like this.

If you never look at the map well that’s on you not the system.

Or a lot more likely. By the time you get there it has flipped. This is another negative for defenders in my book as now structures will have been breached by the time you get there if there is no active scout. Your last sentence is fully applicable on thinking nah it was probably a thief as well.

2 minutes ago, Conner.4702 said:

Or a lot more likely. By the time you get there it has flipped. This is another negative for defenders in my book as now structures will have been breached by the time you get there if there is no active scout. Your last sentence is fully applicable on thinking nah it was probably a thief as well.

If they breach now they probably would have breached just as easy or easier before with the contest delay timer. This has nothing to do with scouting them beforehand.

On 7/11/2024 at 4:25 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Millions of thieves suddenly cry out in anguish.

Instead they just use the sword 2 exploid, get inside and port a whole 50man zerg inside without anyone noticing. I bet they cry .... xD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

can someone explain this better?
what happens if enemy has catapult hitting the wall, ramming the gate? do we not get an alert (sword) for it anymore? 

You either have to get a wall or gate down to 98% or hit the lord to get the swords. This is great because it means noone can just run by and tag for it to go off. And infact last night when fighting our first fight on red border in over a week which unfortune was with BIG who are very capable and because they did not hit inner gate or wall our waypoint was open for a long time even though we had fights in there. Same when they got in to inner, the lord was not hit or got out of combat so you can use the waypoint as long as this is the case. 

On 7/12/2024 at 10:26 PM, SerialExperiments.8075 said:

Or use the mount chain pull on a gate after killing the guards. I think it just takes 5 chain pulls to get a t3 keep's gate to 97%. This is a method everyone can do if they invest some WvW Ability Points into it.

Now just need 2 thiefs and 1 guild ram