How many people can enter a Homestead?

An English translation of the Buffed article says "part" which would imply five. The original text is German though so who knows?

That said, I would like a confirmation of how many people can enter the same Homestead? I hope it's more than five since I want to be able to show off to more people!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Guild Halls are bigger, yet they cannot hold a full squad of 50 people, so... 😉 

Not sure tbh, i remember That_shaman saying the homestead map is about the same size as lost precipice gh.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Not sure tbh, i remember That_shaman saying the homestead map is about the same size as lost precipice gh.

That's quite strange if true. One of the chief complaints about Guild Halls when they launched was they were far too big. Such a size for a homestead seems wildly excessive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'd guess from the interview that 5 players would be max.  I don't think one could leave players in the Homestead and exit to form a new party to bring more players in. 🤷‍♂️

But, I'm sure we will find out eventually. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
more info
  • Confused 1

On 7/14/2024 at 9:06 AM, Malus.2184 said:

An English translation of the Buffed article says "part" which would imply five. The original text is German though so who knows?

That said, I would like a confirmation of how many people can enter the same Homestead? I hope it's more than five since I want to be able to show off to more people!

yea it'd be a shame (and missed opportunity) if anet didn't address this early on. ( i wouldn't be surprised though, since the party thing is anets way - but when you dig into the reasons why- here for homesteads, it doesn't make as much sense.) 

In one aspect in order for homesteads to become a huge community thing we need the accessibility to them. Keeping it locked to a party only, is problematic. You should be able to visit your friends list or guild members house based only being in those lists and not a party with of them, online at the same time. 😞 

A simple drop down list at the door and those with homes (or allow access - not set as private for instance) are highlighted/ bold , click on their names and enter and view their instance. It would be a wonderful thing, but i don't think anet thinks this way.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/14/2024 at 6:42 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

That's quite strange if true. One of the chief complaints about Guild Halls when they launched was they were far too big. Such a size for a homestead seems wildly excessive

No, it wasn't that they were too big , it was that the convenicies were spread out too much. The size of the halls to explore were wonderful. IoR how ever was complained about  being way too small.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

No, it wasn't that they were too big , it was that the convenicies were spread out too much. The size of the halls to explore were wonderful. IoR how ever was complained about  being way too small.

There were plenty of complaints about them being too big when HoT released and plenty of feedback asking for their sizes to be reduced for further guild halls. 

Regardless, a personal homestead being the size of a guild hall is a bit strange

• Confused 2

On 7/14/2024 at 6:19 PM, Kinurak.5307 said:

The best way to get a sense of scope of the size I'd say is to watch here on the PC gamer video. The reporter is at the fork in the river on that section of the video, with the house in view. Look at the minimap between his current location and the house. It has a decent size to it.

I quote from the buffed website where the original English interview is listed at the bottom of the page (after all the the German text at https://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-Spiel-17072/Specials/Housing-Interview-Arenanet-1451545/)

buffed: Friends will be able to decorate our homesteads, that's absolutely awesome. Regarding that: Will people be able to visit our homestead without us? And can we limit the groups that can visit our homestead, a bit like the Siege turtle with its public and only party member access?

Andrew Gray, Janthir Wilds Lead: It is not currently possible to visit others' Homesteads when they are not present as the system uses the standard party instance join functionality. This means the owner of the homestead has complete control over who is allowed to join.

buffed: Will the homestead only be available by physically entering it, like classic home instances? Or will you introduce a fast travel option, like for guild halls?

Andrew Gray, Janthir Wilds Lead: Homesteads will have a fast travel option called the "Conjured Doorway" which will allow you to place a physical door in the world to both travel to your homestead and invite others to join you.

----

Since they're speaking about the standard party instance join functionality I think we'll be able to invite a max. of four other players. Though that said, I don't know if raids use the same 'standard party instance join functionality' , if so, then maybe the max. could be 10 (9 + yourself) ?

So my advice is, keep your expectations low on max. 5 people and maybe / hopefully they will surprise us with a higher number. 

Edited by Mystflower.7319
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/15/2024 at 6:19 AM, Kinurak.5307 said:

That is totally not possible. Do you even have any idea how big is Lost Precipice? From the video, the bird's eye view from above doesn't seem that big an outdoor area in our homestead. It's nothing compared to the size of guild halls. Isle of Reflection, our smallest Guild Hall has 3 waypoints, the rest have 4 to 6 WPs, how many waypoints are there in our homestead again?

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Confused 3

I hope we can have some kegs - so everyone has enough beer. 😄 (And then upgrading/placing more kegs so more player can join the instance - up to a max upper limit.) At least for norn players. I don't think norn guests would visit if there was not enough ale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

Andrew Gray, Janthir Wilds Lead: It is not currently possible to visit others' Homesteads when they are not present as the system uses the standard party instance join functionality. This means the owner of the homestead has complete control over who is allowed to join.

DISAPPOINTING!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

I quote from the buffed website where the original English interview is listed at the bottom of the page (after all the the German text at https://www.buffed.de/Guild-Wars-2-Spiel-17072/Specials/Housing-Interview-Arenanet-1451545/)

buffed: Friends will be able to decorate our homesteads, that's absolutely awesome. Regarding that: Will people be able to visit our homestead without us? And can we limit the groups that can visit our homestead, a bit like the Siege turtle with its public and only party member access?

buffed: Will the homestead only be available by physically entering it, like classic home instances? Or will you introduce a fast travel option, like for guild halls?

Andrew Gray, Janthir Wilds Lead: Homesteads will have a fast travel option called the "Conjured Doorway" which will allow you to place a physical door in the world to both travel to your homestead and invite others to join you.

----

Since they're speaking about the standard party instance join functionality I think we'll be able to invite a max. of five other players. Though that said, I don't know if raids use the same 'standard party instance join functionality' , if so, then maybe the max. could be 10?

So my advice is, keep your expectations low on max. 5 people and maybe / hopefully they will surprise us with a higher number. 

ok iam not a fan of that.          

In Rift we could visit others dimensions on a list. This way Random people can come across interesting houses. This current model will pretty much limit the feature to only being seen by friends/guild members. Once again a huge limitation that wasnt forseen by the game developers. 

• Confused 6

Well i guess only youtube viewers will be able to see my home since they clearly did not bother revamping that system from the beginning when thinking about how players would use homesteads.

• Confused 3

A bit of a shame if it's only a party at a time. Ffxiv can cram in 100 people into the mansion. Even then the venues can become so full that people will party in the garden! 

Hopefully they expand it to allow a squad in at a time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

for community aspects - being able to visit other peoples homes based off say a youtube video or still image on a discord page might make you want to visit it. With other games you still have to be in that persons guild or friends list and in some games eso you just need an addon. addons dont work with gw2 so i wouldn't assume that, but to grow a community i woulda thought anet might of looked into their party system code to see if people in a guild or friends list might have access to your house even if not in a party with you.

it coulda been fun to add a 7th guild slot just for decoration communities if you could visit peoples homes that were in your guild, but alas anet chose not to go in that direction.

Edited by Kelly.7019