Suggestion: Buy Each Mode Separately

Halan.8951

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:If this would happend pvp and wvw and raids would die for majority cares for only open world pve

Let's add Legendary Weapons in the mix too.Let's add new weapon skins, new mounts, new mastery points, new adventures, new races, new items, new enemies.Why stay at Raids, PVP and WVW?Let's see how everything other than multi loots die, and then the game dies soon after.

This has to be one of the worst suggestions I've seen, and this is without me even knowing that publishers and developers have tried this crap to get more money at first. The game would end up being split into at least three sections, with PvP and WvW being potentially even more neglected than they are now. In addition, this suggestion doesn't take into account Legendary weapons/armor, which require playing across 2 or even all 3 modes to accomplish, and possibly some collections as well. Even if this fixed anything, it'd inevitably cause more problems.

In a practical scenario your suggestion doesn't actually have a good impact, because part of game development is experimentation.
Whenever that system was tried it was by companies that wanted to be able to exploit playerbase, they'd split the gameplay features and put a price on each because it was easier to excuse high prices if it's in small increments rather than a big price at once.To explain what I mean by experimentation, game systems are often added and then improved upon, what people might not find worthwhile can become so with sponsoring. The other reason is because there's something you don't seem aware of, mainly the fact that companies already do what you specified in their own way, they keep track of which areas of the game are most used/profitable and allocate resources accordingly. Experimenting only goes so far, they don't make stupid investments that drain more money/ruins player retention long term. If they do they end up having to give up the project.An example of this is their choosing to focus fractals over dungeons. No matter what you think, their decisions aren't random, and they are more concerned and aware of income than you as a player would know.If you ever want to vote on game content, you vote with your play time in the various areas, you have been this entire time without being aware apparently.

Instead of buying it separately i would like to see a core SPvP apart, f2p for everybody.

1. PvE is going fine, though some complaints about Raids and Fractals difficulty.
  2. WvW seems a mess due to conditions, instakills and missing balance ( special guest, winds of disenchantment ), but it's mostly because everything is allowed ( start to remove gear and food/consumables, limit runes as for SPvP and you will probably get an improvement ).

PvP got worst from

• gw to gw2
  • gw2 core to hot
  • hot to pof

Except the celestial fail and the possibility of 5x class ( also sigils, which they happened to fix now in the current one ), i did really enjoy the core PvP, way better than i did with HoT ( though i did enjoy it ).

A SPvP scenario which is F2P + CORE version would be really great imho.Then the balance would be easier, since you don't have to worry about builds ( classes with be character somehow ), and competition could return.

@Ahlen.7591 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I'm for this. Make 2 games. Guild Wars 2 PvE and Guild Wars 2 Competitor.That way PvE won't hold competitive GW2 back and competitive GW2 will not hold PvE back.

At the very least this is how balance should be.

PVE should be COMPLETELY unhooked from PVP/WvW for balance.

The problem is Arenanet for some weird reason can't do that.Already damn well see certain utilities saying "This depends on certain game modes" then why the hell does one mode HAVE to affect the other? You can already set it to affect one one way and affect it in another mode another way. So if you're buffing/nerfing/adding/removing crap for one mode DO NOT DO IT IN THE OTHERS!

But seeing how they can't do that, then just break the game up and make one PvE and one WvW/PvP then they would have 0 excuses. If they somehow mess up even if they split it up like that then I guess you can just say one thing about how Arenanet does certain things. Which I won't state for obvious reasons.

Could apply this to real world:

why do i, a single man, have to work and pay taxes so a woman who divorced and relies on welfare to provide for her kids?

i suppose you can think of it as subsidizing other players' choice of gameplay, and since Anet is the ruler of their game, they decide how to run their game which includes how to pay the bills to keep the lights on. if this were a democracy, you might have a say, but neither you or i can balance their books.

I used to be a huge StarCraft fan. I was super excited about StarCraft 2. Then it gets released and only the human campaign was in it. I don't play StarCraft anymore. I get that this is a little different but any time a company starts segmenting their games it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Stay consistent with your business model within a game title. Yes sure it was a full game but it didn't feel like a full game because it deviated from the model they used for the first game. I don't want Guild Wars to take that path.

Archived